• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Oersted

I want to use this moment to remind you of the Demon King.

What a man. What a run. What a facepaint.

#FinnTheKing #NeverForget

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm back to watching late 1999 WWF.

DX Turned Heel and rejoined HHH. All of them. Turned on Kane. Seemingly turned on Torrie. This is the final nail in X-Pac's face run. Turning on Kane was like one of those alignment locking final decisions in a vidja game.

Recall

Lets get this thread back on track
Naito vs Omega is 2nd best match of 2016
omega%20naito.gif

Top five puro matches of 2016, tell them to me. Tell me.

Thank you

An upcoming BOOM! WWE comic has the Shield BBQing on the roof of the Raw production bus.
Roman kicks the grill off the roof and Dean drives the bus into the Wyatts

Zach

OwensIsNow is not fat.

Or are you, OwensIsNow?! :O

I can just see the criticism directed at this thread right now

"Thread is in a dark place"
"Quality posting there"

*Checks Twitter*

Yep, I was right.
I take full responsibility for my actions. I want to apologize to NeoGAF Vince McMahon and co. v_v

Zach

I might start WCW Mayhem tonight, so we'll probably have a lengthy discussion about that, I Wanna Be The Guy. You can come over and watch if you want. Bring root beer.

I'm watching King of the Ring 2001 to prepare for the Lapsed Fan next week.

I forgot that Angle/Shane goes 20 minutes before Shane starts flying through panes of glass.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh crap. Now I'm on the spot. So...uh...Miz sure is underrated huh? He's consistently the most entertaining part of Smackdown. I would not be opposed to another Miz main event run. Discuss.

Zach

I still think The Miz is terrible when I occasionally see him wrestle.

Well, maybe not terrible. More boring and unconvincing.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I still think The Miz is terrible when I occasionally see him wrestle.

Well, maybe not terrible. More boring and unconvincing.
I will admit that it's his character and promo ability I love, not his in ring ability. Still, he's solid in the ring and has improved.

Let's end this silly feud.

71jLTI1.gif

haha damn, what did management say to them?

I think Jimmy was talking about it, they basically didn't tell anyone, then the venue got quite pissed about it but essentially said "so long as it doesn't happen again". When they moved to Manchester, that venue specifically checked that no-one would be jumping off their balcony

I think Jimmy was talking about it, they basically didn't tell anyone, then the venue got quite pissed about it but essentially said "so long as it doesn't happen again". When they moved to Manchester, that venue specifically checked that no-one would be jumping off their balcony
That spot was so worth it.
I will admit that it's his character and promo ability I love, not his in ring ability. Still, he's solid in the ring and has improved.
It just goes to show how much more that is important than in ring ability, considering people care about this feud so much.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That spot was so worth it.
It just goes to show how much more that is important than in ring ability, considering people care about this feud so much.
If I don't care about the character then I probably won't care about their match no matter how technically good they may be in the ring. At the end of the day wrestling is about characters and storytelling.

Zach

If I don't care about the character then I probably won't care about their match no matter how technically good they may be in the ring. At the end of the day wrestling is about characters and storytelling.
I guess it depends on who you talk to. I prefer wrasslin' (which should usually include in-ring storytellin') over forced characters.

You all have lost it

We're past that dark period, Bluekaveli!

Yep, I can't wait to hear Lapsed Vince talk about the Angle/Shane match.

Also, the main event of KOTR 2001 is so weird. Austin is the heel in the match, but he basically wrestles a handicap match and then gets beat up by Booker T.

Heroman

Banned
Top five puro matches of 2016, tell them to me. Tell me.

Thank you
1.Okada vs Tanahashi
2. Omega vs Natio
3.Go Shiozaki & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Yuji Hino & Daisuke look this match up it hype as shit
4 Okada vs Ishii
5. OMEGA VS ELGIN LADDER match
6. yamato vs shingo Dragon gate.

Of course a negative ninny like you wouldn't understand, Bayley is just so gleefully upbeat hugging her is like an explosion of goodwill going off in your body, the warm snug feeling that no matter how bad things may get their is still unconditional love in this world, based Bayley is a vessel of pure joy.

And I base this on absolutely nothing.

Pfft, nobody can rid me of my negativity.

Lothar

Banned
Yep, I can't wait to hear Lapsed Vince talk about the Angle/Shane match.

Also, the main event of KOTR 2001 is so weird. Austin is the heel in the match, but he basically wrestles a handicap match and then gets beat up by Booker T.

And he still won. Things like this is why his heel turn wasn't successful. People were willing to root for guys against Austin. Like Spike Dudley or Jericho/Benoit in the tag team match. But WWE kept telling us that no one was on his level.

Top Bottom