• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Hex

Banned
btuyKeM.gif

THE ICON!

Eh... Not really, I understand the sentiment but doing it in Montreal was dumb.

Vince was in the wrong.

It’s his company, these belts and fights aren’t real. Bret Hart plays a character in a television show and would not follow the script

Imagine a character refusing to follow the script in some NBC show because he’s going to another show. It’s laughable. Bret Hart losing in his home country, he needed to get over himself. Scott Hall said he was the biggest mark for himself and had a shrine to himself in his house during that time

It’s his company, these belts and fights aren’t real. Bret Hart plays a character in a television show and would not follow the script

Imagine a character refusing to follow the script in some NBC show because he’s going to another show. It’s laughable. Bret Hart losing in his home country, he needed to get over himself. Scott Hall said he was the biggest mark for himself and had a shrine to himself in his house during that time

Truth.

Syder

It's his company, these belts and fights aren't real. Bret Hart plays a character in a television show and would not follow the script

Imagine a character refusing to follow the script in some NBC show because he's going to another show. It's laughable. Bret Hart losing in his home country, he needed to get over himself. Scott Hall said he was the biggest mark for himself and had a shrine to himself in his house during that time
This isn't about Bret being a mark. Owning a company doesn't give you a blank cheque to do whatever the fuck you want and, as previously mentioned, Bret did have creative control. Vince shouldn't have offered him that contract if he wanted to boss Bret around no questions asked.

Vince has previous in this department, the original screwjob with Wendi Richter is even more despicable in my view. There's really no need to defend him.

Anth0ny

vinny from giant bomb thought of two amazing ppv names in 1 second off the top of his head:

"thing in the ding"

and

"showdown in toronto-town"

BOOK IT

Foggy

I appreciate that Cody is doing well for himself

Yeah, he's a geek but he's a harmless geek. And as unlikely as it is the dude is over big time in RoH.

It is interesting that this community is filled with WWE marks, WCW marks, Indie marks, and Japan/UK marks, but there aren't any RoH marks. They're clearly a not insignifcant number of people, but there's no representation here.

Syder

Heroman

Banned
Yeah, he's a geek but he's a harmless geek. And as unlikely as it is the dude is over big time in RoH.

It is interesting that this community is filled with WWE marks, WCW marks, Indie marks, and Japan/UK marks, but there aren't any RoH marks. They're clearly a not insignifcant number of people, but there's no representation here.

Raise hand.

Syder

Give me a reason to watch RoH. The majority of things I've seen recently have been meh.

I asked if I should watch the last PPV and I got multiple answers telling me it was garbage.

Foggy

Raise hand.

giphy.gif

Give me a reason to watch RoH. The majority of things I've seen recently have been meh.

I asked if I should watch the last PPV and I got multiple answers telling me it was garbage.

I agree, I'm just saying I think it's surprising that they do have a not insignificant fanbase but there's not much of a peep around here whenever something happens. RoH marks clearly love Cody, but you won't find many people around here behind the guy. Just peculiar is all.

ROH tv is what ever but their big shows are really good

Top Bottom