• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Fox318

VqXK8HL.png

Cagey

Banned
You are getting the match the internet fans have clamored for since this feud started and Cena is out of the picture and you still complain. This caps off a Raw that was almost all wrestling.

This community is determined to not enjoy ANYTHING.
All wrestling for three hours with little to nothing on the line and the 75th repeat of matches is boring as fuck. This is a television show, not a house show. Seth and Ambrose as a feud isn't all that interesting.

I think I watched 14 minutes of a 3 hour show.

There's precious little that moves the interest needle. It's not even bad, it's just immensely boring.

At least Rusev and Lana keep delivering.

Alucard

Banned
The Ambrose/Rollins feud definitely feels like it's cooled off now and it's largely due to Cena being inserted into the middle of it. Fuck that guy and his limelight hogging ass.

RP912

Banned
You are getting the match the internet fans have clamored for since this feud started and Cena is out of the picture and you still complain. This caps off a Raw that was almost all wrestling.

This community is determined to not enjoy ANYTHING.

I'm satisfied with the results. It just seems stupid to have a "contract on the pole" match almost close to the time Raw is over. Its understandable because god forbid cena actually lays down for a three count or lose clean without bullshit in the way. Other than that I'm looking forward to Hell in the Cell. Hell I'm looking forward to Cena/Orton pt. 2002- Electric Boogaloo too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vader's gimmick is pretty good. Screaming and breaking stuff via punching vending machines and walls and screaming more.

Fox318

All wrestling for three hours with little to nothing on the line is boring as fuck. This is a television show, not a house show. Seth and Ambrose as a feud isn't all that interesting.

I think I watched 14 minutes of a 3 hour show.

There's precious little that moves the interest needle. It's not even bad, it's just immensely boring.

Don't forget:
  • the reused Wyatt promos
  • USA Network show plugs that don't match the audience
  • constant ego stroking for Vince by remidning viewers that arenas make more on wrestlemania than during a regular season baseball game
  • Divas storylines that are based off of another show that most of the fanbase doesn't watch
  • Except for the Divas belt every belt holder lost but retained their title
  • WWE champion is in to busy sleeping than to be bothered to show up at a show.

Orton's going over Cena so that they can build Orton vs Lesnar for Survivor Series right?

Cause that shit better happen. But yeah you never know with Cena.

Ithil

What went wrong with the Ambrose/Rollins feud was months of angles and matches (all without a final conclusion and win for Ambrose) got negated because suddenly Cena's supposedly got an equal vendetta and obsession with beating Rollins because Rollins cost him one match (as opposed to you know, betraying Ambrose and breaking up the Shield).

So of course Cena gets inserted into the feud and not only that but his supposed grievances are given equal status to Ambrose's, which just trivializes Ambrose's blood feud with Rollins.

Get far away from Cena, and never look back.

What went wrong with the Ambrose/Rollins feud was months of angles and matches (all without a final conclusion and win for Ambrose) got negated because suddenly Cena's supposedly got an equal vendetta and obsession with beating Rollins because Rollins cost him one match (as opposed to you know, betraying Ambrose and breaking up the Shield).

So of course Cena gets inserted into the feud and not only that but his supposed grievances are given equal status to Ambrose's, which just trivializes Ambrose's blood feud with Rollins.

Lol so on point. Cena always has to suck heat from any up and comer that Cena fears might take his spot. He was doing the same with Reigns.

Alucard

Banned

I want to like the guy, and I've defended him in the past, but the past two years have been insufferable with Cena's insertion into every meaningful act and him giving "the rub" aka the kiss of prolonged death.

RP912

Banned
Man Orton/Lesnar sounds so good right now. I'm officially a Orton Mark. He progressed so well over the year and put over talent left and right. I'm going out of the whim and say I don't mind another Orton title reign.

449716.gif

Alucard

Banned
Acts that Cena has shittified or tainted over the years:

-Nexus/Barrett
-Ryback
-Sandow
-Ryder
-Wyatt
-Reigns (more the fault of creative?)
-Ambrose

I guess he sorta/kinda elevated Cesaro, and he definitely elevated Bryan and Lesnar, both at Summerslam...though the NoC Brock match was dumb.

Ithil

I think the only person Cena has ever put over with no bullshit was Daniel Bryan. Even with Punk, we had plenty of bullshit promos like that "The WWE title is irrelevant when you have it because I'm booked higher on the card and that's your fault somehow!". With Bryan there was no "goatface" comments, or anything, he put him over as a serious contender, lost clean as a whistle to him at Summerslam, and never got his win back.

Everyone else gets these backhanded compliments at best, or these semi-sarcastic "Let's give it up for _____" type promos.

100% correct

Sephzilla

Amen.

Cena ruins whatever he touches these days.

Fox318

-Nexus/Barrett
-Ryback
-Sandow
-Ryder
-Wyatt
-Ambrose

I guess he sorta/kinda elevated Cesaro, and he definitely elevated Bryan and Lesnar, both at Summerslam...though the NoC Brock match was dumbm

Cena must have a hogan like clause in his contract about creative control.

