• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
WWE 2k18 doesnt unlock on PC until 5pm tomorrow,
what bullshit
lmao @ this pic

fYbbdpm.jpg

Nice to see Adam Cole Bay Bay incorporating the Lashley physique. Welcome aboard fella.

Raw64life

Adam Cole looks like a create-a-wrestler where the person creating him was told that they had 60 seconds to create a complete wrestler and that's all they had time to do.

Menome

Kevin Owens doesn't have a statuesque figure, but he's consistently been one of the best things in all of WWE since hitting the main roster.

Body-shape doesn't matter if you make up for it by being damned good.

Sephzilla

Kevin Owens doesn't have a statuesque figure, but he's consistently been one of the best things in all of WWE since hitting the main roster.

Yep. Your body shape ultimately doesn't mean shit if you have charisma, can talk, and can put on a good match.

And how here's a totally unrelated picture of one of the greatest wrestlers to ever live

dusty_rhodes_sg_img.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

100% agree

Always funny when wrestling marks body shame wrestlers, when like 90% of them are fat

Bronx-Man

Banned
I love the indies as much as anybody, but Cody R is the last person that needs defending. Dude is boring. He’s Mike Bennett with a famous daddy.

Sephzilla

off topic

i need to clean house on my facebook friends list. some people have some pretty shitty opinions and/or have never read a history book

Hex

Banned
off topic

i need to clean house on my facebook friends list. some people have some pretty shitty opinions and/or have never read a history book

this past year has been great for seeing people as they really are and trimming my social media

Pikma

Banned
off topic

They have probably read one at some point in their lives but chose to ignore it or pretend they know better

Which makes them even dumber

Sephzilla

this past year has been great for seeing people as they really are and trimming my social media

I had a good one two punch of "what the fuck" moments

1) after Aaron Rodgers got hurt someone tried to imply that it was justified karma for him being a liberal snowflake

2) someone tried arguing with me that being forced to stand for the flag/anthem is a good thing and we aren't like north korea in that regard because we'd never have concentration camps or anything like that

Hex

Banned
I had a good one two punch of "what the fuck" moments

1) after Aaron Rodgers got hurt someone tried to imply that it was just karma for him being a liberal snowflake

2) someone tried arguing with me that being forced to stand for the flag/anthem is a good thing and we aren't like north korea in that regard because we'd never have concentration camps or anything like that

Sounds like some of my cousins who are no longer on my Facebook

Yep. Your body shape ultimately doesn't mean shit if you have charisma, can talk, and can put on a good match.

And how here's a totally unrelated picture of one of the greatest wrestlers to ever live

dusty_rhodes_sg_img.png

Dusty's promo would've gone over a 1000 times better if he wasn't suited and booted. It just comes off as phony.

Nekofrog

Banned
I can't be the only guy who thinks botchamania has nose dived in quality in 2017 right? I remember the WeaselMania video being short and excluding a majority of the great botches, then there was a post about how a better one would come out for Weaselmania but I don't think it ever did. And ever since it's been way less botch, more skit focused. No bueno

i'm in this camp as well because as the years have gone on I think we've actually seen the maximum of Cody's potential while Roman still has some untapped potential. Roman's also had better matches

I think it's more than that even. Cody was able to go to the Indies and not be tied to WWE branding but still manages to be a dullard.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't be the only guy who thinks botchamania has nose dived in quality in 2017 right? I remember the WeaselMania video being short and excluding a majority of the great botches, then there was a post about how a better one would come out for Weaselmania but I don't think it ever did. And ever since it's been way less botch, more skit focused. No bueno

Man, I feel that way since like 2014? Maybe earlier.

Sephzilla

To be fair to Cody, I did find his Doctor Doom gimmick fantastic. Probably my favorite thing of his that he did. Especially since it immediately followed up the Dashing Cody gimmick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, he doesn't even really have the body of someone completely natty who spends time lifting despite the fact he's supposed to look tough without any clothes on for a living.

Like, Johnny Gargano is smaller than he is, but Gargano looks like he busts his ass in the gym.

Gargano is in crazy amazing shape right now. Last week's NXT in the main event, he was lookin' like a god there. Great physique.

Speaking of NXT, jesus fuck Lio Rush is shorter than I remember.

5'6" my ass, he's more like 5'2"

To be fair to Cody, I did find his Doctor Doom gimmick fantastic. Probably my favorite thing of his that he did. Especially since it immediately followed up the Dashing Cody gimmick.

Plastic facemask at WrestleMania with that darker Smoke and Mirrors remix was best Cody.

He is, but sooner or later the bell rings

Even this guy over on the left works a better match and he ain't exactly no Daniel Bryan how ya doin

Cody >>>>>>>Enzo.... Enzo can't even just put his foot against someone's jaw and fall backwards convincingly

Raw64life

Cody has had his moments, but it seemed like he was primed to take the next big step as far as in ring work is concerned after he left WWE, and it just hasn't happened. He is doing a good job of getting his name out there though.

Pikma

Banned
Apparently the 205 guys aren't getting royalties from their appearances on 2K18, they just gave them a flat fee and called it a day.

Top Bottom