• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I haven't resubbed to the Network yet, but I don't really miss it. That's probably due to the product on TV being really bad. It isn't making me want to watch more wrestling.

I waited a month before re-upping, since even though I rarely watch anything on TV these days, I still like to check out the PPVs, past and present. Need to get caught up on NXT, too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's a lot of underappreciated things about Chris Masters. Like when he came back and way a way better performer and his music. Too bad he got stuck with the pec thing, I don't know how Vince didn't want to push that guy to the moon other than the botched first attempt. And he did polish hammers, and I love polish hammers. And I loved the Masterlock too.
tumblr_mjznutDksy1rg89a6o2_400.jpg

He also ripped a tree out of the ground to save his mom. See, if NJPW wanted gaijins, he'd be a much better choice imo.

bjork

Fandom secrets tumblrs are literally the worst thing.

Ask profiles are 1000 times worse. They shit up any tag remotely related to the subject and it's like "this is my fan-made Sonic friend, Fuckface the Badger!" and people send questions like they're some industry insider. Fuck. Go outside!

Anyway, my two cents on the network: Ads were inevitable, and on the old shows they should be inserted wherever the breaks were during said show. Or they could just get the ads that originally aired and run those instead. Like if you were watching 1994 Raw and ads for Silk Stalkings on USA came on? Sign me up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Holy shit lolololol.

And Naito can stick it. If you wanna push a new champ it can be Suzuki, Anderson, Shibata, or Ishii.

Giving Ishii the title would be like giving 2012 Zack Ryder the title. And Anderson ain't ever winning the title no matter how promising a title reign consisting of long, awkward movements to set up a cutter and outside interference sounds.

RP912

Banned
There's a lot of underappreciated things about Chris Masters. Like when he came back and way a way better performer and his music. Too bad he got stuck with the pec thing, I don't know how Vince didn't want to push that guy to the moon other than the botched first attempt. And he did polish hammers, and I love polish hammers. And I loved the Masterlock too.
tumblr_mjznutDksy1rg89a6o2_400.jpg

He also ripped a tree out of the ground to save his mom. See, if NJPW wanted gaijins, he'd be a much better choice imo.

Chris Masters not being the the modern day Lex Luger hurts so much. Dude was really an underrated performer and a good guy outside of the wrasslin.

I think the only reason Tana got the belt is for that WK main and to drop it to Okada. They must've not had enough confidence in AJ/Okada, for reasons unknown.

The Yokohama Arena show was a bit of a misstep, I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't help AJ's case.

Oh, are we not giving people belts because of fan reaction? That's funny because Tanahashi just won the belt. Who gets booed more than any other face.

Last time Tanahashi was consistently booed was during his year-long title reign, if he's booed now it's because he wants to be - usually because he's against an underdog face like Naito, Ishii or Honma and knows it wont hurt his popularity to taunt them, mock their mannerisms and generally be a dick, drawing boos. He was obscenely over at KoPW today, moreso than Okada or anyone else on the card, and the Sumo Hall crowd was often very unkind to Tanahashi in the past.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last time Tanahashi was consistently booed was during his year-long title reign, if he's booed now it's because he wants to be - usually because he's against an underdog face like Naito, Ishii or Honma and knows it wont hurt his popularity to taunt them, mock their mannerisms and generally be a dick, drawing boos. He was obscenely over at KoPW today, moreso than Okada or anyone else on the card, and the Sumo Hall crowd was often very unkind to Tanahashi in the past.

The people you're citing are, other than Naito himself, the people who cause Naito to be booed. It's the internet darlings of Japan, so I don't see how that's any different. Just like no one can cite 'the fans turned on Naito' when he wrestles Nakamura because Tanahashi will also get booed if he wrestles Nakamura.

The people you're citing are, other than Naito himself, the people who cause Naito to be booed. It's the internet darlings of Japan, so I don't see how that's any different.

Let's not forget that Naito was one of those same internet darlings before they attempted to give him the Tanahashi push - I still maintain they should've let him show more aggression towards Tanahashi and not been such a generic, douchey face. Okada probably should've worked heel with him as well, but, y'know, he is the chosen one.

somedevil

Some news on the upcoming Raws from the Observer:

As of earlier today (and this can all change), plans for tonight include Randy Orton challenging the loser of John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose for a Hell in a Cell match on 10/26 in Dallas. The Nikki vs. Brie PPV match that will be announced on the show tonight is scheduled that the loser must be the personal assistant to the winner. As of a few hours ago, the Cena vs. Ambrose match was being moved from the PPV to next week's Go-Home Raw in Kansas City, with the it will enable them to directly promote all the matches on the show for five days as opposed to a PPV with questions regarding the top matches.

So the guy on Reddit was right so far though I don't see Nikki vs Brie being in a Cell. So they are giving a PPV match on Raw next week.

Reason Willie Mack was released:

Willie Mack was let go by WWE before he started over medical or physical test results. He was let go a few days ago

Wonder what the WWE found.

Vince saw the ratings for the season premiere of walking dead.

There will now be a zombie in every corner. Also he is considering bringing back the zombie gimmick for zack ryder and possibly a special appearance from the YETTAY

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince saw the ratings for the season premiere of walking dead.

There will now be a zombie in every corner. Also he is considering bringing back the zombie gimmick for zack ryder and possibly a special appearance from the YETTAY

You're assuming Vince keeps up with modern television. He's usually about three or four years behind on that shit.

You're assuming Vince keeps up with modern television. He's usually about three or four years behind on that shit.

You know he sees the ratings. He might not have a clue what the walking dead is but he damn sure knows it just crushed in the ratings.

"How the hell did AMC get 17.4 million viewers? I thought they only showed old movies?"

Walkig dead beat out football

If there was ever proof positive of genre television series taking back the airwaves, it's this: AMC has revealed via press release that the season five premiere of "The Walking Dead" reached 17.3 million viewers -- 11 million in the coveted 18-49 demographic -- beating everything else in its slot, including Sunday Night Football. "The Walking Dead" beat Sunday Night Football by 2.5 million viewers in the 18-49 demo.

which is crazy bracuse evryone i talk to about Walking dead hates the show

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good news, friends. WWE 2k15(registered) will be available for pre-load. I hope there's a dope John Cena installing screen.

Walkig dead beat out football

which is crazy bracuse evryone i talk to about Walking dead hates the show

The game was a blowout and it was the season premiere of a show that does damn good every episode in the ratings. It crushed football which is the surprising part to me I figured it'd be much closer.

Top Bottom