• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah.

Hogan and Nash have been having dinner with two women talking about nonsense.

I know I shouldn't be as shocked as I am but wow. I can't believe it.

There's about a month of this and it's awful. The stuff that comes after isn't much better.

I just got past the final Road Wild myself. Only another two months until Russo shows up.

Foggy

Oh God, it’s at Glory Pro’s February show, which means it’s possibly IWGP Heavyweight Champion Tetsuya Naito vs. AR Fox: http://twitter.com/TheTylerVolz/status/919668595000569856

Will Data West be there to see his boy Naito and the belt?

Damn, I'll be in Dallas by then and I can't stomach a 10 hour drive for that. I'll save my piggy bank for the next US NJPW show.

Kudos to Big Mike though. He's definitely realizing some of his ambitions for the promotion.

NJPW has all of the leverage, and Trumpist media organ Sinclair Broadcasting doesn’t care enough to pay NJPW to make their A-tier talent available for the ROH shows.

Johnny Mundo should've gotten the opportunities that Ziggler has had over the years. He should've been the MitB holder, he should've beaten Del Rio, he should've been the one that the internet rallied behind, and he should've been the one that Rusev pulled the gun on in hit WWE Studios film, 'Countdown' which also stars Glenn 'The Big Red Machine Kane' Jacobs. Much better wrestler than Ziggler and they're both on the same level promo-wise. Hell, I think Mundo would actually sell the try hard glam rock idiot thing better than Ziggler ever could. Might actually even be over.

He also had the better theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQEdGTzfRok

Lastly, he isn't a complete fucking asshole in real life.

giphy.gif

Johnny Mundo should've gotten the opportunities that Ziggler has had over the years. He should've been the MitB holder, he should've beaten Del Rio, he should've been the one that the internet rallied behind, and he should've been the one that Rusev pulled the gun on in hit WWE Studios film, 'Countdown' which also stars Glenn 'The Big Red Machine Kane' Jacobs. Much better wrestler than Ziggler and they're both on the same level promo-wise. Hell, I think Mundo would actually sell the try hard glam rock idiot thing better than Ziggler ever could. Might actually even be over.

I love you

Recall

I'm watching a balloon deathmatch (1996) I don't know what to expect but there are giant black balloons of death above the ring.

This ain't no make believe.

Zach

I wanted to get behind John Morrison. He's handsome, athletic, and had a good enough theme. But maaannn, I couldn't. So boring. Like, I seriously think I like Ziggler more (as a wrassleman) when I think back on what I've seen from both. Incredible.

Remember when MITB use to go to under / mid card guys who where nowhere near the title picture and cashing in was basically strapping a rocket to their back?

Good times.

Remember when MITB use to go to under / mid card guys who where nowhere near the title picture and cashing in was basically strapping a rocket to their back?

Good times.

If we're never going back to that, it's at least a good/funny replacement to humiliate people with them (see Sandow and Corbin)

I wanted to get behind John Morrison. He's handsome, athletic, and had a good enough theme. But maaannn, I couldn't. So boring. Like, I seriously think I like Ziggler more (as a wrassleman) when I think back on what I've seen from both. Incredible.
Imagine living this life

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I gave up on John Morrison during his Drew McIntyre feud, and again with the “Mr. Ziggles.”

He dressed up as Braveheart and brought a sword to the ring to mock Drew, fucked up brandishing it and cut his own eyebrow. So ridiculous.

It still does.

Not even close to what it once used to be, the wrestlers of before were larger than life that many of them became household names. The average person today couldn’t name more than one or two current wrestlers (Cena and Brock)

I will always be a fan of pro wrestling, because I grew up on it, but the fact is it has become such a niche now and the ratings and weekly empty arenas prove my point

Heroman

Banned
Not even close to what it once used to be, the wrestlers of before were larger than life that many of them became household names. The average person today couldn’t name more than one or two current wrestlers (Cena and Brock)

I will always be a fan of pro wrestling, because I grew up on it, but the fact is it has become such a niche now and the ratings and weekly empty arenas prove my point
Those are two different issue, there is still a lot of personality in wrestling as well as larger than life characters.

The average person today couldn't name anyone in that gif, friend

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Good times.
When did that ever happen

Syder

The fact is even the jobbers of yesteryear are more well-known than the so-called 'big stars' of today.

When did that ever happen

Top of my head

Edge
RVD
Punk
Swagger
Kane
Miz
Bryan
Dolph

Like it definitely hasn't happened in a looong time, but in the beginning it was basically all it was used to do (make new main eventers). Kane and Swagger were the only longterm people it didn't work for, and RVD fucked up

That RVD stretch was killer until he fucked it all up and killed WWECW

Shame

WWECW gets a deservedly bad rep but they had some nice little matches in the early goings, particularly between RVD and Angle. You had the awful Sandman, Kevin Thorn, and Kelly Kelly stuff from day one but yea.

I used to watch matches (or highlights?) online since i didn't have SciFi at the time. Of course, I finally got it right when it dipped to its worst with heel Heyman and such. Gross

I wouldn't call Chris Jericho an unknown
He's for sure the most visible but I think people would only recognize him for his VH1 appearances or something, and that's a stretch for the youth of today

Del Rio winning the MITB and rumble in the same year shows how desperate WWE were to try and make him a Rey-level star.

And this all happened in his first year didn't it?

Del Rio winning the MITB and rumble in the same year shows how desperate WWE were to try and make him a Rey-level star.

And this all happened in his first year didn't it?

Well, edge retaining his title over Del rio completely killed the credibility and momentum of a very talented wrestler

I still can’t believe they had to give edge that bullshit victory just so he can retire with it

Top Bottom