• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

No it won't. I'm legitimately afraid of what those girls will try and do in this match.

I mean, considering Charlotte wanted to do a moonsault off the Cell and Vince told her no, we already know where their mindset is.

They are going to do something crazy to try and justify themselves to all the "they won't use the cell!" and "why are they pushing this so much?" crowd.

The cw division is already dead. They had one job, all you had to do was let them open raw but instead you'd rather cram them in the mix of this other trash.

CvlC3qaUMAAatPy.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Same.

I guess my only complaint would be that they should have had Mick cut this promo before he made the match at all.

Him cutting the promo tonight was the correct payoff, but they didn't build up to it. Leading up to this match, he should have been distant and moody, maybe try to talk to Charlotte or Sasha only to hold back because he doesn't want to rain on their big moment. Surely he had to have thought of this before now.

Loved that segment overall, though those saying it's "too late" to truly make sense are kind of right. You don't need Mick actually selling the dangers of the cell so hard earlier, but having him be really apprehensive about the match while Stephanie is pushing the hell out of it over the last two weeks would have been ideal.

Him cutting the promo tonight was the correct payoff, but they didn't build up to it. Leading up to this match, he should have been distant and moody, maybe try to talk to Charlotte or Sasha only to hold back because he doesn't want to rain on their big moment. Surely he had to have thought of this before now.

I feel like the story should have been that Sasha and Charlotte asked for the match but he told them no because he knows what it does to people. Then they spends weeks getting in brawls and attacking each other, generally ruining each other's segments and matches. Mick cuts this same passionate promo but then says he'll make the match because they aren't giving him any other choice.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I feel like the story should have been that Sasha and Charlotte asked for the match but he told them no because he knows what it does to people. Then they spends weeks getting in brawls and attacking each other, generally ruining each other's segments and matches. Mick cuts this same passionate promo but then says he'll make the match because they aren't giving him any other choice.

That works great! You're hired. Now go move to Stamford.

ReiGun

Loved that segment overall, though those saying it's "too late" to truly make sense are kind of right. You don't need Mick actually selling the dangers of the cell so hard earlier, but having him be really apprehensive about the match while Stephanie is pushing the hell out of it over the last two weeks would have been ideal.
Right. It was the payoff for a buildup that never happened. If you look at it as just a promo on its own though, it was really good.

Sanjuro

I know nothing about this Swann. Decided to look up on Wikipedia.

Swann was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland.[11] When he was 14 years old, his father was murdered and his mother died a couple of years later, after which Swann "fell in with a rough crowd" and began using cocaine.[11] However, after his supplier died of a heart attack, Swann, with help from his aunt, stopped using cocaine, got an apartment and finished high school.

...wat?

I do really like TJ, but this division needs a good heel for everyone to chase for a while until one of these guys gets over as a babyface. Kendrick can be that guy.

Top Bottom