• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

The New Day are consistently some of the best parts of Raw honestly. Just a shame the rest of the division is so bad, not like the Old Day segment is their fault.

Enzo & Cass would be great too, if they actually had something to do.

Anth0ny

I think by November, if he keeps this up, everyone is going to want Jericho to win the title.

which is exactly why he won't. he'll put over owens instead and give him insane heat.

Barrage

Nee Day swings for the fences every segment..ill take the occasional bomb instead of playing it hyper-safe ala the Outlaws, or just being boring ala Cesaro.

Cagey

Banned
Nee Day swings for the fences every segment..ill take the occasional bomb instead of playing it hyper-safe ala the Outlaws, or just being boring ala Cesaro.
Swing for the fences? Nerd reference, pop culture reference, nerd reference, hip hop reference, three catchphrases. It's formulaic as fuck.

The Whodini reference was at least them digging deep.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why are they booking John Cena like he's old and sucks even though he's still in his prime

Swing for the fences? Nerd reference, pop culture reference, nerd reference, hip hop reference, three catchphrases. It's formulaic as fuck.

Even if that's formulaic, that's more formulas for one set of performers than most in wrestling. The delivery is the most important part, if not you can cut down a lot of performers to their core like that.

Barrage

...have you SEEN a wrestling promo? 4 seperate components (as cynical as it is to break to break a promo down that way) is miles ahead of what 90% of Faces do or have done.

Like..was there 3 Babyfaces better 10 years ago? 20 years ago?

Cagey

Banned
Even if that's formulaic, that's more formulas for one set of performers than most in wrestling. The delivery is the most important part, if not you can cut down a lot of performers to their core like that.
Formulaic isn't a bad thing necessarily if it's good.

GAF come to life as three wrestlers making lame references isn't my cup of tea. They're too talented to reduce themselves to this.

Fox318

Cesaro constantly puts on great matches and interesting programs.

Even now his feud with Sheamus and the tag dynamic is more interesting than any feud the New day have been in since they beat the prime time players.

They are the usos of a few years ago coasting along and maintaining their push with brightly colored merch.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Best Gimmick 2016 :
Naito as the New Japan Jobber
Sad-Big-Show-WWE.gif

Kevin Owens: Sarcastic asshole, breaks the fourth wall during matches, openly mocks opponents.

Jericho: Masterfully kills momentum of upcoming stars with horrible matches, makes fun of alzheimer's patients by pretending to forget names, a list.

Cena: THIS BUSINESS!, Constantly makes marks afraid he'll bury their favorites, panders to small children.

ReiGun

The New Day just doesn't have anyone to play off. This Monday when they had to go on with Jeri-KO, two guys that can actually keep up with them on the mic, they had one of the best segments they've had in months.

But sadly, the tag team division on either show isn't filled with Jeri-KO level teams. And with New Day going for that Demolition record (and likely, the combined record as well), they're probably gonna have more misses than hits in the coming months.

Why are they booking John Cena like he's old and sucks even though he's still in his prime
Because they know they're about to lose him to Hollywood and B Tier E reality shows and need others to look credible before that happens.

Because he's old

This too.

MG310

Hmmm. I'm not in the know for this reference.

Also why did Edwards win the belt? I've heard Bobby Lashley is doing pretty solid work and I tune in to Edwards beating him?

No idea...hard to believe it is because of Bellator because they were already taping through the end of the year this week.

Just came back from the Chile WWE Live Event. Pretty fun show. Shoot: best performer of the night was Roman Reigns. Was also the most fun match (vs Rusev) with the best crowd reactions. Rollins vs Owens was the Main Event, the crowd pop was amazing, but the match itself was just fun. Owens won with a low blow and got the most boos from the crowd.

It really convinced me that the Roman problem is the writers. Dude works really well (specially if he doesn't talk at all)

Mahonay

Banned
My favorite 10 wrassle people of this generation. In no particular order.

Daniel Bryan
AJ Styles
Nakamura
Naito
Okada
Seth Rollins
Kevin Owens
Pentagon Jr.
Sami Zayn
Omega

UberTag

Glorious list
I'd be hard-pressed to think of a name I'd want to leave out and replace someone with. It's hard to improve on perfection. Can those 10 guys be a faction and have a rotating crew of managers between Xavier Woods, The Miz and Chris Jericho?

And can they all put over Roman Reigns and make him look strong?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm so disappointed in what Gringo Underground has become.

'Should we bring in more luchadores for our luchadore promotion to showcase their skill to people who haven't seen it before? To give light to people like Drago or Aerostar to a new audience since they were underappreciated in Mexico?'
'We could... But it's cheaper to bring in Sami Callihan instead!'

Top Bottom