• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

klonere

Banned
20865%20-%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20dolph_ziggler%20gif%20headbutt%20wrestlemania%20wwe.gif

Daniel probably can't remember either.

This is dumber than all your flippy dippy bullshit

Worst spot of forever

HHH career in one word.
Pretty much. Straight trash.

PWInsider.com has learned there has been a push in the last week internally for WWE to sign James Ellsworth to a full-time deal, so don't be shocked to see him pop back up on WWE TV as soon as this week's Smackdown.

We are told that the merchandise sales for his t-shirt turned a lot of heads inside the company as has his popularity online, so if you bought a shirt, you may have helped him get a WWE contract.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=105547

Mahonay

Banned
FUCK PWINSIDER. Every time I open their site my eyes bleed and my computer cries.

No, I'm not disabling my adblocker to read news about fucking James Ellsworth.

klonere

Banned
Friends is this the football equivalent to "MUH WORKRATE"

what is funny is that people are going to say "omfg terrible! this is why viewership is down!"

no. what you have is the nfl/fantasy football has set an expectation of higher scores. high scorin'! that's what people want. the NFL grew their market by roping in a bunch of people who are just casual fans, want to see some TD's, drink some beer, and so on. the hardcore NFL fan very likely enjoyed this throw back game. i thought it was entertaining and the good defense was ACTUALLY good defense, not completely inept offenses that couldn't get out of their own way. yes, both offenses missed some opportunities but it was the defenses that deserve the praise.

the missed fg's at the end though...

somedevil

They should just offer Ellsworth a contract where he can't appear on ROH or if TNA if it still exists and he can still do Indie dates. Then he can just randomly appear on WWE when they need him.

I did like the "It's yer maw" from the ICW vid. Never change Glasgow.

As for Ellsworth, full-time almost kinda ruins it (not that I could blame him for taking the opportunity if offered). I'd love for him to enter the rumble and get a flukey elimination though.

MC Safety

I like James Ellsworth and don't mind him making regular appearances. But the WWE has to do away with one-sided matches with wrestlers who are just brought in to lose.

That nonsense worked for local-based wrestling organizations whose product never made it to national TV. The idea was the matches would drive ticket sales for bigger, auditorium shows.

On national TV, the goal is different. Ticket sales matter, of course, but ratings and ad sales are more important. It's why the WWF abandoned jobber matches in the 1980s -- because the product went national and competitive matches are a far better draw.

What is WWE trying to sell here? The idea that Nia Jax and Braun Strowman are so fearsome they can beat up the wrestling equivalent of second-grade schoolchildren? And can do so multiple weeks in a row? Color us all impressed.

I like James Ellsworth and don't mind him making regular appearances. But the WWE has to do away with one-sided matches with wrestlers who are just brought in to lose.

That nonsense worked for local-based wrestling organizations whose product never made it to national TV. The idea was the matches would drive ticket sales for bigger, auditorium shows.

On national TV, the goal is different. Ticket sales matter, of course, but ratings and ad sales are more important. It's why the WWF abandoned jobber matches in the 1980s -- because the product went national and competitive matches are a far better draw.

What is WWE trying to sell here? The idea that Nia Jax and Braun Strowman are so fearsome they can beat up the wrestling equivalent of second-grade schoolchildren? And can do so multiple weeks in a row? Color us all impressed.

You need jobbers to get over your big stars without having your other stars lose on tv so much or having nothing finishes.

wwf's issue is that when they use them, they tend to overuse them to put over the same guy, like they did with strowman. American Alpha should have been working with heel job teams for the past few weeks for example, rather then having gable constantly made to look weak.

You need jobbers to get over your big stars without having your other stars lose on tv so much or having nothing finishes.

wwf's issue is that when they use them, they tend to overuse them to put over the same guy, like they did with strowman. American Alpha should have been working with heel job teams for the past few weeks for example, rather then having gable constantly made to look weak.

Or jobbers getting over More than the wrestler they were sopose to.

See Ellsworth, james

Anth0ny

the other weird thing about 2016 jobbers is they bring in fucking little skinny nerds that look like they never did a pushup in their life

like, is it impressive to see a bear like braun strongman beat james ellsworth? it's hilarious for sure, but funny don't draw money, daddeh.

at least in the 80s and 90s jobbers still LOOKED like wrestlers, either roided up freaks or big buff bastards

klonere

Banned
the other weird thing about 2016 jobbers is they bring in fucking little skinny nerds that look like they never did a pushup in their life

like, is it impressive to see a bear like braun strongman beat james ellsworth? it's hilarious for sure, but funny don't draw money, daddeh.

at least in the 80s and 90s jobbers still LOOKED like wrestlers, either roided up freaks or big buff bastards

have you watched an 80s Jim Crockett squash match

the jobbers looked like fucking pale, skinny fat wastes of life

Because all of the geeks and nerds in the business today look like they've never done a push up in their lives. You've gotta match it up. I mean how in the fuck would it look if AJ or Seth were squashing a jobber buffer than them?

Top Bottom