• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Because Nak is a joke character right now and does not deserve the big belt. (No Jinder did not either but why make the same mistake twice)

Rusev vs Orton, you honestly expected Rusev to win?
He is on someone's shit list and riding it out.

It boggles my mind that people are that confused by Sami's turn, it is almost if they do not pay attention at all when they watch.
Maybe you missed tweets like this?

Or being blown off like this

Zayn also did not ask for the match with Owens, Bryan made it

Sami was also not happy that Shane has the match at HIAC and he does not have a match

Did Shane bother to look after Sami after plowing into him?

Sami had lost to English

I would have to say that Zayn sees that Owensis doing something right, maybe not totally the way he will do it but being nice does not get you anywhere.
Again, these guys are family. They have been for many many many years.
Shit that happens in the ring is in the ring.

I understand the turn, I just really bought Sami as a babyface and wanted him to do things the right way. Cant buy it if he suddenly does typical heel things so hopefully his story is more complex than that. I totally buy Sami Zayn as the good guy, just like Bayley and Becky. It's hard to care about most faces, but guys like Sami really embody everything about that babyface spirit.

As for Nak...yeah, but I dont know if thats on him. Jinder just brings everything down and the build up was god awful racism bullshit.

And Rusev definitely should have won. It hurts to see the man have lost his spot to Jinder.

Hex

Banned
I understand the turn, I just really bought Sami as a babyface and wanted him to do things the right way. Cant buy it if he suddenly does typical heel things so hopefully his story is more complex than that. I totally buy Sami Zayn as the good guy, just like Bayley and Becky. It's hard to care about most faces, but guys like Sami really embody everything about that babyface spirit.

As for Nak...yeah, but I dont know if thats on him. Jinder just brings everything down and the build up was god awful racism bullshit.

And Rusev definitely should have won. It hurts to see the man have lost his spot to Jinder.

I hate to say it, but the language is a big deal.
It is like he is barely trying.
The things that used to be cool and somewhat spontaneous are now cringe inducing.
"Come ooooonnnnnnnnn" makes me cringe.
"Good vibrations"? WWE really loves to name everything, and again the move itself just does not feel the same.
Nak matches are Entrance + get spots in + kinsasha or hurt your leg and lose.

I very much agree that Rusev should have won. There was nothing gained by Orton winning other than to shit on Rusev.

nTqV2pw.jpg

Pikma

Banned
I've been rewarching some of LU season 1 and I gotta admit it's winning me over.

It's not perfect but I like it

klonere

Banned
Hello is this the only thread on NeoGAF that doesn't have people talking about that stupid sauce thing.

Sami and KO sounds like a pretty great team I wonder how they'll fuck it up.

I've been rewarching some of LU season 1 and I gotta admit it's winning me over.

It's not perfect but I like it

LU season 1 was magical. It was so new and interesting and different. It felt so fresh and like a whole new idea on wrestling. I don't even know how it lost itself along the way, but I kind of forced my way through season 2 and fell off at the beginning of season 3.

I do want to go back to it eventually, but man that first season was great.

NJPW should trade Cody for Rusev

Implying anyone actually wants Cody.

LU season 1 was magical. It was so new and interesting and different. It felt so fresh and like a whole new idea on wrestling. I don't even know how it lost itself along the way, but I kind of forced my way through season 2 and fell off at the beginning of season 3.

I do want to go back to it eventually, but man that first season was great.

Implying anyone actually wants Cody.

Yeah, S1 was great. A good balance between decent wrestling, engaging stories, nice production values, passable commentary and great characters. Then S2 happened. The first half of S2 was decent, but then the focus on luchadors started to decline, the shitty stories about how the producer exploited the wrestlers, the carny contracts, some questionable booking decisions and the long break.

Cody tweeted about wanting to go 60 minutes.

60 minutes. Of Cody. A fate worse than death.

He was so gassed in his match with Okada and that one was like 20-30 minutes, there is no way he can go for 60 minutes at the level of Okada-Omega or another NJPW star.

Foggy

I'm struggling to get into this for some reason. I'm gonna keep watching, but for some reason I'm not feeling it.

Probably because most of the matches have pretty obvious winners. I think the only one that has a shred of uncertainty is Kushida vs Ospreay just because Ospreay's losing streak against Kushida has to end at some point.

Even still, this is a pretty solid card from top to bottom so I'm looking forward to it. On paper, it's one of the top 5 cards of the year.

Hex

Banned
Taguchi Japan always reminds me of when I used to use HexJapan on AOL.

I agree that Taguchi and Ricochet's chemistry and been good and surprising.

Top Bottom