• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

That whole ppv was a mindfuck to the tenth degree. The only good match throughout that PPV was Dustin Rhodes/Repo Man.

And they both got fired for it. At least it gave us Goldust. I always wondered what would have happened had he never left WCW and stayed as Dustin Rhodes forever.

More shootin'

I don't think Ziggler has it at all. I think he's completely over hyped, is only good at selling, and needs to thank Zack Ryder for even having a career.

Alucard

Banned

Sweet critical thinking and argumentation skills from this guy.

"ROH is fucking stupid. Do you know why? Because they're fucking stupid. Because I said so."

Begging the question fallacy and/or circular reasoning.

He then says they all look and act the same and have no charisma. Uhh...disagree completely. Hanson, Jay Lethal, RD Evans...three totally different builds and styles.

imBask

Banned
Buffy and Angel are shit, there's only one true show

tumblr_static_charmed.jpg

oh, you're one of them

gurudyne

More shootin'

I don't think Ziggler has it at all. I think he's completely over hyped, is only good at selling, and needs to thank Zack Ryder for even having a career.

Ricochetin'

I think you're half right. I think he's a little overhyped, good at bumping (mediocre to bad at selling), but he's got a good look and a physical charisma that puts him above other performers. He lacks the live mic skills necessary for the "it" spot, but if his creative had him doing more rehearsed backstage bits, he'd be a stronger, more memorable upper-midcarder than he is now.

If the WWE midcard existed, and he had a discernible gimmick, Ziggler would be fine. He was doomed the day to go with the name "Dolph Ziggler"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The thing is, I doubt Dolph has "it" in him to get to the top of the ladder and to be considered in the elite class. His character is what? "I jiggle and am a pseudo-playboy but not really." go the whole way with him and make him a womanizer ala Flair, or go the Mr. Perfect route and talk about his athletic prowess and list his achievements. Right now, what the hell does he "show off"?
Remember that time Dolph was gonna beat Rey for the US championship but then Rey said no, all the way back in 2009?

Remember that time Dolph cashed in to a huge pop back in 2013 and then Swagger concussed him?

The burnout is real.

Honestly it's not even right to talk about "it" in regards to character because most of "it" is in how far the booking will take someone in the WWE. We already know Ziggler can make anyone look good in the ring and he's a great worker, he did an excellent Sin Cara once too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'M NOT DONE SHOOTIN

All this "it" talk is bullshit

Ya'll say Roman Reigns don't got "it" but he's 2 steps from snatchin all yo belts, sellin' all the merch and stealin' your wives.

HIDE YO KIDS

HIDE YO WIFE

BELIEE THAT

9GFkl9L.gif

Ultratech

Ricochetin'

I think you're half right. I think he's a little overhyped, good at bumping (mediocre to bad at selling), but he's got a good look and a physical charisma that puts him above other performers. He lacks the live mic skills necessary for the "it" spot, but if his creative had him doing more rehearsed backstage bits, he'd be a stronger, more memorable upper-midcarder than he is now.

Yeah...kinda my opinion.

He's above average, but I don't think he's making it above upper midcard barring some random stuff.

(Or putting it another way, he's much better than Kofi, whose moveset is mostly "Jump really high and do stuff".)

kiguel182

Remember that time Dolph was gonna beat Rey for the US championship but then Rey said no, all the way back in 2009?

Remember that time Dolph cashed in to a huge pop back in 2013 and then Swagger concussed him?

The burnout is real.

Honestly it's not even right to talk about "it" in regards to character because most of "it" is in how far the booking will take someone in the WWE. We already know Ziggler can make anyone look good in the ring and he's a great worker, he did an excellent Sin Cara once too.

The pop he got when he cashed in and the reactions he gets all the time despite poor booking prove that he has tons of charisma and how people like him. He is also an all around solid performer.

Reigns is a charismatic dude for sure but I don't see the good performer side of him. He will still get over and do a ton of money.

strobogo

Banned
wwe-logo.png

Pinkify the Network logo... Come on WWE, why?

Your issue with WWE partnering with a breast cancer organization is pretty disgusting. Actually, your issues with women in general are disgusting and I hope you get those worked out. You are a gross person.

Vylash

the show build to the eventual stro vs Aiii Hell In A Cell match has been great, only a few more weeks to go

Yeah dolph's ship has sailed. I don't know, the midcard has a lot of image problems. I like The Miz but to see him on the same roster as the likes of Brock Lesnar, Reigns, Ambrose, even like Ryback and think that at a time he was main eventing ppvs against randy orton sounds like a fantasy. Most of the midcard goobers are in the same boat.

Course you couuullddd make other things to feud about meaningful, I don't think anyone cared that the TLC 6 weren't in many singles matches for the belts back when, but they'll never bother with that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If the NWO were around right now Sina would join them and defeat them from the inside. Actually he would probably just defeat from the outside.

strobogo

Banned
.......not sure if serious.

He is absolutely serious because he has a lot of fucked up woman issues. He made a post about how WWE shouldn't do the breast cancer thing and instead focus on men cancers. He's offended that WWE is partnering up with a breast cancer organization.

JavyOO7

Straight shootin' comin' up...

I find Dolph Ziggler uninteresting and boring, and I think people who say they like him can't admit that he has actually devolved and grown stagnant.

I think he's just whack. Very boring in the ring and his promo ability also makes me cringe as much as Sina. I guess his only saving grace, to me, is his theme song which is pretty cool I think.

Its one of the few instances where WWE has it right. He deserves to be where he is right now. Holding a nothing title.

Traitor.

Why are you no longer representing the Sination?
With my Network sub lapsing in 5 days(!) and my tv situation not being ideal, my only connection to This Business is the Steve Austin Show. Free of charge, gang.

What?

I said it's free.

H-what?

I said it's gratis up in this mug!

Fox318

He is absolutely serious because he has a lot of fucked up woman issues. He made a post about how WWE shouldn't do the breast cancer thing and instead focus on men cancers. He's offended that WWE is partnering up with a breast cancer organization.

NJEPnsn.jpg

Yikes. I assume "King of the Ring" is either Payback or Money in the Bank.

Given the payoffs for the first PPVs after WrestleMania with the new formula are in (Extreme Rules and King of the Ring), the payoffs were described to me as “really bad,” which says that talent is getting paid based on PPV revenue and getting nothing extra from all the PPV revenue that has been eliminated based on starting the network. There are a few people who are being taken care of and a few who have deals in place that guard against this happening to them, but rank and file, that’s not the case.

Top Bottom