• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I wish Ambrose would have smacked the smirk off Cena's face during that opening promo. Cena is terrible on the microphone when he doesn't feel threatened for his main event. Austin is right, WWE is lacking on talent and needs to fill out their roster with new wrestlers; regardless if they are NXT call-ups or bringing back old stars or TNA wrestlers, WWE is thin.

Fuck 2k! I'm not buying their piece of shit PS3 version of WWE 2k15, and you shouldn't either.

I pulled this from the Amazon product listings, hadn't notice this before:

No career mode and no gameplay enhancements. It's pretty much confirmed you get last year's game with the new 2k showcase mode.

I knew something was up when they didn't delay the last gen versions.

Fuck that.

I haven't bothered with that series in 2 years and it's probably the best decision I've made with my wallet in a while. Yukes doesn't deserve it because they won't actually fix anything and 2K's fine with that. Come next year's release it'll be back to normal on PS4/Bone and everybody will either be hoping the next one is better or hoping Fire Pro returns

Fuck 2k! I'm not buying their piece of shit PS3 version of WWE 2k15, and you shouldn't either.

I pulled this from the Amazon product listings, hadn't notice this before:

No career mode and no gameplay enhancements. It's pretty much confirmed you get last year's game with the new 2k showcase mode.

I knew something was up when they didn't delay the last gen versions.

Fuck that.

i mean....it's the PS3 version though. You shouldn't be buying that anyway, it's 2014. You're better off not playing the game at all if you can't access the current gen version.

Actually, you're better off not playing it even if you CAN access the current gen version. Go play a good game.

ilahc1dvFcrnr.gif

If Cena can ruin things just by showing up, then I guess your precious new stars just aren't that good. Steve Austin would've got over, by Cena, Dusty Rhodes would've. The Rock would've. Because they have actual charisma and star presence. Not just a chant just as or more over than they are.

lol @ anyone getting over in this WWE creative system.

You're a funny guy, JesseEwiak. You amuse me.

TL21xx

Banned
So I tried reversing Bray's speech from the promo. They did more than just a standard reverse, trying to figure out what exactly they did, but I have a feeling they chopped things up a bit as well.

EDIT: Sounds like there's at least two speeches running in parallel and tripping over each other. If it were a true stereo file with each speech in its own channel, this would be a non-issue, but unfortunately, it's got both speeches at the same levels in both channels, effectively making it a mono track. More effort than its worth to decipher in my opinion, but I'm sure someone with more time and experience will decode it soon enough.

strobogo

Banned
Dracula Untold is dumb as shit. It's right in that dead zone of missing so bad its good, good, and so bad its bad. It's just...nothing.

zychi

Banned
Man Orton/Lesnar sounds so good right now. I'm officially a Orton Mark. He progressed so well over the year and put over talent left and right. I'm going out of the whim and say I don't mind another Orton title reign.

449716.gif
Orton title reigns are fun, until its cena v orton part 63.

strobogo

Banned
So what was the post-credits universe building scene?

It was pre-post credits universe building. Dracula walks around in the modern day and finds a woman who looks just like his dead wife. Then Tywin Lanister also appears (he's the vampire who gave Dracula his super powers) and he got a toupee in the intervening 700 years. It was more sequel hook than universe building. Idk, I didn't see Woof Man or I'm Frankenstein.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I discovered this October that the Werewolf/Wolf man concept is probably my favorite horror movie monster. Especially the Wolf man regeneration scene in Monster Squad. And the original movies. Curse of the Werewolf is dope.

strobogo

Banned
I discovered this October that the Werewolf/Wolf man concept is probably my favorite horror movie monster. Especially the Wolf man regeneration scene in Monster Squad. And the original movies. Curse of the Werewolf is dope.

OG Woof Man is indeed dope. I think the Frankensteiner series is definitely the best of classic Universal Horror. Actually, I think Frankensteiner is the best in the Hammer movies as well. I don't think I've seen any Dracula movie that I've liked. The Mummy was basically the same script and was way better than Dracula. But Universal Frankensteiner is where it's at. Bride of Frankensteiner is pretty much the template for every sequel ever.

Conspiracy theory:

Cena is paying off Bryan's doctors to keep pushing back his return date, and Cena had them put something in Bryan's meds so that the strength in his arm wouldn't come back right away either.

DAMN YOU, JOHN.

John Cena cut the brake lines on Magnum T.A.'s car.

Yeah, I stole that line from Steve Corino's best heel promo in ECW, but it seems appropriate here.

DMczaf

Im watching Diesel's promo on the Raw before Summerslam 95 on WWE Network...this shit sounds just like Roman Reign's interview from last week.

Vince, stop it. You don't learn shit from history.

Im watching Diesel's promo on the Raw before Summerslam 95 on WWE Network...this shit sounds just like Roman Reign's interview from last week.

Vince, stop it. You don't learn shit from history.

The Reigns push is Triple H's thing. Sure, Vince is signing off on the whole thing, but Reigns has always been Triple H's pick.

strobogo

Banned
I enjoyed the portrayal of vampire powers at least, made that stuff look pretty cool.

I mean, it's well made. It isn't like it's a shitty SYFY movie with boom mics in scenes and terrible CGI. It's definitely a competently made film. The acting is fine and for the most part, the dialogue is fine. It's the kind of movie where you zone out while watching and don't really remember much about when it's over. There are a lot of dumb moments, mostly surrounding the inconsistency of sunlight, but it's not like you'd watch it and think, "This is fucking terrible". It's just....fluff. It feels like a movie you've seen 100 times. If feels like something that would air 6 times in a weekend on TNT.

If Cena can ruin things just by showing up, then I guess your precious new stars just aren't that good. Steve Austin would've got over, by Cena, Dusty Rhodes would've. The Rock would've. Because they have actual charisma and star presence. Not just a chant just as or more over than they are.

It really isn't cena's fault. it's creative as a whole and the way the entire program is booked. cena is used poorly but really most of the powerful babyfaces they book these days can't get anyone over. shaemus fucking sucks but they decided if he can't make it in the main event being a cena clone he will be the midcard version of cena. reigns is being groomed to replace cena. bryan is replacing cm punk as the guy that holds over teenage boy fans and smarks too old to still be watching wrestling.

really the only periods of time wrestling has been amazing is when the story deviated a bit from the typical predictable format of good/bad and encompassed other possibilities of other things happening and why it was happening other than "just cause it's good/bad." they've had quite a few opportunities to run with more compelling stories and work with different talent but they've chosen to keep the company centered around their hogan clone, cena.

this is just how they want wrestling to be right now. I think they plan to sell the company soon or see a certain market growing up and staying with them for many more years to come. who knows?

Top Bottom