• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Assault on Precint 13 is the most boring John Carpenter movie of all time. I don't know how anyone can watch the whole thing in one sitting much less consider it a 'good' movie. It just drags and drags, and it expects you to care about characters when none of them are very charismatic or interesting. And I usually love that old 70s pulpy 'teenage kids are murdering everybody' style of movie, but this shit is so dumb.

Assault on Precint 13 is the most boring John Carpenter movie of all time. I don't know how anyone can watch the whole thing in one sitting much less consider it a 'good' movie. It just drags and drags, and it expects you to care about characters when none of them are very charismatic or interesting. And I usually love that old 70s pulpy 'teenage kids are murdering everybody' style of movie, but this shit is so dumb.

John Carpenter is the most inconsistent filmmaker of all time. I can't think of another director who cycles between the incredibly good, the enjoyably bad, and just bad. I wouldn't call him a bad filmmaker at all though

Alucard

Banned
As someone who enjoyed Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, would I enjoy Curse of Darkness for the PS2 as well? Listening to the soundtrack for it on youtube, and it's pretty great. As a CV mark, I'm assuming I'd be able to forgive the game's shortcomings.

Saturday afternoon casual hour at Wrassle-GAF.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I've heard this said before, but it's doing a disservice to Scarface. At least Tony Montana started as a compelling character that you wanted to watch what happened to him. Jordan Belfort is a piece of shit from the start, I didn't want to watch his downfall because spending time at all with that character was distasteful and an awful experience, but they dragged the fucking thing out for five hours. Anyone who is compelled at all by Belfort is probably already a bit of a psychopath.

Further to that, the dude didn't even get a comeuppance. He drank a cup of coffee in jail then went back to making obscene amounts of money while a popular handsome movie star played him in a film that he himself fucking appeared in.

It's not a cautionary tale, it's a fuck you to the middle class.
I thought he got enough of a comeuppance in the end. His family left him (why wouldn't they after the way he endangered them trying to collect the money from his Swiss back account?), he's lost his entire fortune (though the real Belford is now making a living off of being a motivational speaker), and after what he did the first time around, the US government would never let him back to a Wall Street job. The ending scene itself is indeed a "screw you middle class" moment, as it seems to establish that the smoke and mirrors of a corporate America is all a cycle. Belford's job is done, but it's almost guaranteed that there will be others to fill that spot. I still believe that the movie is a cautionary tale to anyone who has a desire to lead the life that one Jordan Belford lead, but I don't think many will heed the movie's advice if that ending shot is anything to go by.

Any movie that makes fun of the poors is a good movie in my book, friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EcChKGogeQ
HOLY CRAP, I never noticed that!

Halloween
The Thing
They Live

Everything else is garbage.

tumblr_mtx9r1uyx41sjrzg8o1_500.gif

As someone who enjoyed Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, would I enjoy Curse of Darkness for the PS2 as well? Listening to the soundtrack for it on youtube, and it's pretty great. As a CV mark, I'm assuming I'd be able to forgive the game's shortcomings.

Saturday afternoon casual hour at Wrassle-GAF.

of course

which reminds me, I need to play all those Castlevania DS games. Missed out on some good tiems.

DMczaf

I just watched the Triple H/Rock segment.

So obvious the writers had nothing to do with it, because it was actually funny.

RP912

Banned
The only Castlevania I played through in its entirety without giving up was the one for the psp and of course the first one.

That series is so hard to get into because I hate backtracking...plus the dialog and story always escapes me and I love vampire stories.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Thing is pretty much all of my fears turned into a movie. It is still the grossest movie ever. Even compared to stuff like Dead Alive which is so goofy with its grossness.

Ok I just looked up the Bound For Glory card. The 3 way X division match should be outstanding as well as the James Storm/Sanada vs Tajiri/Muta match. It's weird they made this ppv meaningless though. It has no bearing on company storylines really, probably since they had to tape over a month in advance.

