• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

1ASwIy0.gif

I never tried Coke Zero. I don't drink a ton of sodie.

I usually have a small bottle of Coke Zero when I'm watching late night Japanese pro graps live on the weekend and need the little bit of caffeine to try to stay up.

I will try to find some Coke Zero for tonight's RIZIN show at 1 am Eastern, for example.

Zach

Like, I'm surprised that Coke Zero Sugar tastes so much like regular ol' Coke, which I'm totally familiar with because it's delicious. Did Coke Zero taste less like regular Coke? Like, did it have a more unique taste? I'm surprised how little I tasted the aspartame or whatevz in Zero Sugar.

Like, I'm surprised that Coke Zero Sugar tastes so much like regular ol' Coke, which I'm totally familiar with because it's delicious. Did Coke Zero taste less like regular Coke? Like, did it have a more unique taste? I'm surprised how little I tasted the aspartame or whatevz in Zero Sugar.

I preferred Coke Zero because it didn't leave me with the corn syrup aftertaste.

Here, have another Rena Kubota gif:
tumblr_oj26ijdbZG1u2ragso1_500.gif

My bro just reminded me of this one Simpson's bit which I feel we can apply to the 'E

7VnlUGE.gif

08BCGtR.gif

And also a gif that reminds us that he brought us all together...to watch TNA

guardbird-15.gif
Waking up to the fallout of disappointment was classic.

AJ Lee always reminds of the dark days of WrassleGAF where that guy said only pedophiles liked her. Think he got banned a couple of hours after LMAO
Ah yes, must be working off the same logic as the WWE brass mentioned in her book, she was unfuckable.
Which is un-fucking-believable.

She was too damn good.
She got over in one of WWE women's wrestling's darkest eras.
She did good, very good.
#AJAll was a top story line, Kanetober material!

Menome

Wait, wait...Big Dave gave the Usos/New Day match 5 stars?

A WWE match finally hit 5 stars again?

If true, those two teams deserve it.

Menome

I now see the problem. It seems that searching "Dave Meltzer Hell In a Cell 2017 star ratings" results in a top-result that's not Dave Meltzer's ratings.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So my WCW 1999 Nitro is continuing along on its death march. It makes sense that brother Strobogo watched this and then became a cranky jaded old man. This is the worst year of WCW. 3 hours until Russo shows up (Thunder is beyond unwatchable at this point) and everything they try blows up in their face. Bring in expensive rappers? The redneck faction you make to feud with them is probably the biggest face group to 90% of the live crowds. Live bands? A great reprieve for me because that shit is cut out of the network versions. Commentary booth shake ups? Oh look we get Eric Bischoff back as a face commentator in June apologizing for how bad WCW is. Now the lead team on Nitro is Scott Hudson and the Brain. Just terrible. Oh hey, the Franchise is here and the Revolution is formed, I'm sure these faces won't immediately turn heel. Stang is president. Bet he won't turn heel. Vampiro and the DANK CARNIVAL have arrived. HOLLYWOOD Hulk Hogan is a face. David Flair...wait David Flair is actually kinda entertaining as the US Champion who can only win by massive referee interference. No one cares about the Luchadores anymore. Almost everyone not mentioned has had a character reset to 1994-1996 levels. Harlem Heat is back together, The Steiners are back together (but as heels, Rick is actually pretty good whenever he shows up) The first family is back as a stable. I guess Raven is too busy so there's no Flock. Owen Hart is dead so Bret is super MIA. Macho Man is feuding with Rodzilla, who is a face again.

Russo is an awful booker but his shit is ten times better than this. Everyone is at least doing something somewhat entertaining when he's around, and he books Thunder like he does Nitro, poorly but still the best run Thunder ever has.

Anth0ny

big dave is going to give one of these roman reigns matches 5 stars one of these days

that 4 way clusterfuck from summerslam got a 4.75.

taker/shawn from mania 25 got a 4.75!

