• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Do you think John Cena watched Trump throwing out paper towel rolls to a crowd in Puerto Rico, saw not a single one of them threw one back and told Trump he sucked, and then got a little sad?

Fox318

The good news is that the Ultimate Warrior died in pain, involved his family in trash wrestling before passing, and will never see his children grow up.

Karma is just a beautiful thing to behold, I guess.

giphy.webp

MC Safety

We should paint him as someone who is NoT thriving in WWE. That much we can quantify. Whether he can or not elsewhere is something we don't know. I think the core of my post was to entertain why he thinks staying there is a good idea. Does it have to do with dads legacy? Convenience? Both and more?

He's doing just fine. He gets plenty of screen time, storylines, and pay per view matches. He's won titles, which says a lot about what the company thinks of him. He's done remarkable things despite being wholly unremarkable.

He's staying because he likes the job, the people, or the check (or some combination thereof). If he wants and stays healthy, he'll have a job for years.

What more should be done for Bray Wyatt?

lol@bray

The only thing more cyclical than "maybe they'll turn Reigns heel THIS TIME" or "maybe Yukes will make a good game THIS TIME" is "maybe THIS will be the year they don't fuck up Bray fucking Wyatt". It's as predictable as the passing of time

Warrior taking delight in Bobby Heenan needing a colostomy bag is probably not even in the Top 5 list of "Semi-coherent Warrior Deviltries That End Only When His Fingers Get Gassed (500 Words Max)."

I would have like to have seen Bobby Heenan's reaction when he found out he outlived Warrior. Or Heath Ledger's kids when they heard the news. Or Hurricane Katrina victims. Or

Mahonay

Banned
Im impressed that only now people are upset with how the WWE is presenting the ultimate warrior

There has been 3 years dince they have washed their image to uncomfortable levels
I don't understand how it took this long for more people to catch on. Shit with The Warrior Award was disgusting from day 1. We definitely talked about it here, but it was pretty quiet elsewhere.

I don't understand how it took this long for more people to catch on. Shit with The Warrior Award was disgusting from day 1. We definitely talked about it here, but it was pretty quiet elsewhere.

I guess for once it helps that these shitheads have someone in a presidential cabinet because it means it's now hard for them to do anything and not be noticed for it (see Washington Post even talking about the racist Jinder promos recently)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It still makes no sense that they started a Bray Wyatt/Balor feud where he brought the Demon out, beat Wyatt, then beat him without it, and somehow its still going.

Mahonay

Banned
I guess for once it helps that these shitheads have someone in a presidential cabinet because it means it's now hard for them to do anything and not be noticed for it (see Washington Post even talking about the racist Jinder promos recently)
Yeah definitely true. Harder for people to be blissfully ignorant now. Although being voluntarily ignorant sure has gotten pretty popular.

Ithil

It still makes no sense that they started a Bray Wyatt/Balor feud where he brought the Demon out, beat Wyatt, then beat him without it, and somehow its still going.

Every single Bray feud takes place in a little pocket dimension his opponent is sucked into for a number of months. It's a dimension of too many matches and identical segments on a loop.

Mahonay

Banned
WWE Creative/booking in a nutshell

I really don't understand how people are still watching RAW or Smackdown week to week. Shit just seems so...boring.

WWE was blasting it out to mainstream outlets.

But yeah, who wants to report on modern WWE on a news site? It's like reporting on the latest going-ons at the local circus.

And like the award at least mostly was focused on the recipient. It's still gross and I hated it f from day one

But this shit this week was next level gross. It was all about Ultimate Warrior... the shirts, the music, the ropes, the speech, literally nothing had to do with breast cancer at all. That's the difference, those women didn't get to tell their stories or anything it was just stand there in your Ultimate warrior t-shirt while Dana lionizes her bigoted dead husband, get your name read out loud, get a belt, shake the ropes while the music plays and get tout of the ring.

Every single Bray feud takes place in a little pocket dimension his opponent is sucked into for a number of months. It's a dimension of too many matches and identical segments on a loop.

"Imagine, if you will, an announcer you can barely understand. He refers to a [mutters], but you're not quite sure what he said. He seems to be eating something, or perhaps he's a little drunk. It's remotely possible that he just said something about the Scary Door The Wyatt Dimension"

*BLERP*

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They do the same with Nakamura. He rarely wrestles on SD itself, he's usually tagging with AJ after the show.

WWE Creative/booking in a nutshell

I really don't understand how people are still watching RAW or Smackdown week to week. Shit just seems so...boring.

Not to mention stagnant

Raw:
World title scene is nonexistent except when Brock feels like showing up, which after having beat Braun and Joe, he has no reason to until Reigns is done with the Shield
Tag scene is focused on the reunion of a team nobody was ever allowed to forget in the first place, between two of them already being together and champs, and the third having never given up his look and music from the team
IC title scene is tied up with said tag scene
Women's scene is focused on a bully who's beating everyone until the other person they sacrificed a women's scene to build shows up at the PPV to finish off the main roster next

SD:
World title scene exists, so at least there's progress! It's also with one of the worst wrestlers in the company, who has no competition because Nak won't win, Roode's not ready, Owens is busy with the whole McMahon family in a way that's destined to end with HHH, and Styles they only want to use to keep crowds there for 205 Live
US title scene, see Styles
Tag scene is with a feud that will finally finally end at the PPV, to the detriment of the division because it's the most fans have cared about it all year and there's fucking nobody left after. Bollywood Boys don't wrestle even though they can, Hype Bros keep teasing a split, they keep fucking with fans regarding whether Breezango/Fashion Files will appear on a given week, Ascension are only ever used for that itself, and Harper and Rowan aren't used at all
Women's scene has the two best workers either not used or stuck in tag matches (in case it wasn't clear, there's no women's tag title, only singles)

Angry Grimace

If I had to guess, Vince both doesn't care, and also thinks the award is named for kayfabe Ultimate Warrior and not Jim Hellwig.

Angry Grimace

Not to mention stagnant

Raw:
World title scene is nonexistent except when Brock feels like showing up, which after having beat Braun and Joe, he has no reason to until Reigns is done with the Shield
Tag scene is focused on the reunion of a team nobody was ever allowed to forget in the first place, between two of them already being together and champs, and the third having never given up his look and music from the team
IC title scene is tied up with said tag scene
Women's scene is focused on a bully who's beating everyone until the other person they sacrificed a women's scene to build shows up at the PPV to finish off the main roster next

SD:
World title scene exists, so at least there's progress! It's also with one of the worst wrestlers in the company, who has no competition because Nak won't win, Roode's not ready, Owens is busy with the whole McMahon family in a way that's destined to end with HHH, and Styles they only want to use to keep crowds there for 205 Live
US title scene, see Styles
Tag scene is with a feud that will finally finally end at the PPV, to the detriment of the division because it's the most fans have cared about it all year and there's fucking nobody left after. Bollywood Boys don't wrestle even though they can, Hype Bros keep teasing a split, they keep fucking with fans regarding whether Breezango/Fashion Files will appear on a given week, Ascension are only ever used for that itself, and Harper and Rowan aren't used at all
Women's scene has the two best workers either not used or stuck in tag matches (in case it wasn't clear, there's no women's tag title, only singles)

I bet you Royal Rumble is Lesnar squashing Demon Balor because "fuck the fans let's kill that gimmick to get Reigns over"

Top Bottom