• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Ithil

I think Goto would have had a decent chance in WWE if he was a bit younger, he looks cool and wouldn't be that small in WWE compared to some other New Japan guys, and while his work isn't at the top of New Japan, it would be nearer to the top of WWE.

Plus he's already pre-packaged as a samurai for them.

I wonder if they would use Nagata's WCW footage if he ever came over. It's not like Nagata did a lot in his WCW run, but he was featured in WCW/NWO Revenge.

Ithil

Goto is a goddamn loser

image.php

klonere

Banned
Goto has solid matches but that's all I can say about him.

Oh I guess the names of his signatures/finisher moves are cool as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was kindly gifted a copy of Mid-Atlantic Memories, and I'm really psyched to start watching it now. Anyone else see it, or have it?

Sunny, can you appeal to a mod to close one of the two NXT TakeOver: Respect threads? Sandalphon's already stated that he doesn't care if his gets closed, and we need to avoid WrassleGAF brand confusion.

Zach

Sting being the guy who ends Goldberg's streak would have basically redeemed the Starccade debacle in my opinion. It would have taken the guy who single handily fought the nWo to beat Goldberg instead of a cheating heel to do it. This way another face is put over big time and Goldberg's mystique is pretty well preserved since it took the face of the company to take him down. And since everyone else isn't Sting, the next time some heel is talking trash and Goldberg's music hits you know shit's about to go down.

I see, I see.

Finally getting the Table for 3 with IC guys watched - first question to Bryan was how long he was IC champ, and his response is he doesn't know.

Man. He's done.

That one started out slow but we were cracking up by the end. Fun times.

klonere

Banned
Sunny, can you appeal to a mod to close one of the two NXT TakeOver: Respect threads? Sandalphon's already stated that he doesn't care if his gets closed, and we need to avoid WrassleGAF brand confusion.

I'd close BronxMan's one as it sucks and he's banned.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I can, but we're all equals, feel free. Typically Cyan and Cornballer are quick to respond.

I want to see Mojo Rawley in Japan running through the crowds and hugging people.

Given Japan's occasionally dubious embraces of gaijin wrestlers, I could definitely see Mojo Rawley get over in Japan.

He can be worse than Big Daddy Yum Yum, after all.

Imagine how pervy the NJPW cameramen would be if Alexa Bliss accompanied Blake and Murphy for a tour. It'd make the shit they pull with Maria seem subtle.

Blake and Murphy are no worse than Bennett and Taven, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A definite possibility.

Sunny, please enjoy this video of Norwegian bodybuilders visiting a tiny village.

hahaha, I really liked that. I was hoping it was legitimately a LITTLE village, and I was not disappointed. Good video.

jred2k

Imagine how pervy the NJPW cameramen would be if Alexa Bliss accompanied Blake and Murphy for a tour. It'd make the shit they pull with Maria seem subtle.

Blake and Murphy are no worse than Bennett and Taven, right?

You could tell me that they are the same people and I would have to believe you.

Aiii

So not worth it
When? What year? What organization? This is all key. Tentative C

Okay, imagine this. WCW, undefeated. WWF run? Undefeated. Now he's retired, and here comes Apollo Crews straight from NXT to the main roster on the Raw after Mania in 2016. And he wins his first match, and another, and another... And he keeps winning, two years straight, every televised match, every PPV match, every house show match, Crews defeats the entire roster for 18 months and becomes US champion after the first year at Mania 2017, then in 2018 he wins the Rumble and main events Mania against WWE Champion John Cena and becomes champion. Two straight years of victories, 100-something-and-oh, amazing, not seen since the mighty Goldberg, who retired undefeated, vacating the WWE title when he did so, back in 2003.

And here we are, at Mania, everyone is celebrating, streamers, everyone marvels at the guy and the titantron shows whatever Crews streak is and he is the biggest thing ever. He continues for a year. Rumble 2019, Crews successfully defends his title in the semi-main and gets on the mic to cut a promo how nobody can beat him, how he's now matched the record that Goldberg had when he retires and that he won't fight another match until Mania against the Rumble winner, to finally beat Goldberg's infamous streak at The Grandest Stage Of Them All and then, in the middle of the following celebration, they cut his music. The entrance ramp fills with smoke, Crews looks confused, stares at the entrance. And mothafuckin' Goldberg's music hits, he appears, does his usual smoke-exhaling entrance. Enters the ring, monstrous stare-off as we hear the biggest pop since the Attitude Era ended. Goldberg is the #1 entrant of the Rumble! Crews is on commentary during the entire thing and Goldberg survives to the end and wins the Rumble. Crews enters the ring, offers him a handshake, but NO! Spear and Jackhammer! Goldberg raises the WWE Title and points at the Mania sign!

Biggest. Mania. Buyrate. Ever! Clash of the Titans. Crews defeats Goldberg to become the biggest star ever.

That, my friend, is how Goldberg's streak should have ended.

Fuck Kevin Nash.

Blake and Murphy are better than those other goobers. how dare you suggest that they're equal

if you sent an NXT guy to Japan, or anywhere, it's gotta be Tyler Breeze, right? he could use the experience and you have new people to make him lose to

Sanjuro

And now I respond like you're all serious.

This is one of the better ideas, especially because of that Diamond Cutter gif. My only concern is DDP was pretty old and couldn't really be the future.

WCW didn't have a future, JACK!

People tend to forget how on fire DDP was in the organization. That match he had with Sting on WCW Nitro kind of solidified him as the top guy. Anyone else suggesting otherwise wasn't watching the product at the time.

The thing about him and Goldberg that were important, were that they were both pure WCW guys. People really took to that around the period.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bateaster's married again, friends

ev7oZJH.jpg

She's a pole dancer and does good work.

Top Bottom