• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Hasney

I doubt he has what it takes to get to the top either, but he's a fun guy in the ring who could use a storyline and pop up as a WWE title contender now and again that's credible. Him, Sheamus and Cesaro could quite easily be pushed to that spot with development. All I want is for everyone on the show to have a reason to be on it, like they used to.

Malvingt2

A.J. ‏@WWEAJLee
My entire day off has just been a Buffy marathon and coffee & pancakes in bed, because I have the best husband in the world.

Sephzilla

Actually he isn't.

I kind of think he is. After the cage match where Cena ate multiple finishers from Ziggler plus Big E's finisher and still won, Ziggler's stagnation pretty much began there (if I remember right this was all after his WHC run). He's had pretty much no relevancy since then until recently.

Straight shootin' comin' up...

I find Dolph Ziggler uninteresting and boring, and I think people who say they like him can't admit that he has actually devolved and grown stagnant.

Straight shoot

You're a hatin' ass ninja.

A.J. ‏@WWEAJLee
My entire day off has just been a Buffy marathon and coffee & pancakes in bed, because I have the best husband in the world.

Tell your husband to get his lazy skinny fat ass out of bed and get back to work!

RP912

Banned
Ziggler is someone who should do promos from behind fancy restaurant and cafe tables...who should be shown clubbing, wheeling, and dealing...who should be shown exiting a black limo while wearing a sharp suit and sunglasses, a model on his arm.

Of course, this makes him sound like a heel, but so what? Go for it.

smh I been saying this for ages. Cutting promos in thunderbirds and kissing ladies in the audience.

Alucard

Banned
I doubt he has what it takes to get to the top either, but he's a fun guy in the ring who could use a storyline and pop up as a WWE title contender now and again that's credible. Him, Sheamus and Cesaro could quite easily be pushed to that spot with development. All I want is for everyone on the show to have a reason to be on it, like they used to.

I want more off-site promos to show these guys in an environment that's not just a wrestling ring.

Show Cesaro doing unconventional workouts. Show him on the bike. Show him watching tape while eating a boiled chicken breast. And give him more of a backstory. "I've traveled the world looking to face the best. And the best are in the WWE." Straight up ROCKY that shit.

Show Sheamus overlooking a moor in Ireland. Have him talking to his "dad" or anyone about bringing pride back to his family name, his nation, or SOMETHING.

This is one area where TNA slaughters the WWE. At least they try to provide backstories.

I want more off-site promos to show these guys in an environment that's not just a wrestling ring.

Show Cesaro doing unconventional workouts. Show him on the bike. Show him watching tape while eating a boiled chicken breast. And give him more of a backstory. "I've traveled the world looking to face the best. And the best are in the WWE." Straight up ROCKY that shit.

Show Sheamus overlooking a moor in Ireland. Have him talking to his "dad" or anyone about bringing pride back to his family name, his nation, or SOMETHING.

This is one area where TNA slaughters the WWE. At least they try to provide backstories.

I recalled the Real Man's Man vignettes once I read that bolded part

kiguel182

Just dropping by to say that it bums me out that they are splitting the Wyatt family and that they never used them to their full potential.

They could've been bigger than they were if Cena wasn't so important for the company. Shame really.

Hopefully Bray Wyatt will still make something good with himself but I liked them all together.

Shield Vs Wyatts was one of the best matches of the year so far and just some of the best stuff WWE did this year overall.

Alucard

Banned
Just dropping by to say that it bums me out that they are splitting the Wyatt family and that they never used them to their full potential.

They could've been bigger than they were if Cena wasn't so important for the company. Shame really.

Hopefully Bray Wyatt will still make something good with himself but I liked them all together.

Shield Vs Wyatts was one of the best matches of the year so far and just some of the best stuff WWE did this year overall.

No disagreement here. Can't believe how badly Cena tainted The Wyatts, and Bray in particular. Dumb build to Mania, stupid kid in the cage finish, and...was it Payback with Cena burying him under some sound equipment? whatever it was, it sucked and made Bray look weaker.

Aiii

So not worth it
wwe-logo.png

Pinkify the Network logo... Come on WWE, why?

Alucard

Banned
Btw, EC3, Dean Ambrose, and Bo Dallas are easily the most interesting and constantly evolving characters in wrestling today.

Agree or disagree?

kiguel182

No disagreement here. Can't believe how badly Cena tainted The Wyatts, and Bray in particular. Dumb build to Mania, stupid kid in the cage finish, and...was it Payback with Cena burying him under some sound equipment? whatever it was, it sucked and made Bray look weaker.

Yup, it was at Payback.

It was just a waste that didn't accomplish anything but make Bray lose momentum. The reactions he had at the Rumble/Elimination Chamber/Mania were just wasted.

He still has time to recover but it was still a waste.

RP912

Banned
Smh the fact that TNA been pussyfooting with EC3 for the whole year makes me have no emotions towards the company.

Dude prints money but you have him feud with old ec dub veterans instead of having him go for some type of title.

sighs

Btw, EC3, Dean Ambrose, and Bo Dallas are easily the most interesting and constantly evolving characters in wrestling today.

Agree or disagree?

I would like to add John Cena to your list of constantly evolving white wrestlers.

To keep it fresh week in and week out for almost 10 years is quite the feat.

The problem with the whole upper mid card and below is that the majority of them don't really have any personality. Guys with potential end up being athletic face/heel and then some guys get a gimmick that makes them look goofy and never go past that one note.

The attitude era had shitty tv matches a lot of the time but you got a lot of character stuff and almost everyone had some sort of storyline or purpose going on.

RP912

Banned
The problem with the whole upper mid card and below is that the majority of them don't really have any personality. Guys with potential end up being athletic face/heel and then some guys get a gimmick that makes them look goofy and never go past that one note.

The attitude era had shitty tv matches a lot of the time but you got a lot of character stuff and almost everyone had some sort of storyline or purpose going on.

Now that my friends is a SHOOT.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi match from last years G1 is fucking unbelievable

RP912

Banned
I'm watching Bash at the Beach 95 and I just want to say I friggin hate Hogan for slowly ruining vader's career.

Top Bottom