• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have no idea why WWE went with KENTA over Shibata. Shibata is basically KENTA's cooler older brother who's not so short.

Ithil

Caught up on the New Japan show. Can't believe they had Tanahashi take the belt off of AJ. I'm sure Okada and Tanahashi will have a great match, but the entire Bullet Club story was built to be conquered by Okada. He was the one AJ screwed out of the belt, so it should have been him to finally end AJ's reign. Just doesn't make any sense for it to be Tanahashi.

They need to sell a WK main event, and while the story makes more sense for AJ vs Okada, AJ is still pretty new, he wouldn't be a big draw like Tanahashi vs Okada would be.
It's not like Wrestlemania where it's sold out way in advance based on it being Wrestlemania. Wrestle Kingdom is a big show and the January 4 Dome Show has been a traditions for decades, but still, they need to have a big attraction as the main event.
It's the same reason Tanahashi vs Nakamura main evented last year for the number two title. Now, they didn't do a good job of building up Naito, but even so, Naito/Okada is nowhere near as a big a match to the public (and they have 30k plus seats to sell in the Tokyo Dome). This is probably going to be Tanahashi's last reign with the belt and his official passing the torch to Okada as the new Ace, so as a "sequel" to their WK match in 2013 and possibility a finale to their rivalry, it is still a good story.

I just hope AJ is in one of the top matches. He's been terrific in NJPW so far. I'd say he probably ought to turn face soon enough, no one really boos him unless he's doing some overt heel shenanigans, since he's such a spectacular wrestler.

strobogo

Banned
n2sJTla.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
I have no idea why WWE went with KENTA over Shibata. Shibata is basically KENTA's cooler older brother who's not so short.

Remember KENTA was seeking them, not the other way around. Also we're still not sure if Shibata feels strongly enough about wrestling anymore to go overseas for a full-time gig with the WWE.

somedevil

Caught up on the New Japan show. Can't believe they had Tanahashi take the belt off of AJ. I'm sure Okada and Tanahashi will have a great match, but the entire Bullet Club story was built to be conquered by Okada. He was the one AJ screwed out of the belt, so it should have been him to finally end AJ's reign. Just doesn't make any sense for it to be Tanahashi.

Well the news says that New Japan is studying WWE like adding there version of axxess before the January 4th show.

So for this decision they are stealing Vince's idea when they are in doubt that Okada vs AJ will draw then just put the title on there version of John Cena.

Okada vs Tanahashi will be great but Okada won't get his revenge and it will a similar Main Event. If you looked since 2008 Tanahashi has main evented 7 out of 8 Tokyo dome shows.

JavyOO7

I don't watch NJPW at all but the powers that be should have just let AJ keep the belt until that big show they got. He loses it to Okada in a great match and everyone goes home happy...

somedevil

I don't watch NJPW at all but the powers that be should have just let AJ keep the belt until that big show they got. He loses it to Okada in a great match and everyone goes home happy...

It makes sense but New Japan has one booking mentality the WWE has is that AJ might not be a draw so put the title on there John Cena who has main evented the last 7 out 8 Jan 4 Dome shows who draws. Hell he main evented more than Cena who done 5 out 9 since his first Wrestlemania in 2006.

So they just played it safe instead of playing out a storyline with a logical conclusion.

Zach

A quick ad before a 3 hour video doesn't really seem like a big deal. As long as ads don't interrupt shows, which they said they won't, I don't have a problem with it. In fact, it seems silly NOT to have ads before videos.

It wouldn't be so bad (I still think it's bad) if I didn't have to see the two disclaimers before practically every video I watch.

Zach

¡HarlequinPanic!;134168402 said:
Does Sting ever get mad at all in WCW before Crow/is he even that mad then?

"What's going on between you and lex luger, sting?"

"Awwwww come on, Mean Gene!"

He just went crazy on Luger on one of the Nitros before Uncensored. He had him, like, cornered in the ring and was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WHAT WAS THAT?! YOU BETTER NOT DO THIS CRAP! IT'S NOT RIGHT!" It was kinda weird.

strobogo

Banned
It wouldn't be so bad (I still think it's bad) if I didn't have to see the two disclaimers before practically every video I watch.

I haven't seen any disclaimers on any VOD stuff. Just the ratings. Occasionally I'll stick on the live stream for a few seconds and there are disclaimers for Total Divas/Legends House and Attitude Era/ECW stuff, but those disclaimers are not part of the VOD versions.

