• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

fuckin' eww
fFulfL0.png

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/790537705872564224

MC Safety

You need jobbers to get over your big stars without having your other stars lose on tv so much or having nothing finishes.

wwf's issue is that when they use them, they tend to overuse them to put over the same guy, like they did with strowman. American Alpha should have been working with heel job teams for the past few weeks for example, rather then having gable constantly made to look weak.

You don't need jobbers; the WWF and the WWE and WCW survived and thrived for years without them.

You're looking at the product as a vehicle for the wrestlers. It is not.

It is a vehicle for merchandise sales and ad revenue and market share.

Well let me ask you this Wrasslegaf:

Are you employed at a job where you are required to talk to a person or group of people?
If so, do you often use the technique of promos to sell your point to other co-workers?

Thanks.

Toki767

Are you employed at a job where you are required to talk to a person or group of people?
If so, do you often use the technique of promos to sell your point to other co-workers?

Thanks.

I scream at different times to get my point across.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's almost impressive how much they managed to kill Raw's tag division with the New Day beating Demolition title reign nonsense. The ND haven't had any momentum since WrestleMania or something, and yet they're still going while Gallows and Anderson and E&C have cooled off a ton due to the fact they put them on the backburner in favor of New Day's title run.

Yes.

Thanks.
No.
It's almost impressive how much they managed to kill Raw's tag division with the New Day beating Demolition title reign nonsense. The ND haven't had any momentum since WrestleMania or something, and yet they're still going while Gallows and Anderson and E&C have cooled off a ton due to the fact they put them on the backburner in favor of New Day's title run.

To be fair, Gallows and Anderson are trash.

Heroman

Banned
Can't kill something that was never alive in the first place.

WWE doesn't get that Ellsworth was funny and entertaining because of his role and he should be scarcely used. Honestly, they should have dropped him right after his first appearance since jobbing to Braun. It was a fun little thing. Now it's just not entertaining to me, anymore and I can't see him having a long lasting career or people getting sick of him. But on the plus side, get that fuckin' money, dude. Congrats.

Seriously tho wwe verbage gives me a migraine

Cvi3TeEUAAQ3oGl.jpg

No one talks like this

Going by that logic, Sami should already be cemented as he beat the current Champ clean in the middle of the ring like a month before he won the title lol. Sami is definitely going to be the next Daniel Bryan, so expect years of jobbing and mid-card titles before rising to the top.

You don't need jobbers; the WWF and the WWE and WCW survived and thrived for years without them.

You're looking at the product as a vehicle for the wrestlers. It is not.

It is a vehicle for merchandise sales and ad revenue and market share.

How's that ad revenue working for them?
How's their TV ratings doing?

If you don't build wrestlers as stars, you're just building the brand itself, and all that leads to is the current medicority. All the casual fans are gone because the shows are long, poorly written and have no stars except cena, who's close to retirement.

Top Bottom