• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Won't stand for oblivion slander

LrzIeF4.jpg

Fox318

According to Bryan Alvarez, Kevin Dunn hates Becky's accent and doesn't want to hear it anymore so she isn't going to get a lot of promo time in the future

Vince... I just don't think anyone likes accents. We needs to drive profits for our Smackdown Entertainment brand. The Becky Lynch brand isn't a vehicle in which to do that.

Not one person in wrestling will miss dunn when he is gone.

Lothar

Banned
How's about Nier? Anyone that appreciates story and music and hasn't played it is missing out. Easily one of the best stories and soundtracks in gaming. Gameplay is passable. About like Skyrim, Witcher 3, and South Park in that it's nothing really special and that's not the reason to play it.

Skyrim's the John Cena of RPGs.

How's about Nier? Anyone that appreciates story and music and hasn't played it is missing out. Easily one of the best stories and soundtracks in gaming. Gameplay is passable. About like Skyrim, Witcher 3, and South Park in that it's nothing really special and that's not the reason to play it.

I shall second this. Can't wait for Automata.

Lothar

Banned
ECW crowds were the coolest because they were smarks that allowed themselves to get into the storylines. They didn't do dual chants or "This is awesome." They got angry when heels cut heel promos. They cared when faces opened up their heart to them. They sang along to theme music. It's not their fault the wrestlers were so bad that they had to hurt themselves for real and they used women just for eye candy.

Neir is a bad game.

It's actually one of the best games ever made.

Heroman

Banned
ECW crowds were the coolest because they were smarks that allowed themselves to get into the storylines. They didn't do dual chants or "This is awesome." They got angry when heels cut heel promos. They cared when faces opened up their hard to them. They sang along to theme music. It's not their fault the wrestlers were so bad that they had to hurt themselves for real and they used women just for eye candy.

It's actually one of the best games ever made.
A game where the actual gameplay is bad can't not be considered the best game of all time

Zach

ECW crowds were the coolest because they were smarks that allowed themselves to get into the storylines. They didn't do dual chants or "This is awesome." They got angry when heels cut heel promos. They cared when faces opened up their hard to them. They sang along to theme music. It's not their fault the wrestlers were so bad that they had to hurt themselves for real and they used women just for eye candy.

- Getting into storylines is cool.
- They chanted plenty and oftentimes disgustingly.
- Yes, it's not their fault that they acted like depraved weirdos at a Trump rally. Totally out of their control.

jmdajr

- Getting into storylines is cool.
- They chanted plenty and oftentimes disgustingly.
- Yes, it's not their fault that they acted like depraved weirdos at a Trump rally. Totally out of their control.

"She's a crack whore" clap*clap*clap*

Fox318

I still wonder if Trips will have the power to get rid of Dunn once Vince stops working.
Trips owns more than Dunn IIRC.

There is zero production reasoning as to why Dunn needs to have a job.

Unless he has a knack for keeping costs down he's been stagnant for 20 years with camera work and his views on what the product should be corralte persisly with Wrestling becoming a niche.

Verendus

Banned
So what are the odds they do Haitch vs. Rollins at Survivor Series now?

The card seems like it could shape up better than Wrasslin'Mania. I hope they give Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown plenty of time. I want my epic 40 minute wrasslin' match.

Trips owns more than Dunn IIRC.

There is zero production reasoning as to why Dunn needs to have a job.

Unless he has a knack for keeping costs down he's been stagnant for 20 years with camera work and his views on what the product should be corralte persisly with Wrestling becoming a niche.
Yeah if Dunn's father didn't save those tapes from being destroyed, he would've been gone a long time ago.

Heroman

Banned
So what are the odds they do Haitch vs. Rollins at Survivor Series now?

The card seems like it could shape up better than Wrasslin'Mania. I hope they give Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown plenty of time. I want my epic 40 minute wrasslin' match.
HHH only jobs at the biggest show of the year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't buy any scoop reported by Alvarez anyways.

The concept that Kevin Dunn will just decide on a whim that some over wrestler is now not over and will be silenced is laughable.

Verendus

Banned
Since there's only one main Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown match, I feel they shouldn't hold back. Don't put in some jobbers. I want to see the likes of Reigns, Joan Cena, Orton, and even Rollins and Haitch if they're not having their own match.

Since there's only one main Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown match, I feel they shouldn't hold back. Don't put in some jobbers. I want to see the likes of Reigns, Joan Cena, Orton, and even Rollins and Haitch if they're not having their own match.

The rumor is a lot of top wrestlers in these Survivor Series matches. I just want there to be some actual stakes. Winning two out of three gets you first draft pick? You lose two out of three and give up three superstars that the opposing brand gets to scoop up? Something.

Lothar

Banned
You're right. Attitude Era fans were trash, too.

In this, yeah, but they were just doing what the company wanted them to. I remember one instance when Lita was given a condom as an engagement ring in the ring and then 5 minute later she was getting with her boyfriend's opponents. Wrestlers regularly insulted women by calling them whores. If instead of this, ECW had a serious women's division, the fans would have been more respectful.

Zach

Kevin Nash was entertaining and goofy from time to time -- and even had a couple of decent matches
with Bret Hart
-- but I feel, on the whole, he has not been good for the wrasslin' business.

AJW fans in the mid-80's are pretty much unmatched in terms of sheer volume, especially when it came to the Crush Gals.

Nashvember is a wrestlegaf tradition. And some marks wanna break tradition for some FLIPPIES!? For gymnasts that won't even be remembered in a year???

Just because something's a tradition doesn't mean it isn't inherently awful.

Top Bottom