He just went crazy on Luger on one of the Nitros before Uncensored. He had him, like, cornered in the ring and was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WHAT WAS THAT?! YOU BETTER NOT DO THIS CRAP! IT'S NOT RIGHT!" It was kinda weird.

ibgdeD6OG2skBd.gif

Zach

I haven't seen any disclaimers on any VOD stuff. Just the ratings. Occasionally I'll stick on the live stream for a few seconds and there are disclaimers for Total Divas/Legends House and Attitude Era/ECW stuff, but those disclaimers are not part of the VOD versions.

ibgdeD6OG2skBd.gif

I see the disclaimer all the time. Maybe because of all the Benoit in WCW. Regardless, I think you should be able to turn off disclaimers/ratings in your account settings. It's the worst.

And yeah, that was the moment with Sting/Luger... heh...

strobogo

Banned
I see the disclaimer all the time. Maybe because of all the Benoit in WCW. Regardless, I think you should be able to turn off disclaimers/ratings in your account settings. It's the worst.

And yeah, that was the moment with Sting/Luger... heh...

I haven't seen a single disclaimer for any show with Benoit. Not once. Not even ones on live stream. The only Benoit related quirk I've seen on any WWE/WCW/ECW show with him is leaving his matches unnamed on the shows that have time marks.

tm24

I heard Gabe made a pretty damn good counter offer and doesn't involve always wrestling I Resida.

Willie Mack tended to stay on the west coast because he liked it that way. He even went down to Mexico plenty of times. Lucha Underground is probably getting an offer ready

Zach

I haven't seen a single disclaimer for any show with Benoit. Not once. Not even ones on live stream. The only Benoit related quirk I've seen on any WWE/WCW/ECW show with him is leaving his matches unnamed on the shows that have time marks.

What device(s) are you using? I mostly use my PS4.

AJ/Okada would've been fucking awesome, but they can save that for another show. Especially if AJ might be bailing (though I doubt this). Okada/Tana has history and makes sense to go with that as the main, and I'm assuming Okada Rainmaker's the shit out of him for his final revenge.

Or how about... Not Tanahashi, Okada, or Nakamura. Crazy talk, I know.

They tried with Naito and failed. Though it really burns me that Anderson didn't get that G1 that Okada won. He was super over as a face.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's because jobbers who do a monocle taunt don't deserve the strap

...And also I think he was going to get the title before fan reaction sunk him

Oh, are we not giving people belts because of fan reaction? That's funny because Tanahashi just won the belt. Who gets booed more than any other face. And if we want to use the old 'shit load of merch' line, guess who's almost always in the top 5 merch sellers on NJPW's shop website?
It's Tetsuya Naito

How he consistently remains over with NJPW's recent booking is a god damn mystery.

Oh, are we not giving people belts because of fan reaction? That's funny because Tanahashi just won the belt. Who gets booed more than any other face. And if we want to use the old 'shit load of merch' line, guess who's almost always in the top 5 merch sellers on NJPW's shop website?
It's Tetsuya Naito

Dragonplz don't yell at me I'm your frie-*is Batista Bombed*

I think the only reason Tana got the belt is for that WK main and to drop it to Okada. They must've not had enough confidence in AJ/Okada, for reasons unknown. RE: Merch, ya, I dunno. But when they switched the WK main last year, it didn't look good for him.

NJPW is weird. They do the dumbest shit sometimes.

Are there any rumblings of this?

His deal is only for a year, IIRC. But he clearly loves working there. This is probably his best year wrestling wise.

I like how all NJPW discussion stopped thanks to Sunny's fucking terrifying Tumblr photo.

Good god. That's real creepy. People are weird.

Aiii

So not worth it
Apparently because of this Susan G. Komen bs today is #NoBraDay.

Steph. Please. Honor this day for the cause.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Nope, that's bullshit perpetuated by horny men. Something like that does absolutely nothing for breast cancer in any way, and it just a way for males to wrest control of breast cancer and make it something titillating for them.

Stamp that shit out Aiii!

Aiii

So not worth it
Nope, that's bullshit perpetuated by horny men. Something like that does absolutely nothing for breast cancer in any way, and it just a way for males to wrest control of breast cancer and make it something titillating for them.

Stamp that shit out Aiii!

Is it? Well that is disappointing, I almost would have watched Raw this week.

strobogo

Banned

You're fucking gross. What the fuck is wrong with you? You know what isn't BS or funny? Breast cancer. I've never seen someone in my entire life who bitches so much about breast cancer awareness/support/research.

Top Bottom