• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

DLTljcqUEAAfoO3.jpg:large
Superman punch!

So I finally sat down to watch Fire Walk With Me on this fine wednesday morning and see that it's been removed from free streaming on Amazon/Showtime/whatever it was

GG

Full Mystery blu ray is 28 bucks on Amazon so I just grabbed that

AAW Seize The Day this Saturday

Brubaker and Jake Something vs Zero Gravity
Eddie Kingston vs Mike Hartenbower
Chuck Taylor vs Curt Stallion
Connor Braxton and Kody Rice vs Ace Perry and PACO vs Trey Miguel and Stephen Wolf in a ladder match
Sami Callihan vs AR Fox
The Hooligans vs Zachary Wentz and Dezmond Xavier
2 first round matches for the women's title tournament: Allysin Kay vs Rachael Ellering and Britt Baker vs Candice LeRae
Michael Elgin and Myron Reed vs Shane Strickland and Keith Lee
Rey Fenix defends the world title vs Penta El 0M

AAW Seize The Day this Saturday

Brubaker and Jake Something vs Zero Gravity
Eddie Kingston vs Mike Hartenbower
Chuck Taylor vs Curt Stallion
Connor Braxton and Kody Rice vs Ace Perry and PACO vs Trey Miguel and Stephen Wolf in a ladder match
Sami Callihan vs AR Fox
The Hooligans vs Zachary Wentz and Dezmond Xavier
2 first round matches for the women's title tournament: Allysin Kay vs Rachael Ellering and Britt Baker vs Candice LeRae
Michael Elgin and Myron Reed vs Shane Strickland and Keith Lee
Rey Fenix defends the world title vs Penta El 0M
It's a really good card, shame it's just the opposite direction of the city in the middle of nowhere

Tickets are stupid cheap, it's like 20 bucks for front row, 15 for everything else

Luschient

So we can expect Nick Nemeth to join the Bullet Club in a few weeks?

Wonder if he even cares to wrestle anymore once he leaves WWE. He has a "comedy" career somewhat going and he seems to enjoy contributing to news shows. I'm guessing once he leaves, he'll be out of the business for good.

Mahonay

Banned
Wonder if he even cares to wrestle anymore once he leaves WWE. He has a "comedy" career somewhat going and he seems to enjoy contributing to news shows. I'm guessing once he leaves, he'll be out of the business for good.
He'll probably start an alt-right YouTube channel.

Mahonay

Banned
My PS4 just downloaded an 864MB update for Skyrim in under a minute. PSN just randomly decides not be it's normal slow shitty self sometimes.

Probably a good time for Bullet Club to re-brand completely under The Elite name and drop the guns in their logo.

I know it won't happen.

Tipping threads are perfect for exposing who will stab you in the back when the class wars begin.

Probably a good time for Bullet Club to re-brand completely under The Elite name and drop the guns in their logo.

I know it won't happen.

BC is a Japan based stable

Meh... the problem is real guns not a wrestling t-shirt.

I don't disagree with that at all but it's definitely an image issue if Bullet Club wants to sustain itself in NA.

I love the design of the BC t-shirt but haven't bought one yet because I wouldn't wear it. My friend did pick one up though.

Maybe I should get a Villain Club shirt.

Sephzilla

I think the name/design of the Bullet Club t-shirt is pretty far down the list of problems in both the United States and in professional wrestling right now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the name/design of the Bullet Club t-shirt is pretty far down the list of problems in both the United States and in professional wrestling right now

Bad way to look at it. This is something HT can do, TODAY, to help cut down on the glorification of gun violence.

You want real change elsewhere? Settle in and wait. Do more than one thing at a time. Stamp out the small stuff you can stamp out.

Sephzilla

Bad way to look at it. This is something HT can do, TODAY, to help cut down on the glorification of gun violence.

You want real change elsewhere? Settle in and wait. Do more than one thing at a time. Stamp out the small stuff you can stamp out.

I totally see your approach with this and understand its benefits. Part of me just worries that getting caught up too much in the small stuff makes you lose focus on the main issue. It also opens up the opportunity for others to change the narrative.

Gun culture is a problem in the United States. While Bullet Club is a Japanese stable its shirt has become quite iconic when it comes to wrestling in the US. Most WWE shows these days have several people wearing various types of BC shirts in the audience. Hell, I think I see more BC shirts than any other shirt at times.

newjapan1005_1.png

It's a great logo and shirt but it definitely could be seen as promotion of gun culture and advocacy of gun ownership even if the original idea of the stable is far from that.

I agree it's far down on the list of problems when it comes to the US but it doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

I love action and violent movies so maybe I'm being a little hypocritical here but it's just the way I see it.

It's a meaningless gesture that puts the onus on fictional guns instead of real ones.

Oh it's not guns and the lack of control that's the problem, it's the fictional pictures and video games... Nonsense.

Gun culture is a problem in the United States. While Bullet Club is a Japanese stable its shirt has become quite iconic when it comes to wrestling in the US. Most WWE shows these days have several people wearing various types of BC shirts in the audience. Hell, I think I see more BC shirts than any other shirt at times.

newjapan1005_1.png

It's a great logo and shirt but it definitely could be seen as promotion of gun culture and advocacy of gun ownership even if the original idea of the stable is far from that.

I agree it's far down on the list of problems when it comes to the US but it doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

It's a completely meaningless gesture that won't change anything.

Proof positive people in the UK wear them and they aren't craving guns. Pictures of guns on a t-shirt is just down the list it's not on it.

He already happened.

Nope

As a big Cyborg fan, it hurts my heart to say that design sucks and I can't believe they're still trying to make that look 1) work and 2) lead to his own feature film. That flop Green Lantern film made more than a Cyborg film will. I'll even one up it: Both flop Fantastic Four films were better than a Cyborg film could be

Top Bottom