• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Tom Nook

Rocky > Creed > Rocky 2 > Rocky 3 > Rocky 6 > Rocky 4 > Rocky 5

tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, go ahead, now's a great time to share unpopular wrassle opinions. Let's roll.

Dallas, Texas!

Any restaurant suggestions/must-see sights? It's not for me actually. It's for my ladyfriend who is doing a little mom-and-sisters getaway there soon.

Thanks for any suggestions.

When I was in Dallas for biggest WrestleMania of all time, my lady and I went to eat at this place.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pecan-lodge-dallas-3

We also went to check out where JFK got worked into a shoot at Dealey Plaza. We couldn't get in since tons of people were waiting but we were able to check out the outside of it.

Sephzilla

I'm not saying that shenanigans might happen in the GWF Championship Match on Thursday, I'm just saying that unfortunate things can happen

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of gifs I am still kind of surprised that WWE hasn't taken down TDE yet

It was a pretty big deal when they got Lariato suspended

Wrasslegaffer CureVylash, who has a tweet at 42k RTs. I wonder if they'll get Vy...

Zach

Imagine thinking Rocky IV is better than Rocky.

Imagine living that hollow existence.

Wrestling should probably just die for 15-20 years

This unknown renegade gets it.

When I was in Dallas for biggest WrestleMania of all time, my lady and I went to eat at this place.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pecan-lodge-dallas-3

We also went to check out where JFK got worked into a shoot at Dealey Plaza. We couldn't get in since tons of people were waiting but we were able to check out the outside of it.

Both of those things are on my quick-and-dirty list! They are now set in stone.

Thanks, Dental Plan, you saint!

I'm not saying that shenanigans might happen in the GWF Championship Match on Thursday, I'm just saying that unfortunate things can happen

:O

Hex

Banned
The CM Punk/Samoa Joe trilogy wasn't that great and is highly overrated.

I think the trilogy is a bit dated.
There was this whole vibe around it, a build up and I think it was the whole package that makes them great not just the matches themselves

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NVM dissed that month/thread/us so that's totally different because ?

What kind of person names it "shootmember"

bad optics tbh, considering all the gun violence. and all the gifs :/ Not a fan

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rocky is better when it's dumb fun. Dumb fun with cool montages. That's all I need from my Rocky movies. That's why 3 and 4 are the best.

First Rocky is a master class in love storytelling. I won't deny Rocky is at one of my favorite points when it's all about chest-thumping determination, but the entire franchise was built on feelings, and heart. It's almost a perfect movie.

Anth0ny

Why does RAW keep ending with shit main events

Nobody cares about 205 live

they literally stop trying from 10-11

they've accepted that the ratings drop in that hour and have decided it's best to just pack as much as possible into the first two hours

Ithil

Why does RAW keep ending with shit main events

Nobody cares about 205 live

Get this.

WWE have noticed that the third hour of RAW always drops. The end of the show is normally the main event with the biggest stars, but because the show is too long it always drops as people get tired of watching.

So WWE's takeaway from this, is that they have to put all their most important angles and stars on before the third hour so that the larger audience will see them. So now the third hour that drops because of audience fatigue will now also have absolutely nothing important happen in it, meaning those who aren't fatigued will also stop watching, tanking the third hour even more, and dragging down their own overall TV ratings.

What genius businessmen they are in WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's the best way for them to promote 205 Live. You think any of those 205 Live folks hate it? Helllll no.

Sephzilla

It's the best way for them to promote 205 Live. You think any of those 205 Live folks hate it? Helllll no.

I think this is a case where both opinions are right. WWE has effectively given up on the third hour because even their biggest superstars cant save the 3rd hour ratings drop, but the shitty 3rd hour ratings are still the highest ratings most people in the 205 world will ever see

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
205 live gets the 'main event' spot because nobody cares about the 3rd hour of raw

they literally stop trying from 10-11

they've accepted that the ratings drop in that hour and have decided it's best to just pack as much as possible into the first two hours

Get this.

WWE have noticed that the third hour of RAW always drops. The end of the show is normally the main event with the biggest stars, but because the show is too long it always drops as people get tired of watching.

So WWE's takeaway from this, is that they have to put all their most important angles and stars on before the third hour so that the larger audience will see them. So now the third hour that drops because of audience fatigue will now also have absolutely nothing important happen in it, meaning those who aren't fatigued will also stop watching, tanking the third hour even more, and dragging down their own overall TV ratings.

What genius businessmen they are in WWE.

Wish RAW was back to two hours

(It actually is without ads lol)

Yet it still has more point then once again trying to debut someone they want to introduce as a big exciting talent in a meaningless squash match against a low card talent they've made look weak as fuck over the last few months.

If you don't want to take the title of your belt holder in their first match, but you know are still make a jobber the champ of your B show for months, then at least give Asuka somebody who's been booked strong like Nia or kinda strong like Sasha.

I didn't like Asuka's NXT title run, but they need to stop trying to build hot talents by putting them in programs with people they've conditioned the audience to not give a shit about.

Asuka is not having a "program" with Emma. This not anything like Dolph's programs with Roode and Nakamura. Emma's in that match to get squashed so Asuka can move on. And she's enough of a name for it to kind of matter when Asuka runs through her.

Putting her with Sasha or Nia would be dumb because you don't want either of them being squashed right now. You want Asuka to look as dominant as possible right away to justify the hype. Then you build to either of those matches against the top stars. You don't give them away immediately upfront. It would be idiotic.

So he can make less money then he making right now?

No, so he can be portrayed as a star for a sustained period of time that way Vince has no choice but to give him an initial push on the call-up. Plenty of guys have followed to same path and parlayed it into more success than they would have probably had otherwise.

We know how Balor vs Brock will go and what it is in service to. And this program with Wyatt may actually damage him in some fanbases.

Hopefully he ends up making bank, but I cant think of why anyone should be excited to see him there.

Well yeah he's gonna lose to Brock, but the fact that he's getting a match with him at all says a lot about how they see him. That's not a match many people get.

Recall

So the final day of the 2009 G1 was decent (Nakamura vs Makabe final), 2010 final day was excellent (Tanahashi vs Kojima final) and it seems I have the 2011 G1 final match on this Shinsuke Nakamura New Years Eve special. Quite looking forward to it, Nakamura vs Naito - super babyface Naito though isn't the same as modern day demi-god.

Top Bottom