• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Zach

Get this.

WWE have noticed that the third hour of RAW always drops. The end of the show is normally the main event with the biggest stars, but because the show is too long it always drops as people get tired of watching.

So WWE's takeaway from this, is that they have to put all their most important angles and stars on before the third hour so that the larger audience will see them. So now the third hour that drops because of audience fatigue will now also have absolutely nothing important happen in it, meaning those who aren't fatigued will also stop watching, tanking the third hour even more, and dragging down their own overall TV ratings.

What genius businessmen they are in WWE.

I mean, that is kind of smart. Even when they were putting up better stars in the main event people were still dropping off.

Recall

Spring Stampede 99 is my favourite WCW PPV mostly due it being my first, Zach can you explain the finish of the 4 Way match main event. Why did Savage do what he did? He was the referee but took it upon himself to Elbow flair allowing his enemy DDP to win.

It made no sense.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Spring Stampede 99 is my favourite WCW PPV mostly due it being my first, Zach can you explain the finish of the 4 Way match main event. Why did Savage do what he did? He was the referee but took it upon himself to Elbow flair allowing his enemy DDP to win.

It made no sense.
DDP promised him a title shot.

I was/am in a bad mood, British Monsoon was kind enough to point me towards some Big Japan highlight DVD's, currently enjoying wallowing in 100's of lightubes matches, cheers <3

Only two episodes into Nitro 99 and WCW needs to have all the nwo as a team yet we still have a white/black and red/black. Konnan got kicked out of the wolf pac. Now all nwo are heels?

Also what happened to Sting?

My goodness I have a long road ahead.

Edit: Damn now the Giant got kicked out of the nwo on Thunder??? This is why I need Thunder on the Award Winning WWE Network.

Ithil

I mean, that is kind of smart. Even when they were putting up better stars in the main event people were still dropping off.

Is it? All they're going to do is ensure they have a completely dead hour of their show that drags down the overall rating much worse than it did before.
The real solution is to have a two hour show, of course.

Pikma

Banned
Wait, Kalisto is the cruiserweight champion? Lmfao

After not being on tv for months? After getting thrown into the dumpster by Braun?

&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;

Now that I think about it both the Luchathing and Enzo were buried by Braun so I guess that makes them equal&#129315;

Is it? All they're going to do is ensure they have a completely dead hour of their show that drags down the overall rating much worse than it did before.
The real solution is to have a two hour show, of course.

Well consider this:

WWF knows they can do more with 2 hours than 3, but as long as hour 3 ratings are ok enough there is no bargaining power there. If creative front loads the show and hour 3 continues to weaken, but hours 1 & 2 pick up that lets them go back to USA with more to use.

This is purely hypothetical and in no way indicative of the longer term goal

Top Bottom