• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Triple H will be shaking Okada's hand by the end of next year and it'll be the start of a new boom period for NJPW

HotchieMotchie

Neo Member
The year is 2019

At Wrestmania 35, Kazuchika Okada loses to Jinder Mahal, continuing his 3 year streak as WWE champion

Shinsuke Nakamura has a year-long feud with Golddust, who is somehow still wrestling

Zach

Triple H will be shaking Okada's hand by the end of next year and it'll be the start of a new boom period for NJPW
Exclusive footage of Okada/H's meeting:

Zach

ddt.gif

Morris/Kanyon was great and cool and awesome. Always making dudes look like a million bucks.

I'm not fixing that autocorrect. >_>

Even though I did fix the "Kenyan" one. <_<

Recall

Paging our DDT Universe masters...there was a DDT show where they all played Fire Pro R in the ring and it was over in seconds. What show was it on?

Hahhaa you can hear Voodoo Child for a 30 seconds during Hogans intro on Nitro 173. Someone did an awful job trying to edit it out as the nwo music is playing over it then Voodoo Child cuts out all of a sudden.

Zach

What if they had Refer-eye now?! And it was VR-capable?!

It'd probably be less nausea-inducing than WWE's camerawork. Zing!

Zach

Hahhaa you can hear Voodoo Child for a 30 seconds during Hogans intro on Nitro 173. Someone did an awful job trying to edit it out as the nwo music is playing over it then Voodoo Child cuts out all of a sudden.
Have you heard the fake Voodoo Child? It's hilarious. And only used a few times. Usually they just dub over the original with the nWo theme.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Have you heard the fake Voodoo Child? It's hilarious. And only used a few times. Usually they just dub over the original with the nWo theme.
I think fake Voodoo child is WWF exclusive. I've seen just about everything on the Network involving Hollywood Hulk Hogan and it's never come up.

Zach

Nah I don't think I have but I must have heard it and just forgot. I'll be on the listen out for it.

I think fake Voodoo child is WWF exclusive. I've seen just about everything on the Network involving Hollywood Hulk Hogan and it's never come up.

Hmmm... maybe. I thought I remembered hearing it on Nitro or something, but you could definitely be right since I watched all of the PPVs. Could've seen it on WWE stuff post-WCW.

Timestamp 1:32:45 Nitro 173, Tony Schiavone did the "That'll put a lot of butts in seats" comment.

The dream is over. This is it.

D:

(Still can't wait for you to get to the shows that add sound effects. >_>)

Hasney

Just been reading about some of this Rick and Morty McDonalds sauce bullshit and seeing videos of people who seemingly have never interacted with people before freak out means we finally did it for this century, wrestling shirts are safer to wear than some other merch!

Least safe t-shirt rankings

1. Rick and Morty
2. Wrestling Shirts
3. Video Games

Recall

Just watched the 2009 G1 Climax Final.

Makabe vs Nakamura

It was bloody and Makabe got fucking bodied but they played up the never give up attitude and while it wasn't the most technical match you could have, the very slow build paid off for a very dramatic final few minutes. Like jump out of your chair and cheer for the failing hero type of moment.

I remember this being the rise of Makabe leading to an eventual IWGP Heavyweight title win and token reign, all off the back off, can he do it, can this brawler overcome the odds and be the king. The answer was yes he can.

Just been reading about some of this Rick and Morty McDonalds sauce bullshit and seeing videos of people who seemingly have never interacted with people before freak out means we finally did it for this century, wrestling shirts are safer to wear than some other merch!

Least safe t-shirt rankings

1. Rick and Morty
2. Wrestling Shirts
3. Video Games

Finally,

I'M DOUBLE POST RICK!

Recall

Watching now the 2010 G1 Climax final day and the opening match (a G1 block B match) of Yujiro vs Nagata lasted just 5 minutes with Yujiro getting the surprising win off a moonsault. It was pretty fun!

Go Shiosaki vs Shinsuke Nakamura now...

PWInsider Raw spoiler

Nia/Emma/Alicia for the right to face Asuka at TLC

#Pray4Batsie
emma winning and then having a match with asuka could be great since the two had a very good takeover match together but then i remember it's just going to be a five second squash because they need to establish asuka

tenor.gif

Egg0

Banned
PWInsider Raw spoiler

Nia/Emma/Alicia for the right to face Asuka at TLC

#Pray4Batsie

I'd be pretty good if they didn't reveal it was for the right to face Asuka until after the match. And you get a pretty good reaction face from Emma. Because noway they burn Nia/Asuka without a build.

Top Bottom