• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

"– According to Pwinsider.com, FloSports (a tech company that is built around live, streaming subscription content) has been in contact with a number of top independent professional wrestling companies. The company has been streaming live sports over the last year; they have also been meeting with independent companies about bringing that content to their platform. Pwinsider.com says that announcements should be coming this week, in regards to companies announcing their shift over to FloSports for streaming events.

The site also adds that there has been some excitement regarding a new money player putting some money into an independent wrestling promotion. They expect more news over the next week or so.

In related news, WWE was part of an investor group for FloSports. The company announced the investor group for the Series B $21.2 million funding. It also includes Discovery Communications and Causeway Media Partners. It’s unknown how much WWE invested."

klonere

Banned
nobody knows

It's like 9am in Texas so we should find out soon-ish

"– According to Pwinsider.com, FloSports (a tech company that is built around live, streaming subscription content) has been in contact with a number of top independent professional wrestling companies. The company has been streaming live sports over the last year; they have also been meeting with independent companies about bringing that content to their platform. Pwinsider.com says that announcements should be coming this week, in regards to companies announcing their shift over to FloSports for streaming events.

The site also adds that there has been some excitement regarding a new money player putting some money into an independent wrestling promotion. They expect more news over the next week or so.

In related news, WWE was part of an investor group for FloSports. The company announced the investor group for the Series B $21.2 million funding. It also includes Discovery Communications and Causeway Media Partners. It’s unknown how much WWE invested."

Former investors? Is this a storyline?

klonere

Banned
Wrestling twitter has been unbearable this morning. So much tip toeing not to shit over some underpaid marketing goons PR.

WWE out-muscling this whole deal seems likely but super lame as well.

korly

The WCW Saturday Night set is my favorite weekly TV wrestling set. Like people call it rinky dink or smalltime being in a studio but to me that made that shit look profesional, slick even. Plus they had that dope entrance which is still the coolest entrance in wrestling history barring some PPVs.

All iterations too. Set always looked good for Saturday Night.

What about the original WCW Thunder set that looked like wrestlers were coming out of a secret wall in Spelunky or something?

c3FQTQc.png

Wrestling twitter has been unbearable this morning. So much tip toeing not to shit over some underpaid marketing goons PR.

WWE out-muscling this whole deal seems likely but super lame as well.

I hope WWE just buy out this streaming service so I eventually get to watch every PPV ever on WWE network.

We are the nation, of domination

So WWE Network is a tenner a month and covers me for sooooo much content and a streaming service for PPV's.....

Flosport is £20 a month and as of yet..... streaming only? Didn't announce a library?

Rest.....In........Peace

klonere

Banned
tbh if I got PROGRESS, Evolve, AAW, RPW and some other random indies I'd go in for it.

Hell I might go in for just Evolve and PROGRESS.

Menome

I spoke with Chris Benoit again today!

Still legit shook.

Oh, you're in contact with him? Need to ask him a question:

Chris, did you ruin the dreams of thousands of adults and children and nearly kill off the family-friendly veneer of professional wrestling?

6llBA3E.gif

Anth0ny

if it's good yeah sure

indy wrasslin is a+

I mean in the grand scheme of things you are right but if done right it could be pretty cool for some of us

yeah it's cool for hardcore fans, for sure

but I also picture hardcore indie wrestling fans as dudes who are savvy enough to find pirated streams/ppv torrents with no difficulty

without the wwe marketing machine behind it I just don't know

klonere

Banned
rovert is saying they have rights to ROH & Evolve which is an interesting pairing but the thought of giving ROH money in 2016 makes me feel ill

Mahonay

Banned
If this WWE Network indy content news doesn't drop today, Wade Keller is just another wiener who just enjoys making really fucking annoying cryptic Tweets.

Cause WWE is picking up indies too and FloSlam is a startup
Also every indication WWE made that they were adding Indy stuff always came with the indication that it'd be more than $9.99 even if they were able to pull it off

Your dreams of killing the indies and doing it for under $10 were always just dreams

imBask

Banned
I mean from a marketing standpoint this makes no sense. Having the "inferior" content cost more than your premium content is real stupid

Mahonay

Banned
I mean a streaming indy service is pretty cool I guess, especially if they manage to pull in more feds. Not willing to pay 20 a month though.

Anth0ny

If this WWE Network indy content news doesn't drop today, Wade Keller is just another wiener who just enjoys making really fucking annoying cryptic Tweets.

for real, what a nothing announcement.

if the wwe talent don't make fuck all off the network I hate to imagine what indie performers would make off the entire 1000 man subscriber base that this will create

Top Bottom