• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Alucard

Banned
srt0AUx.gif

Brazzers logo, plz.

ghostmind

Via Nicovideo. It's a bit complicated, but I used it to watch the Dragon Gate iPPV last Thursday and it worked just fine.

1) head over to nicovideo.jp and make an account. This should be easy enough, iirc it should detect your language and the instructions will be in English. If not, there's a drop-down menu at the very bottom of the page that'll let you change the language to English.

2) once you've signed up an account, you need to purchase points. Head over to; https://point.nicovideo.jp/index/purchase/ and buy 2,000 points. However, this bit won't be in English, but it is fairly straightforward. Click 2,000 points, scroll down until you see the visa/mastercard logo and click on it, enter your card details (number, expiry date, security code) and then on the next few screens click the yellow buttons to progress with your payment. Eventually you'll get to a screen with no buttons and just some text in Japanese - this basically says they're processing your payment, give it a few seconds and it should indicate that your payment has been accepted and the points have been added to your account.

3) now you've got your points, go to https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/event/njpw and scroll down until you find King of Pro-Wrestling at the bottom of the list. On the KoPW iPPV page, scroll down until you see a red button in a red bordered box - click this and, if you've successfully added points to your account, it'll give you access to the iPPV (which you can confirm by going to your account and checking the 'My Purchases' page). Now you've purchased the iPPV, there's just one thing left to do; on the KoPW iPPV page click the yellow 'Timeshift' button at the top of the page. This will book you VOD watching privileges in case you can't watch the show live, or want to visit the VOD later on to do a backup download. Also, one note about Timeshift VOD - once you access the VOD, you can only watch it for the next 24hrs and then it's gone.

Awesome - thanks Bootaaay!

RP912

Banned
I don't know if anyone noticed (or cared) that I haven't posted here for the past few hours. Either way, I'd like to announce my in-ring retirement from WrassleGAF.

I've had some fun times with you guys, but keeping up with this thread and the WWE in general takes too much of my time. The past few hours were quite liberating. I skipped Smackdown, and forced myself to not visit this thread. I feel like my life is in a better place, friends.

This fucking carny sport has its claws on me real deep, so I'll probably still watch NXT and the PPVs, but I'll make it a point to not come here on the regular anymore.

I don't think anybody here will really miss me, but I'm sure some will be happy. I hope me leaving this thread will pave the way for the serious wrasslin discussion for serious people that you crave so much.

I love this place too much to not drop by every once in a while. So please don't hate me if I come back for a nostalgia pop.

Thank you for your time.

imrehOoRDFO1P.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMxr8qI_45w

We need another Vader so bad. Lesnar would be amazing in that role, but he's never there. Fans want to cheer for a guy who legitimately does not give a fuck and beats up everyone convincingly. The Vader bomb was my favorite move as a kid.

This times a million. Rusev could be that kind of guy but they'd need to flesh his character out more and really tone down the whole "patriotic Russian cheap heat" bit of his character right now.

EDIT: I'd also say Mark Henry could fill this role, or rather, he should have. Hall of Pain heel Henry was totally that type of character and everyone loved it.

Vader is in my top 3 all-time of favorite wrestlers, behind Chono and probably Stone Cold. Dude was a badass.

I don't know if anyone noticed (or cared) that I haven't posted here for the past few hours. Either way, I'd like to announce my in-ring retirement from WrassleGAF.

I've had some fun times with you guys, but keeping up with this thread and the WWE in general takes too much of my time. The past few hours were quite liberating. I skipped Smackdown, and forced myself to not visit this thread. I feel like my life is in a better place, friends.

This fucking carny sport has its claws on me real deep, so I'll probably still watch NXT and the PPVs, but I'll make it a point to not come here on the regular anymore.

I don't think anybody here will really miss me, but I'm sure some will be happy. I hope me leaving this thread will pave the way for the serious wrasslin discussion for serious people that you crave so much.

I love this place too much to not drop by every once in a while. So please don't hate me if I come back for a nostalgia pop.

Thank you for your time.

imrehOoRDFO1P.gif

Best of luck friend Cure, you'll always be a wrasslegaf friend to me friend

Thank you for your time.

imrehOoRDFO1P.gif

Everyone's gettin wurk'd

strobogo

Banned
Koran Korner with Stro for 10/11/2014:

GuPKWvo.jpg

Allah is keen to punish. Allah is mighty and The Avenger (suck it, Marvel). Allah will/did torment those with more torment than any torment he has delivered in any worlds to those who didn't believe after Jesus "had a table" sent down from heaven. I assume this was the story of the fish and bread and all that and table wasn't literally a table, as that would be a weird thing for the Jews to ask for as proof that Allah is legit.

The Damon Kane killed Abel. Allah sent a crow to mark a spot in the dirt where Abel would be buried to hide the shame of what Damon Kane did. This made Damon Kane repent and he was forgiven.

