• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Nak is done and its not just the booking either, except from that very first match with Sam, he never looked like he meshed in the wwe, even in nxt.

He's too... "anime" for lack of a better word. His maneurisms and screams work in Japan because most people do those there, when you are the only one doing it, it feels off.

That and he clearly doesnt give a fuck compared to the njpw days. Such a shame. Hopefully we still get that AJ match, but probably not lol.

His matches against Roode were phenomenal

Hasney

Was going to do my normal trick of not watching the PPV and just listening to New Legacy's Discord chat, but just listening to them the Usos and New Day sounds great, so I'm at least going to wait and watch that with their commentary on.

My favorite part about the Sami finish is no one in the crowd noticed him. The crowd was so concentrated on Shane killing himself Zayn came outta nowhere it seems.

Hashi sucks

Hashi sucks

Hashi sucks

The only good Yoshi is a green dinosaur

Recall

So how was Hell in a Cell?

I'm watching the final day of the 2009 G1 Climax and seeing Nakamura enter the ring in his pre coke fiend style is quite jarring. Also seeing Okada as nothing more as young lion ring boy with dark hair and slender looks is quite the site too.

Though it was clear NJPW liked him even this early as he opens the show with a match against Taijiri.

Yoshi Hashi/Omega will be fun on Sunday, it's just so obviously a showcase for Omega that I can't say I have any expectations whatsoever

I feel like Cody is the Doph Ziggler of NJPW. Cody is a better wrestler but just as try hard "oh look at me! I'm such a 'heel! Aren't I cool?"
Which is fascinating how badly it sticks out, as that's pretty much Bullet Club's gimmick

Yoshi Hashi/Omega will be fun on Sunday, it's just so obviously a showcase for Omega that I can't say I have any expectations whatsoever

Their sequences in this tag match were actually really fluid and both sold really well (aside from chopping Omega who has a fucking tshirt on) so yeah, kinda hyped despite there being zero chance Omega drops the belt.

Foggy

Basically a whatever comedy match

Considering the last time Sumo Hall saw Kenny he killed himself twice in 24 hours, I'd say he earned a phoned in match

So how was Hell in a Cell?

I'm watching the final day of the 2009 G1 Climax and seeing Nakamura enter the ring in his pre coke fiend style is quite jarring. Also seeing Okada as nothing more as young lion ring boy with dark hair and slender looks is quite the site too.

Though it was clear NJPW liked him even this early as he opens the show with a match against Taijiri.
Eh. I recommend you watch the opening match, maybe the US title match and the main event. Swerve at the end was worth it.

Hex

Banned

oA6XUoD.gif

Hex

Banned
Chono san!

I will say looking at that table spot again, I think Archer did the support thing which made it much safer because he saw how bad it could be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zayn also did a really good gob selling that he was questioning himself as he was going through with it and after.

Yes, underrated facials and visuals! He's great at it.

What was the deal with Kevin Nash's run in TNA?

At first, he was part of a few factions, then all of a sudden, he plays a doctor, then Bully Ray's lawyer...

TNA's storyline's run quick, don't they?

Man, it's impossible to keep up with TNA's role switches.

so when a heel beats the piss out of a babyface and tells him heel things for 3 years... it "makes sense" for the babyface to join forces with the heel?

alrighty

Yes, it was telegraphed heavily but still a great moment.

Big homie Buried Baron is the US champ now?????
tumblr_nc5iuetLge1si9kpgo2_500.gif

Does this mean AJ going for the WWE title? Seems like SD finally has a PPV worth checking out.

Would you look at how much thicker Corbin's hairline was...

I’m interested to see how different the dynamic between Owens and Sami looks juxtaposed against a Jericho and Owens. Storyline has its hooks in me and I hope these two pull in the cash.

So am I. Hooks!

Apparently the New Day/Usos match was supposed to go 15 minutes, but near the finish they were told by the back (via the ref) that they could have another ten minutes, so they kept going.

That is fine by me. It was mostly a fantastic match. Makes sense it dragged a little near the end, but that's a minor complaint. Used the cage in great ways.

Is there any reason they shouldn't turn Rusev at this point? The guy could be massively over if they would just drop the foreign heel bullshit that Vince is so in love with.

He can stay bad, because he's still over as fuck and losses don't kill his character. I'd keep him how he is until he needs a change for his character's sake.

Foggy

As expected he'll debut at Power Struggle. Curious if they'll give him a showcase match at WK or just throw him into the jr title match.

If there was any doubt it's Callihan, ESPN did a piece on him with a bit saying "and he could be showing up in New Japan sooner rather than later"

is that the hacker dude from NXT?
Yep. Omega in particular has been pretty vocal about wanting him in NJPW

Though at this point he's not a hacker as much as a Marilyn Manson mark

I think Sami would do really well in New Japan

I know people think he's a bit of a goober, he is, but he can hang for sure. They just have to give him the right matchups

Sami/Hiromu would be lit

I just wish he'd wrestle in ring gear instead of street clothes

Top Bottom