• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Zach

Nooooo. I'm already caught up to live programmin'. Maaannn. I guess I'll go brush my teeth and stuff and check back on this silliness in a few.

P.S. I actually watched Nakamura/Mahal, more or less, and I give it three starz!

Z6plHAJ.gif

This deserves to be at the top of the page.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nooooo. I'm already caught up to live programmin'. Maaannn. I guess I'll go brush my teeth and stuff and check back on this silliness in a few.

P.S. I actually watched Nakamura/Mahal, more or less, and I give it three starz!

This deserves to be at the top of the page.

It was a pretty good match.

Zach

Don't blame me for what I have to do on Thursday, Biggest-Geek-Ever! You brought it on yourself! You opened Pandora's Box!

Egg0

Banned
That match went on way too long. Worth it for the ending though.

Edit: BOOOOOOO WTF No Bryan for Talking Smack?

Anth0ny

sami helping owens is a russo-esque swerve

you can like it... but if you do, you like russo-esque swerves

now if you'll excuse me, I have a pro wrestling show to watch that is new and also japanese.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zayn was great, and it was heavily telegraphed. Only a fool would ask why. A fool!

All good Russo Swerves in moderation, without them we wouldn't have IT'S ME AUSTIN and the basis for an entire anime series in Code Geass.

now if you'll excuse me, I have a pro wrestling show to watch that is new and also japanese.
But it's not for another 4 hours

Who do you think you're fooling, Anth0ny?

Everyone's suspension of disbelief breaks at different points, but wrasslin' is a soap opera. Having an illogical twist isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And illogical swerves aren't automatically Russorific.

Not at all. Russo swerves make no sense and come out of nowhere. Owens has been telling Sami all along that taking shortcuts is the way to go and his way of doing things is why he's low on the card. Sami finally succumbing to that line of thinking makes sense considering where he's been.

What was the deal with Kevin Nash's run in TNA?

At first, he was part of a few factions, then all of a sudden, he plays a doctor, then Bully Ray's lawyer...

TNA's storyline's run quick, don't they?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everyone's suspension of disbelief breaks at different points, but wrasslin' is a soap opera. Having an illogical twist isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And illogical swerves aren't automatically Russorific.

It's amusing watching early 1999 Nitro, pre russo, and the bookers are already doing nothing but evil authority figures, hair pin heel turns with no explaination, and endless run ins.

Mahonay

Banned
Great ending to HIAC. Best ending to a PPV in quite some time.

Solid opener. Usos are hot 🔥

Corbin didn't look awful I guess. Wonder if they start steering AJ and Nak towards each other now.

Holy shit the state of Ziggler

Natalya is a boring wrestler

LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ that WWE title match. HAhahahahhahahahahahahahaha

EDIT: Oh and Orton vs Rusev was surprisingly decent. Even though LOL Orton wins

GunBR

So, can I get my hopes up for AJ taking the title from Jinder at Royal Rumble (or maybe before that) and wrestle against Nakamura at Mania?

...or they will keep the title with Mahal so Cena can beat him and break Flair record at Mania?

Anth0ny

Not at all. Russo swerves make no sense and come out of nowhere. Owens has been telling Sami all along that taking shortcuts is the way to go and his way of doing things is why he's low on the card. Sami finally succumbing to that line of thinking makes sense considering where he's been.

so when a heel beats the piss out of a babyface and tells him heel things for 3 years... it "makes sense" for the babyface to join forces with the heel?

alrighty

so when a heel beats the piss out of a babyface and tells him heel things for 3 years... it "makes sense" for the babyface to join forces with the heel?

alrighty

Everything was completely normal until Sami helped KO pin Shane.

They've mentioned their long friendship hundreds of time already, it's not that weird.

Gurrry

Jinder is still the biggest failure of WWE currently. Just zero appeal. Cant carry big matches. Hes not worth our time.

Top Bottom