• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

shaowebb

Just read the results from wwe (worlds worst everytime) and yeah fuck that company. AJ loses to Corbin? Nakamura used as enhancement talent for Jinder Mahal? Main event is a McMahon just so we can all see Shane fall off a cell again? Rusev still losing? Usos in the same match they've had at every ppv for 2 years and running?

Fuck is the point?

Its like Vince said bring in popular folks and use how over they are to give the push to the guys he likes as enhancement talent. Fuck that company.

NJPW needs to call up their boys and ask them when they'd like to have real matches again. I say keep encouraging Bullet Club to yell outside arenas how "they're here to save you guys!" until the old crew breaks and eventually leaves or something. Vince pays fuck all anyhow.

Looks dope, a real New Japan show is on my bucket list, glad you enjoyed it. What was up with the seating?
So they were these things
ryogoku-kokugikan.jpg

Now one on my own, no issue, but had to share with 2 Japanese guys.
I'm 6 foot 4 guy, crossing my legs is not something I can do easily or with no pain. Had to sit the back, leaning on the rail with all my weight on it, my lower back is super bruised from it all. Just couldn't get comfortable for the whole 4 hours :(

So they were these things
ryogoku-kokugikan.jpg

Now one on my own, no issue, but had to share with 2 Japanese guys.
I'm 6 foot 4 guy, crossing my legs is not something I can do easily or with no pain. Had to sit the back, leaning on the rail with all my weight on it, my lower back is super bruised from it all. Just couldn't get comfortable for the whole 4 hours :(

ohhh yeah, i forgot about those seats, yeah, i'd be the same

Barrage

Just read the results from wwe (worlds worst everytime) and yeah fuck that company. AJ loses to Corbin? Nakamura used as enhancement talent for Jinder Mahal? Main event is a McMahon just so we can all see Shane fall off a cell again? Rusev still losing? Usos in the same match they've had at every ppv for 2 years and running?

Fuck is the point?

Its like Vince said bring in popular folks and use how over they are to give the push to the guys he likes as enhancement talent. Fuck that company.

NJPW needs to call up their boys and ask them when they'd like to have real matches again. I say keep encouraging Bullet Club to yell outside arenas how "they're here to save you guys!" until the old crew breaks and eventually leaves or something. Vince pays fuck all anyhow.

This is why you don't pop off after reading recaps. Usos just had a classic last night that i'd watch over anything anybody in the Bullet Club minus Kenny's done in the last year.

Fuck is the point?

The Usos prolly just had the WWE MOTY.

shaowebb

Its gonna take a lot to convince me that the Usos of all folk had a match I'd ever call a MOTY. Maybe by WWE match standards but compared to other folks? Especially after the year I've seen in NJPW. If I can find it I'll try to sit through it again. Question is, even if its a good match is it even noteworthy given its the hundredth time they've used it on the card which had been my point with them for awhile? You wrestle the same guys that often it'd better be polished by now.

I dunno. I'm just fed up with McWrestling's booking and finishes. I see talent that should be starting a new coming of wrestling as the center of a generation's pop culture being buried behind 50/50 booking and Vince's fetish for tall guys, bodybuilders, and football players.

Every PPV goes in favor of heels or weak performers or part timers.

Foggy

OK so outside of the seating issues from.the NJPW show let night, the event was a tonne of fun. Loved both the Jnr Championship matches, crowd popped hard when Roppongi 3k was revealed and were super behind them (I had no idea who they were XD). Really enjoyed the Suzuki/Saber Jnr vs Yano/Goto, I can't help but like Yano alot, dude is super funny.
The Tag Triple threat match was a nice brawl of just guys beating the piss out of each other. The Osprey vs Kushida match was amazing, soo glad I got to see Osprey live, dude is from another planet. The post match angle was super good and I can't help but love Takahash, guy had everyone in stitches. Naito vs Ishii was a tonne of fun too, ending was never in doubt but they worked an awesome match.

All the other matches were great with no real duds, the main event could have been 10 mins shorter as it dragged, some guys behind me were super into EVIL, kept saying Everything is Evil, loved EVILs entrance btw. I will say I was in a tonne of pain by the main event so that may have hurt my enjoyment of it.

All up fun show, I feel if I had a better seat (something on the second floor) I would have been better and enjoyed it alot more, but the in ring action delivered.

Here are some pics, not gonna post all but they are in my photo bucket if anyone wants to see.

That's a tremendous view. Seating sounded like a nightmare but at least you had a great view. People always say to get those seats at Sumo Hall for the experience, but no way I could hang.

Fuck is the point?

Main event was great, the show was solid, AJ isn't going to win every time and it was a pretty fun match and AJ is beneath the US title anyway, Usos vs New Day were yet another great match qu'elle horreur. No excuses for Jinder mind you but that is what it is.

And I bet you none of the guys you want back in New Japan, want to go back (except maybe Gallows and Anderson but I'm skeptical that even they want to)

Fuck is the point?

AJ didnt lose. Tye did.

And my hope is Sami is getting that Jinder win

Its gonna take a lot to convince me that the Usos of all folk had a match I'd ever call a MOTY. Maybe by WWE match standards but compared to other folks? Especially after the year I've seen in NJPW. If I can find it I'll try to sit through it again. Question is, even if its a good match is it even noteworthy given its the hundredth time they've used it on the card which had been my point with them for awhile? You wrestle the same guys that often it'd better be polished by now.

I dunno. I'm just fed up with McWrestling's booking and finishes. I see talent that should be starting a new coming of wrestling as the center of a generation's pop culture being buried behind 50/50 booking and Vince's fetish for tall guys, bodybuilders, and football players.

Oh god then don't want, watch you like, talk about what you like and leave it at that. Instead of whatever this is.

The feud EVERY year for them *eyeroll*.

Every year? They weren't even on the same show last year. Get a grip dude.

Foggy

Time is a flat circle. It is what it is.

That said, the first HiaC match was a really good match. And a really good match is a really good match.

Top Bottom