• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Isn't Emmalina tonight..?
Emmalina.0.jpg

Where is this rumor from?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3336344/wwe-news-chris-jericho-finished-with-wwe-after-wwe-summerslam/

“We are working on recording a new album in September or October then have it released next April. Originally, the plan was for the album to come out in April of this year and we decided to push it back and then we decided not to rush it all together. I think taking this time off has people wondering where we are at and that makes them more interested into something we put together when we finally release it.”

Other places are reporting it to, but he's still her and October is almost done. So hopefully he's just working it around his current run and sticking around?

Tagyhag

Shame WWE only knows how to book faces using the Cena/Rock playbook of making up lame jokes and nicknames.

I also don't get why he's a face.

So he says he's screwed out of too many title matches and has to fight his way to the top. But isn't he giving opportunity after opportunity?

PreFire

The Wwe universe is weird sometimes.

They (I guess the younger crowd) don't appreciate late 90s and 2000's wrestlers who make comebacks.

Even AJ Styles, who was received well gets some people who boo him loud enough to be on TV. I don't care how much of a heel he's supposed to be. You cheer that man.

I have a feeling the crowd isn't going to be screaming Goldberg, probably just people born in the 80s and early 90s. Sure, he isn't a technical wrestler, and almost killed Bret Hart, but I always liked his gimmick and watching his fights.

Reminds me of the days RVD wasn't fully over with the WWE fans. Like when he'd point to himself to say Rob Van Dam, it would only be about half the crowd saying it, if that. I just don't understand how you can't appreciate a guy who put his body at risk like a Jeff Hardy, who is ALWAYS over with the fans.

I mean, this is a fan base that cheers for John Corny Cena, and New Day lmao

DJKhaled

They (I guess the younger crowd) don't appreciate late 90s and 2000's wrestlers who make comebacks.

Even AJ Styles, who was received well gets some people who boo him loud enough to be on TV. I don't care how much of a heel he's supposed to be. You cheer that man.

I have a feeling the crowd isn't going to be screaming Goldberg, probably just people born in the 80s and early 90s. Sure, he isn't a technical wrestler, and almost killed Bret Hart, but I always liked his gimmick and watching his fights.

Reminds me of the days RVD wasn't fully over with the WWE fans. Like when he'd point to himself to say Rob Van Dam, it would only be about half the crowd saying it, if that. I just don't understand how you can't appreciate a guy who put his body at risk like a Jeff Hardy, who is ALWAYS over with the fans.

This is a pretty cringey post

Heels being cheered is one of the worst things in current WWE with pretty much every heel minus Miz, Charlotte and Sheamus getting cheers. The times they actually get proper heat is a time to celebrate.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
It would be wrong to beat Rollins clean here considering he is challenging for the title, but it also sucks that Jericho lost. He needs to continue to look like a legit threat with the gold he is on now.

Nekofrog

Banned

I'm near the end of 2001 raws and rvd signs are goddamn EVERYWHERE, crowd is constantly chanting for him, and his pops are overshadowed only by angle

Damn, they just went and put the 2k17 logo on the whole Goldberg return just to make it more obvious.

At this point he should come out just to say that he's being forced into losing at Survivor Series to promote this crap.

Damn, they just went and put the 2k17 logo on the whole Goldberg return just to make it more obvious.

At this point he should come out just to say that he's being forced into losing at Survivor Series to promote this crap.

Sting is being used to promote toys

Sting-hung-out-with-Power-Rangers-400x240.jpg

Goldberg is being used to promote a video game. Gotta put those good ol' dubyuh cee dubyuh boys to work!

shanafan

you would...
dad

Since you said that, haha.. I was on a kayak trip this past summer. It was like 16 of us in a group. We had a guide, and as we were kayaking, he said "Do you want to hear a joke?" And people were like, sure. He says "The joke is about pizza... nah, you guys would think it's too cheesy."

I was the only one who laughed... and I still laugh about the joke to this day, lol.

PreFire

I'm near the end of 2001 raws and rvd signs are goddamn EVERYWHERE, crowd is constantly chanting for him, and his pops are overshadowed only by angle

Yeah that was during the alliance angle I believe.

It's later down the line that I don't remember him getting loud chants. He'd even point to the crowd like "what? You don't like me anymore?"

I would love an RVD comeback lol. But dude is an open weed advocate.. WWE and their PG Era won't accept it, maybe.

I know I have said it before but I hate the fact that they made some of their gimmick matches into pay per views. They've killed the hype for stuff like a Hell in a Cell match or a TLC match. You should get a Hell in a Cell match maybe once a year and it should come at any time. Wrestlemania was good and if you have to do a second one it should be for a damn good reason. A women's match is a good reason.

But then we got Rollins versus Owens in a cell too. That's too much.

Get rid of the gimmick PPVs. Don't set yourself up to have to put on a cell match just because it's the name of the show.

Top Bottom