• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

I legit felt bad for him. He wrestled a good match and had good offense but got no response.
Yeah that was unfortunate, even when he did good stuff the crowd were terrified to make Kenny think they weren't there for him

It's par for the course for wrasslin but must be said, some real shitheads in the crowd. Dudes were singing "ohhhhhh bask in his glooooory" at a man who was most definitely not Keith Lee.......

Time for a Tums on a pole match

lmao

Get better Dental Plan.

Here's something to help you laugh

70e.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I will admit it makes me laugh that for the past decade every single backstage segment ends the same way and all of the interviewers perform it the exact same way every time - when a heel cuts a promo and then walks off, the camera lingers for about 5 seconds on the interviewer who will have either the company-issue appalled expression when a heel cuts a promo, or the exact same vaguely aroused expression when a babyface cuts a promo and then walks off.

Unless it's Tom Phillips, then he has to sell for Stephanie.

I will admit it makes me laugh that for the past decade every single backstage segment ends the same way and all of the interviewers perform it the exact same way every time - when a heel cuts a promo and then walks off, the camera lingers for about 5 seconds on the interviewer who will have either the company-issue appalled expression when a heel cuts a promo, or the exact same vaguely aroused expression when a babyface cuts a promo and then walks off.

Unless it's Tom Phillips, then he has to sell for Stephanie.

Camera should follow the superstar walking away rather than focus on the interviewer. Superstar should be the focus for the viewer.

The backstage interview end thing is really weird and has bugged me for so long.

Wrestler finishes talking then the camera just zooms in on the interviewer while they blank stare into nothingness. It's so weird, who decides on this crap?

Like are we supposed to think the interviewers are just mindless robots who boot, up ask a pointless question, stand there and 'listen' then after the wrestler is done they shut back down again. Cause that's what it looks like.

klonere

Banned
This is referred to as the 'Omega Effect'.

Pretty much. The OTT National Stadium show with him and the Bucks sold out within the week, 2k tickets.

The one that is coming up with Cody and the Bucks still has tickets available, several months after going on sale.

Pretty much. The OTT National Stadium show with him and the Bucks sold out within the week, 2k tickets.

The one that is coming up with Cody and the Bucks still has tickets available, several months after going on sale.

To be fair, Rev Pro's December show with Cody and the Bucks sold out a month or two ago. Global Wars next month still has tickets going (though it was announced later and is a 2 nighter tbf)

klonere

Banned
To be fair, Rev Pro's December show with Cody and the Bucks sold out a month or two ago. Global Wars next month still has tickets going (though it was announced later and is a 2 nighter tbf)

Maybe there's a backlash I'm not conscious of for how the last Elite show ended. Which was uh, Omega and the Bucks completely destroying the entire OTT roster, including cutting an in ring bit for BTE while having Smile in a Sharpshooter for ages. It was like Orton/Cena vs Raw roster but maybe worse?

But Marty is over like god so maybe it's big show fatigue? That'll almost be a National Stadium show every other month at this stage.

Maybe there's a backlash I'm not conscious of for how the last Elite show ended. Which was uh, Omega and the Bucks completely destroying the entire OTT roster, including cutting an in ring bit for BTE while having Smile in a Sharpshooter for ages. It was like Orton/Cena vs Raw roster but maybe worse?

But Marty is over like god so maybe it's big show fatigue? That'll almost be a National Stadium show every other month at this stage.

Maybe, yeah, they didn't do that against the yanks (and Ryan) at Rev Pro, but like you, I haven't really seen much chat like that.

All the stuff Cody is doing just seems like him making a name for himself so he can go back to WWE with a bigger name. People getting upset probably shouldn't because he'll go back to jobbing to whoever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who's worse?

Bray or Ziggler?

Depends.

In-ring, Bray is great. Ziggler isn't so great in-ring.

On the mic, Ziggler should have his mic cut immediately. Bray's allowed.

Bray > Ziggler on every level

Sephzilla

I can totally foresee Dolph Ziggler leaving WWE, joining Bullet Club, and then adopting some "remember the attitude era" gimmick so annoying that even the Young Bucks get sick of it.

Anth0ny's rise to Youtube stardom being in jeopardy is a better angle than anything else ongoing right now. Can Anth0ny overcome both the odds and The Man?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I can totally foresee Dolph Ziggler leaving WWE, joining Bullet Club, and then adopting some "remember the attitude era" gimmick so annoying that even the Young Bucks get sick of it.
Ziggler joining Bullet Club would be the thing that causes Bullet Club to officially disband

Top Bottom