• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just been reading about some of this Rick and Morty McDonalds sauce bullshit and seeing videos of people who seemingly have never interacted with people before freak out means we finally did it for this century, wrestling shirts are safer to wear than some other merch!

Least safe t-shirt rankings

1. Rick and Morty
2. Wrestling Shirts
3. Video Games
Anime shirts are above vidja game shirts in the shame ranking.

Kensation

https://youtu.be/-FC9fFhVUq4
tenor.gif

Recall

So Shiosaki vs Nakamura went to a draw and it was an outstanding hard hitting match until 25 minutes in where it became very clear what the finish was going to be, as it just killed the finishing stretch that felt like it was padding rather than someone trying to win. To their credit they went full out for those 25 minutes and made a genuine effort to make you either could win until then...

Shiosaki knife edge chopping Nakamura's legs was a crazy thing to see, never thought of someone doing it but it made crazy sense giving the power of his chops.

yesss the finger poke of doom match is the intro where Nash has pyro for years

giphy.gif

WCW...wow. Looking back all the signs were pointing to this disaster.

Lucha Underground card this week, Ultima Lucha Tres dash Tres

Taya vs Sexy Star
in a last luchadora standing match (LMAO)
The Mack, Killshot, and Dante Fox vs Snake Tribe (Drago, Pindar, and Vibora) for the Trios belts
Son of Havoc vs Pentagon Dark for the Gift of the Gods in a LADDER MATCH

Pentagon's message for Son of Havoc

Taya vs Sexy Star is going to be a joke no matter how it ends up because of Sexy Star being a garbage person.

Considering Killshot and Fox almost murdered each other a couple of weeks ago, they'll probably win the trios belts, because that's how those matches usually go on LU. I want to say it should be a good match, but goddamn Fox and Killshot deserve to get paid after their LU contract expires.

Son of Havoc and Pentagon Dark are easily the two most over people in the company, and those two have a chance of topping HELL OF WAR. Really excited to see that one.

In Marty we trust.

Recall

Poor Tenryu, steps in the ring at the start does one punch, then attempts a chop and blows his knee out within seconds. His knees must be insanely fucked up.

A match I thought could have been a neat novelty legends match in Tenryu, Kawada and Tiger Mask v Choshu, Super Strong Machine and Akira, turned out to be a sad pathetic thing. The introductions were the best part.

Satoshi Kojima vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - 2010 G1 Climax Final time! Made even more cool as Masahiro Chono is out to introduce them both...

LOL Evolve and all, but Evolve 93 from Chicago wa very good with standout matches in Darby Allin vs. DJZ, ZSJ vs. Keith Lee, and Riddle vs. Williams. I’m now ready for this Saturday’s Evolve show.

LOL Evolve and all, but Evolve 93 from Chicago wa very good with standout matches in Darby Allin vs. DJZ, ZSJ vs. Keith Lee, and Riddle vs. Williams. I’m now ready for this Saturday’s Evolve show.
This post made me go check if evolve was still free on Flo slam and it still is

Do the writers/bookers on the main roster consider NXT to be a "rival" company? Meaning that they don't want to use the stuff that got them over on NXT because they didn't think of it?

Trying to figure out how the hell any of this works in 2017.

Recall

Holy mother of Christ!

Kojima fucking won! He won! In 2010!!! What the hell.

I love pro wrestling. I was convinced this was a Tanahashi year but nope, I was wrong, that was insanely dramatic and one shocking win. Wow!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do the writers/bookers on the main roster consider NXT to be a "rival" company? Meaning that they don't want to use the stuff that got them over on NXT because they didn't think of it?

Trying to figure out how the hell any of this works in 2017.

Sometimes the fans do, which is fuckin' stupid because it's all the same machine

You can have friendly competition, and want to upstage each other, for sure.

Colonel Sanders is in fact in 2K18 though sounds like it’s one of those you got to make him things at least according to IGN who says he’s accessible vis CAW mode.

OK so outside of the seating issues from.the NJPW show let night, the event was a tonne of fun. Loved both the Jnr Championship matches, crowd popped hard when Roppongi 3k was revealed and were super behind them (I had no idea who they were XD). Really enjoyed the Suzuki/Saber Jnr vs Yano/Goto, I can't help but like Yano alot, dude is super funny.
The Tag Triple threat match was a nice brawl of just guys beating the piss out of each other. The Osprey vs Kushida match was amazing, soo glad I got to see Osprey live, dude is from another planet. The post match angle was super good and I can't help but love Takahash, guy had everyone in stitches. Naito vs Ishii was a tonne of fun too, ending was never in doubt but they worked an awesome match.

All the other matches were great with no real duds, the main event could have been 10 mins shorter as it dragged, some guys behind me were super into EVIL, kept saying Everything is Evil, loved EVILs entrance btw. I will say I was in a tonne of pain by the main event so that may have hurt my enjoyment of it.

All up fun show, I feel if I had a better seat (something on the second floor) I would have been better and enjoyed it alot more, but the in ring action delivered.

Here are some pics, not gonna post all but they are in my photo bucket if anyone wants to see.

OK so outside of the seating issues from.the NJPW show let night, the event was a tonne of fun. Loved both the Jnr Championship matches, crowd popped hard when Roppongi 3k was revealed and were super behind them (I had no idea who they were XD). Really enjoyed the Suzuki/Saber Jnr vs Yano/Goto, I can't help but like Yano alot, dude is super funny.
The Tag Triple threat match was a nice brawl of just guys beating the piss out of each other. The Osprey vs Kushida match was amazing, soo glad I got to see Osprey live, dude is from another planet. The post match angle was super good and I can't help but love Takahash, guy had everyone in stitches. Naito vs Ishii was a tonne of fun too, ending was never in doubt but they worked an awesome match.

All the other matches were great with no real duds, the main event could have been 10 mins shorter as it dragged, some guys behind me were super into EVIL, kept saying Everything is Evil, loved EVILs entrance btw. I will say I was in a tonne of pain by the main event so that may have hurt my enjoyment of it.

All up fun show, I feel if I had a better seat (something on the second floor) I would have been better and enjoyed it alot more, but the in ring action delivered.

Here are some pics, not gonna post all but they are in my photo bucket if anyone wants to see.

Looks dope, a real New Japan show is on my bucket list, glad you enjoyed it. What was up with the seating?

Top Bottom