• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Aiii

So not worth it
GIVE ME ENGLISH COMMENTARY NEW JAPAN.

DO IT.

Just cancel GWF, New Japan has plenty of Gaijins anyways, just put that on PPV and act as American recruiter and promoter Double J. Alternate major PPV's between US and Japan.

Jamie OD

Yo, if they can get English commentary, especially if it involves JR, I'm so down.

I've really soured on JR this year because of his podcasts. He comes off as so out of touch and I'm convinced he would hate a lot of New Japan's style of wrestling. Sure, he'll probably dig guys like Minoru Suzuki and Hiroshi Tanahashi but I think he would just sound so out of place announcing a New Japan show. And I mean that just as much for him doing proper play-by-play as well as the "Bah Gawd Almighty!" stuff.

Can't wait for "For the love of god, slow it down. SLOW IT DOWN!" during the jr. tag match. JR's fine for reactions, but I'd rather they had someone else do play-by-play, hell, even Tenay would be preferable and he's at least fairly knowledgeable about Japanese wrestling.

Browny

Banned
Can't wait for "For the love of god, slow it down. SLOW IT DOWN!" during the jr. tag match. JR's fine for reactions, but I'd rather they had someone else do play-by-play, hell, even Tenay would be preferable and he's at least fairly knowledgeable about Japanese wrestling.

Imagine JR describing this...

Jarrett.gif

"SONOFABITCH! Dammit Jeff, he was your friend!!! Is there no justice?"

darkbanjo

What if Global Force is just an agreement for several promotions from outside the US to air shows in the US under one brand? The concept of Jarrett making NJPW/AAA/maybe even some UK promotion easier to watch, as well as the possibility of an interpromotional working relationship is so much more appealing that TNA 2.0.

Hasney

What if Global Force is just an agreement for several promotions from outside the US to air shows in the US under one brand? The concept of Jarrett making NJPW/AAA/maybe even some UK promotion easier to watch, as well as the possibility of an interpromotional working relationship is so much more appealing that TNA 2.0.

And it's really all just a front so Jeff can get one of these pics:

600full-ultimo-dragon.jpg

i forgot... Who was suppose to be originally the person under the hood? I know originally it wasnt mcmahon

Foley, but he turned it down due to not wanting to turn heel without any real buildup and because he didn't think he could do a feud with Austin justice.

bjork

i forgot... Who was suppose to be originally the person under the hood? I know originally it wasnt mcmahon

all the newz sites were going crazy with that storyline. It's gonna be Jake Roberts! It's gonna be Shane Douglas! It's gonna be Honky Tonk Man! Pretty much anyone you could think of, under contract or not. I was kinda surprised when it was Vince, but aside from the infamous clip of him taking the hood off, it felt like some last minute change for something that fell through.

Gonzalez

Banned
I guess you hated the entire Rock and Stone Cold era too. Because thats 90% of their crowd interactions.

The only time it was really bad was the fake beer bath. That was in the "What Would You Do?" range of the Marc Summers Game Show Scale.

Aiii

So not worth it
OH MY GOD.

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE!!!

gnwrestling on f4w boardsd said:
Hulk Hogan's Japanese EP is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbyb_KnsMkw

Highlights include:

-Hulk's surprisingly fruity Snagglepuss-esque singing voice.
-His new-wave bass sound on the gentle instrumental 'NIGHT HOME'
-Being accompanied by the 'Itch Band'
-The non-rhyming lyrics and general use of non-sequiturs throughout.
-Terry's cheeky "Sayonara" to end the album.

Tracklist: 1. Ichiban 2. Axboomba 3. NIGHT HOME 4. You've Got To Leave

As found from this great review in today's daily update.

86482412fc0fcdc21fc3ffedc150fe13.jpg

Carnby

I don't know why you guise complained about this OT's quality. It's just a post that we all reply to. That's it.

You're all lucky I'm not making next month's OT. It would be one sentence. "Post comments about wrestling in here"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So that's where Prince stole the bass strings for the Batman album song "Trust" from.

Far and away the best song in any Batman movie. Goddamn what a soundtrack THAT one was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk - the music in Dark Knight and TDKR sucks. Begins is okay though.

I don't remember any music at all from any of those three overrated, boring-ass movies.

Then again, when your competition is U2, Seal, and more...you're better off not trying.

Sephzilla

I don't remember any music at all from any of those three overrated, boring-ass movies.

Then again, when your competition is U2, Seal, and more...you're better off not trying.

I think the sequels try to go kind of a minimalist route and have very subtle basic tracks. Batman Begins actually has good music to go with its scenes - which is part of the reason it's the best of the Nolan movies. I like the Nolan movies for the most part, I just think people really overlook that Dark Knight has some fairly big flaws.

joelseph

NXT AND SSB43ds tonight, doesn't get much better than that. Except maybe no work tomorrow, should have taken the day off, dammit.

Browny

Banned
We haven't had a Legit Shook search term update for a while... 2 days into NWOctober - should be good reading?

Aiii

So not worth it
I have never been able to get into Super Smash Bros.

It's just so... I wanna say boring, but it's not really boring, it's just... The game doesn't appeal to me at all, it's completely uninteresting to me.

Kind of like CoD and Halo and the like, I suppose... No fucks are given.

Now, Driveclub, that's something I can get hyped about:
https://mediacru.sh/UItzyPYLrFhZ/frame

Vylash

Tonight's NXT matches:

NXT Women's Championship: Charlotte vs Bayley

The Vaudevillains vs Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger

Hideo Itami vs Viktor

Baron Corbin vs Troy McClain

NXT World Heavyweight Championship: Adrian Neville vs Tyson Kidd

Sephzilla

I have never been able to get into Super Smash Bros.

It's just so... I wanna say boring, but it's not really boring, it's just... The game doesn't appeal to me at all, it's completely uninteresting to me.

Kind of like CoD and Halo and the like, I suppose... No fucks are given.

Now, Driveclub, that's something I can get hyped about:
https://mediacru.sh/UItzyPYLrFhZ/frame

driveclub is one of those games i see gameplay for and i still refuse to believe is real

Aiii

So not worth it
driveclub is one of those games i see gameplay for and i still refuse to believe is real

Seriously, it's the first game where I really get that next gen feel.

Then again, five years from now it'll probably be "meh, that game didn't really look that good", as always.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We haven't had a Legit Shook search term update for a while... 2 days into NWOctober - should be good reading?

I'll do two.

Everything looks "normal" until the end.

99EsH02.png

4Wf8gth.png

Top Bottom