Sephzilla

-Nexus/Barrett
-Ryback
-Sandow
-Ryder
-Wyatt
-Ambrose

I guess he sorta/kinda elevated Cesaro, and he definitely elevated Bryan and Lesnar, both at Summerslam...though the NoC Brock match was dumb.

-CM Punk's year long title reign
-People Power!
-Twice in a Lifetime
-ADR's gimmick

I think Daniel Bryan should be on that list too. He got his title match at SS against Cena, went over, immediately dropped the belt to Orton, and then they tried to phase him out in favor of goddamn Big Show. Then Bryan spends half a year being over as fuck and clawing his way into the WM30 main event, only to get injured a month later.

Cena's kiss of death is strong.

RP912

Banned
Lesnar's not coming back until January. They wasted his appearance on that crappy match with Cena.

You know whats so sad about this statement is how Lesnar being used like a instant buyrate Monopoly card. People talk shit about the Rock holding the belt for ransom but Lesnar have the belt giving demands over the phone. I love Bork but what's the point of Seth having the briefcase if he can't friggin put effort into cashing it. I bet Vince is kicking his shins now at that Hollywood Hogan contract he gave brock.

If the WWE was smart they would put more strength in the IC belt since the main title is on hiatus....but that would make Ziggler a main event player in the process which seems like a big no no to booking.

Alucard

Banned
Ithil is spitting truth tonight. Sometimes, main events like tonight breed contempt, but they can also create clarity of thought.

Cena is a shit disturber in the worst goddamn sense.

Alucard

Banned
-People Power!
-Twice in a Lifetime

I think Daniel Bryan should be on that list too. He got his title match at SS against Cena, went over, immediately dropped the belt to Orton, and then they tried to phase him out in favor of goddamn Big Show. Then Bryan spends half a year being over as fuck and clawing his way into the WM30 main event, only to get injured a month later.

Twice in a lifetime...the same thing Bret and Shawn were supposed to do with Mania 12 and 13, but Shawn pussy-footed out of it.

Not the same thing exactly, but yeah.

Punk was not the number one guy even when he was champion. That whole "Cena had the worst year of his career" bullshit in 2013 was godawful.

Alucard

Banned
-People Power!
-Twice in a Lifetime
-ADR's gimmick

Conspiracy theory:

Cena is paying off Bryan's doctors to keep pushing back his return date, and Cena had them put something in Bryan's meds so that the strength in his arm wouldn't come back right away either.

DAMN YOU, JOHN.

RP912

Banned
I think Cena is so set in his old ways that he doesn't even care no more. If I was a wrestler whose getting recognition from the fans and creative pairs me with Cena to elevate the storyline....i would find someway to get out of that contract if I got to go nuts on twitter. I'll take my chances jobbing to Khali....atleast I'll have a piece of mind afterwards :/.

Kaladin

Fuck 2k! I'm not buying their piece of shit PS3 version of WWE 2k15, and you shouldn't either.

I pulled this from the Amazon product listings, hadn't notice this before:

All-New MyCAREER Mode: For the first time ever, take your custom Superstar through an unprecedented and authentic WWE career spanning countless hours of gameplay. From NXT to RAW, make your way up to the WWE Championship and live the life of a real WWE Superstar. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 only.

Gameplay Enhancements: WWE 2K15 will significantly improve the core gameplay experience through key additions and improvements designed to elevate the franchise now and into the future. By using new motion capture technology, 2K15 includes five times more new animations than any WWE game before. Combined with a brand-new chain wrestling system, WWE 2K15 will take the drama and adrenaline of a WWE match to new heights?just like on WWE TV; Xbox One and PlayStation 4 only

No career mode and no gameplay enhancements. It's pretty much confirmed you get last year's game with the new 2k showcase mode.

I knew something was up when they didn't delay the last gen versions.

Fuck that.

I love people saying "THIS COMMUNITY HATES EVERYTHING GOOD" after an event that just had a pole match in 2014 and is leading to a PPV co-mained by Cena/Orton in 2014

yeah, a lot of good there. totally

yea but what about when Cena tossed him aside for Redd Dogg
Haha, forgot about that dude
Fuck 2k! I'm not buying their piece of shit PS3 version of WWE 2k15, and you shouldn't either.

No career mode and no gameplay enhancements. It's pretty much confirmed you get last year's game with the new 2k showcase mode.

Fuck that.
Shouldn't really be surprised I guess, it's basically a roster patch as same as the older gen NBA this season.

Fuck that.

You should've known better man.

1999? Past their prime!

Haven't seen this before, will give it a go.

Fuck that.

let us wait and pray fora PC version.

If Cena can ruin things just by showing up, then I guess your precious new stars just aren't that good. Steve Austin would've got over, by Cena, Dusty Rhodes would've. The Rock would've. Because they have actual charisma and star presence. Not just a chant just as or more over than they are.

Fuck that.

It's funny because you said you were still going to buy it.

Top Bottom