RP912

Banned
Ok I just looked up the Bound For Glory card. The 3 way X division match should be outstanding as well as the James Storm/Sanada vs Tajiri/Muta match. It's weird they made this ppv meaningless though. It has no bearing on company storylines really, probably since they had to tape over a month in advance.

They should have did a Starrcade 95 and just have a big ass tournament followed by one or two matches that makes sense. It would have worked instead of this universe mode ass booking they did within a few days.

It truly pains me to see this company not even giving one slight of a fuck about drawing any type of viewers.

I dunno, it's a good enough year for movies. I'd say my favorites from this year are better than the ones from last year, at least

And I like Assault on Precinct 13. The score is p. baller
The Grey wasn't that great but at least it featured wolves doing cool shit
The Grey was fantastic, homie
TMNT was better than GOTG

Definition of fun and playful movie, friends.

I know GOTG is the most overhyped movie of the year, but i can't even believe this

They should have did a Starrcade 95 and just have a big ass tournament followed by one or two matches that makes sense. It would have worked instead of this universe mode ass booking they did within a few days.

It truly pains me to see this company not even giving one slight of a fuck about drawing any type of viewers.

Well to be honest they only have a couple of months left of tv, 1 of which has already been taped with no other taping scheduled for 2014. Either the company will be totally different on another network or they won't exist anymore. There are 7 matches announced for the ppv with only 3 of them being 1 on 1. One of those is a women's match. The booking really does show a lack of effort though. Hopefully Wrestle 1 lays out the matches so some of them can be decent. Dudleys will be gone from the company after this unless they agree to be paid peanuts and I believe this is Kurt Angle's last show as well not counting the pretaped shows that air the next month.

RP912

Banned
Well to be honest they only have a couple of months left of tv, 1 of which has already been taped with no other taping scheduled for 2014. Either the company will be totally different on another network or they won't exist anymore. There are 7 matches announced for the ppv with only 3 of them being 1 on 1. One of those is a women's match. The booking really does show a lack of effort though. Hopefully Wrestle 1 lays out the matches so some of them can be decent. Dudleys will be gone from the company after this unless they agree to be paid peanuts and I believe this is Kurt Angle's last show as well not counting the pretaped shows that air the next month.

True. Well if TNA was really smart...they would start the reboot during Bound For Glory ala the original plans for WCW before the merger. I'm talking about some revolutionary shit that'll get peoples attention even if it's just a few.

For instance: Bobby Roode could come out with the TNA belt and do a shame douglas and shit all over the current product with the entire roster agreeing. Leading into a surprise leader who basically takes Dixie Carter's spot and declares change within TNA. like defaulting the belts for instant tournaments and battle royals withn the next year. It would create a decent buzz like the good ole days when they had shows on PPV.

Or they can just continue fucking up and shut down the company for the sake of sanity.

True. Well if TNA was really smart...they would start the reboot during Bound For Glory ala the original plans for WCW before the merger. I'm talking about some revolutionary shit that'll get peoples attention even if it's just a few.

For instance: Bobby Roode could come out with the TNA belt and do a shame douglas and shit all over the current product with the entire roster agreeing. Leading into a surprise leader who basically takes Dixie Carter's spot and declares change within TNA. like defaulting the belts for instant tournaments and battle royals withn the next year. It would create a decent buzz like the good ole days when they had shows on PPV.

Or they can just continue fucking up and shut down the company for the sake of sanity.

They will continue on not meaning anything. I mean there is limited stuff they can do at this show. They've already taped for like the next month and they continue the status quo like nothing has changed.

RP912

Banned
They will continue on not meaning anything. I mean there is limited stuff they can do at this show. They've already taped for like the next month and they continue the status quo like nothing has changed.

Sighs. I just don't understand that company. From day 1 they turned gold into melted shit with their decisions. You had full grown talent and a few vets...but focus more on the vets and fuck off with the grown talent. You had WWE's ear with fans shifting to your product but turn around and screw that up. You had Monty Brown who could have been one of the greatest wrestlers alive and threw that away. You had a Monday slot and ruined it with blunders and screw ups.