Stealing is okay if you do it to survive, specifically talking about food. So Aladdin was totally in the right.

Hate Christians until the Resurrection Day. Hate Jews/Pagans the most, like Christians the most. Those of any faith who repent can be saved, even if they lived as a Jew/Christian/Other, but those who repent after seeing Hell are fucked. But don't be friends/patrons with either. Also, don't be friends/patrons with any Muslims that don't take it seriously.

There is a section on eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and all that, which is fine. However, those who don't seek that retribution are better people for it.

Jews are: Listeners to a lie, eater of unlawful things (100% Bray needs to use that in a promo sometime). Cursed to be apes/swine for not believing. The hate seems to stem from accusations that the Jews covered up/edited the prophecy and/or message of Mohammed that was included in the tablets given to Moses. It says a lot about Jesus and how dope he was, but also says that the Jews were cursed by the tongues of David and Jesus, which doesn't make sense to me. They were also cursed because they were given enough signs, but weren't satisfied and wanted more proof. Those two things seem to be the basis for the hatred of Jews. They also were afraid of Goliath/giants and wouldn't enter a city until he/they were vanquished, even though they were told to enter the city and they would be protected. Really grinded Allah's gears.

"Taste the torment."

"I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the torment of the mighty day."

No hunting is allowed during the pilgrimage. However, fishing is.

Very insistent on saying the Holy Trinity wasn't a thing, there is no Holy Spirit or Son of God, Jesus was a prophet but not a part of Allah, as there is only one Allah and He is everything. Which kind of sounds like Eastern religions to me. Also, Jesus spoke in the cradle. I assume like an adult and was preaching the good word while in diapers.

Sinning in ignorance is okay as long as you repent and don't repeat the sin.

Do not abuse nonbelievers. Of course, that is conflicted many, many times. Since the book was written during different wars over a long stretch, and isn't in chronological order, that particular tenant seems to change a lot.

Every prophet has an enemy to A. Prove the prophet is right and B. Trick those who might not believe into following the wrong path.

Jinn were created like man, but with fire instead of clay. They are bound by the laws of man, but also are apparently magical.

Quite a few lines of Allah saying he can forgive or punish whenever he wants for whatever reason, and there is one story of setting up a true believer with great aspirations and making him fail, just to show that he can. He can also forgive a real shit bag who doesn't believe and does much evil if he so pleases.

Allah will put out the Jew's war fire every time. In that time, a torch would be lit (for everyone in the region regardless of religion) to signify war, or to warn of an approaching enemy.

Cut off the hands of thieves. But also it is okay to steal to eat if you are starving. There are also lines about cutting off hands/feet to punish non-believers, but also the line of "do not abuse nonbelievers". These are in the same chapter, which I would assume would be all from around the same time. So confusing.

Don't play with statues or idols. The notes said this referred to games such as chess, where Muslims did and many still do, play with generic pieces that are not kings, queens, etc.

If you get into a deep discussion with someone questioning the signs (proof that Allah's way is the right way), you are to change the subject, as it is possible the person questioning is sent by or is Satan and you might get confused and sin.

Guess Allah really isn't a fan of the Jews

If you get into a deep discussion with someone questioning the signs (proof that Allah's way is the right way), you are to change the subject, as it is possible the person questioning is sent by or is Satan and you might get confused and sin.

This is some hilarious foresight. "Oh someone might question our bullshit? Fuck em, they're Satan"

RP912

Banned
Hey....I actually felt like this was a shitty year for movies friends :/. Even Godzilla sucked....

*jumps guardrail*

7LgKUsZiSjcRO.gif

Wolf of Wall Street was flippin' amazing. Though I fear that it'll inevitably turn out to be Scarface for libertarians, with those types ignoring that the movie was a cautionary tale about glory of corruption and excess.

I've heard this said before, but it's doing a disservice to Scarface. At least Tony Montana started as a compelling character that you wanted to watch what happened to him. Jordan Belfort is a piece of shit from the start, I didn't want to watch his downfall because spending time at all with that character was distasteful and an awful experience, but they dragged the fucking thing out for five hours. Anyone who is compelled at all by Belfort is probably already a bit of a psychopath.

Further to that, the dude didn't even get a comeuppance. He drank a cup of coffee in jail then went back to making obscene amounts of money while a popular handsome movie star played him in a film that he himself fucking appeared in.

It's not a cautionary tale, it's a fuck you to the middle class.

strobogo

Banned
TMNT was dumb as shit. I didn't get any enjoyment from it. The kids in my theater were restless and board and the ones directly in front of me and my friend asked their parents if they could go home about an hour in.

Alucard

Banned
GotG is my movie of the year alongside X-Men, but those are like the only two movies I've actually had a chance to see in 2014.

Top Bottom