Zach

So my WCW 1999 Nitro is continuing along on its death march. It makes sense that brother Strobogo watched this and then became a cranky jaded old man. This is the worst year of WCW. 3 hours until Russo shows up (Thunder is beyond unwatchable at this point) and everything they try blows up in their face. Bring in expensive rappers? The redneck faction you make to feud with them is probably the biggest face group to 90% of the live crowds. Live bands? A great reprieve for me because that shit is cut out of the network versions. Commentary booth shake ups? Oh look we get Eric Bischoff back as a face commentator in June apologizing for how bad WCW is. Now the lead team on Nitro is Scott Hudson and the Brain. Just terrible. Oh hey, the Franchise is here and the Revolution is formed, I'm sure these faces won't immediately turn heel. Stang is president. Bet he won't turn heel. Vampiro and the DANK CARNIVAL have arrived. HOLLYWOOD Hulk Hogan is a face. David Flair...wait David Flair is actually kinda entertaining as the US Champion who can only win by massive referee interference. No one cares about the Luchadores anymore. Almost everyone not mentioned has had a character reset to 1994-1996 levels. Harlem Heat is back together, The Steiners are back together (but as heels, Rick is actually pretty good whenever he shows up) The first family is back as a stable. I guess Raven is too busy so there's no Flock. Owen Hart is dead so Bret is super MIA. Macho Man is feuding with Rodzilla, who is a face again.

Russo is an awful booker but his shit is ten times better than this. Everyone is at least doing something somewhat entertaining when he's around, and he books Thunder like he does Nitro, poorly but still the best run Thunder ever has.
['nam flashbacks]

Man God

Non-Canon Member
['nam flashbacks]

Sid Vicious is back as Kevin Nash's tag team partner. They've word that he's been mumbling about streaks and maybe being the man of the millennium. I don't know if his failing company superpowers will work this time, but it's better than 99% of what else is on the show.

Even Disco Inferno has become boring. The hero of bad Nitro is barely on right now.

Heroman

Banned
big dave is going to give one of these roman reigns matches 5 stars one of these days

that 4 way clusterfuck from summerslam got a 4.75.

taker/shawn from mania 25 got a 4.75!
I doubt it, the match need to be a another level for Dave to give a 5 star.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Big dave puts an automatic -.5 to -1 star for all WWF/WWE events. It's pretty clear when you start watching a playlist of 5+ star matches.

Anth0ny

I doubt it, the match need to be a another level for Dave to give a 5 star.

i guess, but he gave a crappy 4 way match that no one remembers a month later a 4.75

look at some of the other matches that got 4.75 over the last 20 years at wwe:

angle/benoit rumble 2003

benoit/hhh/michaels mania 20

angle/michaels mania 21

taker/shawn mania 25

taker/shawn mania 26

taker/hhh mania 28

lesnar/rollins/cena rumble 2015

cena/aj rumble 2017

fuckboy 4 way slams 2017

even 4.75 star matches are extremely rare for wwe

like fucking hell does that 4 way stand out like a sore thumb or what

i wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if roman did some ok singles match that dave gave a 5 because reasons

Heroman

Banned
i guess, but he gave a crappy 4 way match that no one remembers a month later a 4.75

look at some of the other matches that got 4.75 over the last 20 years at wwe:

angle/benoit rumble 2003

benoit/hhh/michaels mania 20

angle/michaels mania 21

taker/shawn mania 25

taker/shawn mania 26

taker/hhh mania 28

lesnar/rollins/cena rumble 2015

cena/aj rumble 2017

fuckboy 4 way slams 2017

even 4.75 star matches are extremely rare for wwe

like fucking hell does that 4 way stand out like a sore thumb or what

i wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if roman did some ok singles match that dave gave a 5 because reasons
I barely remember any of these matches, the summer slam main event was a fantastic spot fest but doesn't mean Roman is going to be in a 5 star match.

Top Bottom