• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

NXT tapings are about to start. So we should have a good idea of the Takeover card by the end of the night.

Triple H isn't there though. He's still in India.

Egg0

Banned
Corbins' old theme was nothing special, but its way better than this new garbage.

I'm back to being mesmerized by his hand movements during his entrance.

but

but

they have other tall

Yeah, like Strowman, who is being pushed on Raw.

Or Cass, who was being pushed on Raw before he got hurt.

Or Drew, who Vince crowned and tried to push to early, and is now being pushed in NXT.

It's just Harper that gets left out for whatever reason.

Hex

Banned
God damn, some of these spots in the Hardcore match at WCPW Refuse to Lose are crazy.

Bad Bones- Primate- BT Gunn - Jimmy Havok

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But Drew got good so nobody's gonna care if they push him unless Vince goes full Roman or something

Nekofrog

Banned
I wasn't watching during Drew's original run. What made Vince give up on him like he hasn't done for Roman? Or was he not picked to be that high tier?

I wasn't watching during Drew's original run. What made Vince give up on him like he hasn't done for Roman? Or was he not picked to be that high tier?

Vince got behind Drew, but it was more of a slow burn. He was on SD, which was clearly the #2 show, and only competing for the IC Title. So even though Vince himself went on TV and stanned for McIntyre, it wasn't like Roman in the sense that "this guy is immediately now the top guy in the whole company", so when it didn't take, it wasn't easier for Vince to ignore that failure and move on. He wanted Drew to be a top guy, but he wasn't immediately put in that very top spot.

Admitting failure on Roman would have been a huge shift considering he was immediately pushed to the very top.

jesus christ 2k18 not only has anti smoking truth ads in, including on every steel chair in the audience and the arena walls, there's commentary lines directing you to their website

I think with Drew as well, they were never 100% committed like Roman. They still had plenty of people they could fall back on, and they quickly got bored.

They were trying way too hard with him, having him feud with Teddy Long, and having him lose his undefeated streak to the likes of Kane and The Undertaker.

But the funny thing is that they never really pulled the trigger on him, and it turns out when you bill your guy as a big deal but never have him win, it makes him look like a goober.

Also he was involved in a domestic dispute with his wife (also a WWE employee) and she was fired and he was given the doghouse routine.

They were trying way too hard with him, having him feud with Teddy Long, and having him lose his undefeated streak to the likes of Kane and The Undertaker.

But the funny thing is that they never really pulled the trigger on him, and it turns out when you bill your guy as a big deal but never have him win, it makes him look like a goober.

Also he was involved in a domestic dispute with his wife (also a WWE employee) and she was fired and he was given the doghouse routine.

The whole domestic dispute thing is so fucked because he was punished because the backstage people thought he looked bad for "letting his woman act like that". Basically they thought it emasculated him, which is so utterly ridiculous.

But really, Drew was nowhere near ready for that push when he got it. He is 10x the performer now in every way possible than he was then. Really, I think he and Sheamus have had similar arcs from a development perspective and how they've grown, the only difference being that WWE never really gave up on Sheamus. At least not to the degree they did with Drew.

The whole domestic dispute thing is so fucked because he was punished because the backstage people thought he looked bad for "letting his woman act like that". Basically they thought it emasculated him, which is so utterly ridiculous.

But really, Drew was nowhere near ready for that push when he got it. He is 10x the performer now in every way possible than he was then. Really, I think he and Sheamus have had similar arcs from a development perspective and how they've grown, the only difference being that WWE never really gave up on Sheamus. At least not to the degree they did with Drew.

Sheamus had the opposite problem where they gave him the rocket up his ass and pulled the trigger, but they weren't going to let him be a top guy with Cena and Orton on the same show.

They even had Sheamus be the top guy on Smackdown for a while, but unfortunately they never really capitalized on his strengths. I always thought Sheamus was a great performer.

And yes, putting people in the onscreen doghouse for outside of the ring shenanigans is the most baffling thing WWE does.

somedevil

NXT Spoiler:

They are doing a battle royal for the final spot in the women's match. Suprised names in it are Mercedes Martinez, Santana, and Candice LeRae. They must have plans for Mandy who was the only signed talent not in the battle royal

Attention: Oka is an otaku, and he likes his women two-dimensional.

Please keep this in consideration when figuring out who to root for in the Young Lions Cup.

Nikki Cross's eyes are telling quite the story right now Byron!

Yeah, and it's not a good story either Michael.

WTauqH8l.png

What are you talking about, Arstrogigantic?

The "body jewelry" Warrior was referring to was a colostomy bag. That's a bag connected to your large intestine that collects waste before it leaves the healthy part of your colon. You uh, don't poop anymore, it just flows out into the bag and you replace it when needed.

Syder

Of course it's the team also known as "The Hammers"

Waiting for Trips to do an NXT new signee style photo with the mascot hammer, if that's still a thing the team have, I have only a thimble full of knowledge in this department.
We do, he's called Hammerhead.

Watching Hideki Suzuki and Shogun Okamoto vs. Daichi Hashimoto and Hideyoshi Kamitani, and I love that Okamoto doesn’t even bother stepping down from the apron while Suzuki takes on both Kamitani and Hashimoto outside the ring. Also, the burst of violence from Suzuki targeting Hashimoto’s leg was terrific. Suzuki was working hard even with the black tights on, so this was energetic. A recommended match from the September 20 BJW show from Korakuen that also featured Satomura/Sekimoto vs. Okabayashi/Takagi.

Top Bottom