TNA is like the child that constantly doing bad shit just to get attention and constantly getting into trouble...but they means well. You keep giving them a chance and they throw it back like it doesn't matter and once they get thrown out of the house....all of the sudden they want to get their act together (good impacts and more focus on current talent).

WTF!! It doesn't work that way and because of the constant stupid decisions...they got kicked off of Spike and getting a regional station if that....

I'm pissed now just thinking about the shit....I want to flip channels during Monday nights not play WWE 2k14 and look at the simulated matches more than the actual content on tv :(.

strobogo

Banned
So...does anyone know what would cause a vacuum to over heat so quickly? I've cleaned out all the filters and tubes and pipes and what not.

Sighs. I just don't understand that company. From day 1 they turned gold into melted shit with their decisions. You had full grown talent and a few vets...but focus more on the vets and fuck off with the grown talent. You had WWE's ear with fans shifting to your product but turn around and screw that up. You had Monty Brown who could have been one of the greatest wrestlers alive and threw that away. You had a Monday slot and ruined it with blunders and screw ups.

TNA is like the child that constantly doing bad shit just to get attention and constantly getting into trouble...but they means well. You keep giving them a chance and they throw it back like it doesn't matter and once they get thrown out of the house....all of the sudden they want to get their act together (good impacts and more focus on current talent).

WTF!! It doesn't work that way and because of the constant stupid decisions...they got kicked off of Spike and getting a regional station if that....

I'm pissed now just thinking about the shit....I want to flip channels during Monday nights not play WWE 2k14 and look at the simulated matches more than the actual content on tv :(.

I'm fully convinced the main problem now with TNA is Dixie. I supported them over the years because they were an alternative to WWE, but they continually have made fuck up after fuck up. When is the last time they've had a good match? They have good talent, but they don't have the road agents there that know how to book a match. How many matches have gone over 15 minutes in the last 3 years? How many times did we see screwjob finishes to main events on ppv when they had monthly ppvs? How many times did they screw over the ppv audience who paid money for the product just to do a title change at the next tapings? How many back and forth face and heel turns have so many of their wrestlers done?

They already have essentially.

Yeah, but not to a contract. Just doing dates as a rosebud and not an actual performer. She has a built in face story with her dad dying in the twin towers on 9/11 or she could join Lana's group as an anti-American since America didn't do anything to prevent it. WWE doesn't have the balls to go there though.

strobogo

Banned
Did you check the belt on the brush? The motor might be overworking itself.

It doesn't have a belt on the brush. It's fancier than that. It also sometimes shoots stuff out the back. I know it isn't clogged because I took the whole thing apart and blew everything out with a leaf blower.

Update on Angle

WWE officials have had conversations with Kurt Angle, 45, about returning to the sports-entertainment organization, sources within the company told PWInsider. He is currently a free agent as his contract with TNA recently expired.
PWInsider noted that one source claimed that Angle declined a full-time contract from WWE since he feels his body would not be able to handle a full-time touring schedule. Angle is only interested in returning to the company as a part-time wrestler and negotiations are currently ongoing.

Yeah, but not to a contract. Just doing dates as a rosebud and not an actual performer. She has a built in face story with her dad dying in the twin towers on 9/11 or she could join Lana's group as an anti-American since America didn't do anything to prevent it. WWE doesn't have the balls to go there though.

She's been in a vast majority of the Rosebud segments in different parts of the country for Raw and she's been on NXT in the same role. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use her that much and not have her on payroll.

Rosita is either in developmental and keeping it quiet, or they're bringing her along to see how she handles the road. Either way, if you see a recurring Rosebud, it's for a reason. That's why Rose will have a job for a long time; it gives them a great smokescreen to hide doing tryouts.

Top Bottom