• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Hasney

Flips will never, ever, make any sense whatsoever.

The problem is this contrived kayfabe idea that a flip gives someone a high enough ATK stat to dish out pain on a dude the same size of you or three times as large.

In reality, all it is is a high risk manuever that risks killing your career and brushing your weak capabilities to tell an in ring story under a rug. It's just pure distraction and rarely makes any sense.

This is my problem with Zack Saber Jr, for example. The guy has the technical prowess to counter any move yet despite this kayfabe fact, he feels like he needs to cut away from that system, launch himself into the air, and for what? Weaken his opponent who could have just as easily been as hurt by a series of ground moves?

I do not get it. It's just fancy peacock circus antics.

I apply this to almost all of wrestling though. I've never had suspension of disbelief so they may as well go all out.

Also why I've never had a problem with the Canadian Destroyer.

Kaladin

I enjoy a good big vs. little match. Little's gotta fly around, hit and run, use that speed and agility. Big's gotta weather the storm, swat the fly, slow fasty with some no-nonsense power movez.

But that's just wrestling at wrestling's best: using some kind of wrassle logic to dictate the happenings.

takerpunch.gif

Tell me more about this Ken Joyce Fellow.

Originally a Canadian tag team wrestler with his brother Billy, he came over to the UK in the 50's and (much like Johnny Saint would a few years later) became a disciple of George Kidd's "escapology" style of wrestling - he was always a fairly popular figure, but never found the success of Saint (perhaps due to the dominance of Kidd in the lightweight division at the time), whereas Saint would ultimately end up as the hand-picked successor to Kidd at the same time as Joyce's career was winding down.

Here's a great match between the two, the ageing master vs the current champion at the height of his abilities, but the old guy's still got a trick or two up his sleeve;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Vretta4NI

The George Kidd Special. IIRC, Bryan did the Johnny Saint variation called 'The Lady of the Lake', where he extends a hand out of the ball and then flips the other guy into a pin or an armbar. /nerd

Flips will never, ever, make any sense whatsoever.

The problem is this contrived kayfabe idea that a flip gives someone a high enough ATK stat to dish out pain on a dude the same size of you or three times as large.

In reality, all it is is a high risk manuever that risks killing your career and brushing your weak capabilities to tell an in ring story under a rug. It's just pure distraction and rarely makes any sense.

This is my problem with Zack Saber Jr, for example. The guy has the technical prowess to counter any move yet despite this kayfabe fact, he feels like he needs to cut away from that system, launch himself into the air, and for what? Weaken his opponent who could have just as easily been as hurt by a series of ground moves?

I do not get it. It's just fancy peacock circus antics.

zack sabre is a flippy dude now?

i think i've seen him do 1 dive, and that was a crossbody in the CWC.

Fox318

Good to know guys like Aries and Nak are working in front of 60 people in Florida while guys like Ellsworth are getting title shots!

imBask

Banned
Ellsworth is over. We can't complain about them not pushing the guys who are over and then complain about Ellsworth, that's hypocrisy

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ya'll just don't listen.

TNA will outlive WWE. You'll keep saying 'LOL TNA IS FINISHED 'and TNA will still be around and the only one will be lolign is Dixie. At you.
Ellsworth is over. We can't complain about them not pushing the guys who are over and then complain about Ellsworth, that's hypocrisy

'Over' with the ratings being down 11% when he's in the main event?

Kaladin

If Corgan has lost this Lawsuit against TNA because he didn't have a license and then in turn is liable to be sued for the principle of the original loans he made to them so that he legally gets nothing, Billy Corgan will go down in the books as the biggest fucking mark in history.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What the fuck happened to Aries' face?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvzDuW1VMAAS-Q9.jpg:large

*edit, oh okay, Nak kneed him.
Kick to the face. Wasn't a particularly strong kick, so I guess it was just a timing error.

https://twitter.com/McChicken_God

On the way out, he was back in heel mode

https://twitter.com/testsubjectb/status/791519856860344320

If Corgan has lost this Lawsuit against TNA because he didn't have a license and then in turn is liable to be sued for the principle of the original loans he made to them so that he legally gets nothing, Billy Corgan will go down in the books as the biggest fucking mark in history.

The kind of legal gotcha that results in Corgan losing all of his money (from a legal standpoint) doesn't exist.

His best case was getting TNA and its debts and attempting to start fresh with a different name. Which meant he'd technically get...nothing.

He put millions of dollars into the company with a .000000000000000000000000001% chance he's ever getting even a cent back in return. Baffling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Apparently TNA can counter sue Corgan because he entered into the pledge loan without a license.

They aren't going to successfully counter-sue Corgan for all of the money he loaned them

Apparently TNA can counter sue Corgan because he entered into the pledge loan without a license.
As usual AG thinks he knows better than the law

Paging Dixie right now to sue him after this victory. Paging, of course, because emails have been unsuccessful 😂

Top Bottom