• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

It was last year when Kaepernick first started protesting and they had a cowardly heel team of black wrestlers who would kneel at the start of matches and got cheap heat. It was a year ago so I can't remember the exact circumstances or the wrestlers, but it definitely was a thing.

I want to forget everything about the Rebellion stable.

Its more a response to him calling out Cody for saying he is the biggest draw in wrestling.

Cody is very divisive when it comes to opinions about him. Cause a wrestling writer tweeted this while watching the show:

I stand corrected Cody calling himself the biggest draw in wrestling is peak try hard Cody... cause lol he's not even the biggest draw in the Bullet Club.

It’s his company, these belts and fights aren’t real. Bret Hart plays a character in a television show and would not follow the script

Imagine a character refusing to follow the script in some NBC show because he’s going to another show. It’s laughable. Bret Hart losing in his home country, he needed to get over himself. Scott Hall said he was the biggest mark for himself and had a shrine to himself in his house during that time

Actors on TV shows have input all the time and some do have the contractual right to say no to something.

Vince shouldn't have signed him to a long term lige-time deal, reneged and given him creative control over his exit from the company but he did and put it in Bret's contract.

hahahaha

get it

they're gay
Hahahaha

get it

the humour is based off of the shitty facial expressions and the basic juxtaposition of a manly man/homophobe like Brock Lesnar prancing about with a woman's movement animations, kinda like how people use this GIF quite a bit, y'know, to contrast the ultra-serious persona of Triple H with a stupid entrance animation.
X3lvD.gif

I know it can be a bit difficult to grasp.

Did people cry homophobia when stuff like this was being posted?
MiPPX6F.png

Pikma

Banned
At least ROH can afford pyro
Well, that's probably because Sinclair didn't have to waste a bunch of millions to buy their way into a shitty and meaningless government seat
although they are just as diehard Trump supporters as the McMahons.

Hex

Banned
How can you hate on that.
EVERYONE knows Hashi is not going to win, so they made it fun as hell for the crowd.

I need Excelsior in here to express my proper feelings for Yoshi Hashi

You mean Yoshi-TRASHI

He sucks

His head looks like a cloud
But is talent has never once left a crowd
Wowed
God fucking damnit he's so boring
We even got AJ Styles snoring
If Omega can draw from him even 4.5
That'll be Hashi's greatest moment since he's been alive
If he can get him to 4 point (25 times 3)
Then Okada is will have no chouce but to agree
That there ain't no one better than Kenny

Foggy

How can you hate on that.
EVERYONE knows Hashi is not going to win, so they made it fun as hell for the crowd.

Yeah, it's harmless fun. As for whether RoH should've treated that as a spotfest bonanza at the end...but hey, almost everyone there is walking away happy. It's silly but if it's gonna happen it's ok if it happens with this match.

Hex

Banned
You mean Yoshi-TRASHI

He sucks

His head looks like a cloud
But is talent has never once left a crowd
Wowed
God fucking damnit he's so boring
We even got AJ Styles snoring
If Omega can draw from him even 4.5
That'll be Hashi's greatest moment since he's been alive
If he can get him to 4 point (25 times 3)
Then Okada is will have no chouce but to agree
That there ain't no one better than Kenny

Flawless

Hex

Banned
Yeah, it's harmless fun. As for whether RoH should've treated that as a spotfest bonanza at the end...but hey, almost everyone there is walking away happy. It's silly but if it's gonna happen it's ok if it happens with this match.
Exactly.
THIS is why Bucks own arenas around the world.
THIS is why it sold out minutes after Omega being announced.
Some people may not like it, but Omega and the Bucks know how to give the crowd exactly what they want.
Cornette and all the tight asses early on "no superkicks, too many spots, not enough selling and storytelling" but the fact that they pretty much own the world says otherwise.
They have changed the story by making the crowds happy.

Guys. Jinder Mahal interview in Indian newspaper:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...hampion-jinder-mahal/articleshow/61096394.cms

Having a WWE Champion from the India, will of course boost WWE's popularity in the country, but apart from that, what do you think has been the reasons for your success in such a short span of time?

When I debuted in 2011 in WWE, Indian audience was still very big, but I was not a champion at that time. I had to earn that opportunity; it came with lots of ups and downs. I was released in 2014, and I did not comeback as number one contender facing Orton; I came back at the bottom of the card, opening matches. Week after week I was performing in Main Event, Superstars and I slowly improved, worked my way up and now I am WWE Champion and it is a testimony to my hard work and now I am even more motivated to continue to work even harder, because I truly want to establish myself and establish India as a global super power. There is no reason why we can't be dominant in the WWE. Imagine Singh Brothers have the RAW or SmackDown tag team championships, I have the WWE or Universal Championship and even Kavita Devi with the women's championship - it is very much possible and it is going to happen.

*shudder*

Just got home.

Overall, really fun show. Boy a lot of that non-veteran ROH talent is garbage. Too many dumb talking spots too

-Opening tag was fun enough, nothing amazing but decent
-Scurll/Takahashi was a bit too early I felt, but really fun match. Nice to see Hiromu land the murderous flip move (even if it was on the other side from us)
-Addiction/Kushida and Cheeseburger match was way better than expected. Bubba Ray retirement (?) was unexpected and a bit sad
-8 man spotfest fuckery was nuts. EXTREMELY impressed by Hangman Page. Thought the dude was boring from my only experience of him at the G1 USA event. Dude seems like he's picked up a lot from the Bucks, killed it.
-Garbage unadvertised shitfest match between trash teams was a waste of time
-Suzuki match was fucking awesome
-Yano/Cabana was fantastic, maybe even better than the Omega match?
-Gordon/Ospreay was very fun, Gordon is talented even though I think the military shit is dumb as fuck (and he doesn't have much of a personality beyond that)
-Main event was exactly what it needed to be. Not an incredible match or anything, but a fun showcase for Kenny with some nice spotfest fuckery to send it home

Also, apparently ROH can only afford one speaker for music/PA. Hell yeah dude

I don't really like taking pics during shows but I snapped a couple of quick ones, not a whole lot of art to them

The endgame of this whole BC vs. WWE thing is WWE finally buying ROH and thus owning the contract of the Young Bucks. Then they bury them.

This will not happen. But Vince might think of it.

Foggy

Just got home.

Overall, really fun show. Boy a lot of that non-veteran ROH talent is garbage. Too many dumb talking spots too

-Opening tag was fun enough, nothing amazing but decent
-Scurll/Takahashi was a bit too early I felt, but really fun match. Nice to see Hiromu land the murderous flip move (even if it was on the other side from us)
-Addiction/Kushida and Cheeseburger match was way better than expected. Bubba Ray retirement (?) was unexpected and a bit sad
-8 man spotfest fuckery was nuts. EXTREMELY impressed by Hangman Page. Thought the dude was boring from my only experience of him at the G1 USA event. Dude seems like he's picked up a lot from the Bucks, killed it.
-Garbage unadvertised shitfest match between trash teams was a waste of time
-Suzuki match was fucking awesome
-Yano/Cabana was fantastic, maybe even better than the Omega match?
-Gordon/Ospreay was very fun, Gordon is talented even though I think the military shit is dumb as fuck (and he doesn't have much of a personality beyond that)
-Main event was exactly what it needed to be. Not an incredible match or anything, but a fun showcase for Kenny with some nice spotfest fuckery to send it home

Also, apparently ROH can only afford one speaker for music/PA. Hell yeah dude

I don't really like taking pics during shows but I snapped a couple of quick ones, not a whole lot of art to them

Sounds like a great time, man

Top Bottom