• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

IlV5F.jpg

Well fuck there goes my conspiracy theory.

I never realized Billy was that tall

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Too bad John Cena refused to let go and put others over and Daniel Bryan became made of glass.
They really could have hyped up 'new console generation new wrestler generation' with 2k15.

Also Sunny proving in that video game thread that he keeps changing his mind on what he thinks a TMF is. Talking about old, steely gazed dudes then saying Bayonetta is a TMF. Wat.

KissVibes

Banned
Too bad John Cena refused to let go and put others over and Daniel Bryan became made of glass.

They really could have hyped up 'new console generation new wrestler generation' with 2k15.

They should've put Reigns on the cover.

New Console
New Wrestler
Same core experiance you've grown to hate after over ten years of this shit

strobogo

Banned
They should've put Reigns on the cover.

New Console
New Wrestler
Same core experiance you've grown to hate after over ten years of this shit

I think it is a really iffy choice to hype all these changes and modes that are only available in the next gen consoles, but not making that clear in any of the advertisements. A lot of people are going to be really pissed when they put their game in and realize it is exactly the same as 2K14, with no updated engine, no updated graphics, and no My Career mode.

KissVibes

Banned
Everything about WWE2k15 has been iffy. We've barely seen it at all. The shit we've seen looks almost exactly the same as years previous with better looking models. The entire thing feels like your parents telling you you're getting a new car for your college and then having that beater they got you at sixteen repainted.

I'm ready for big show to retire and be off tv forever

I wonder if Vince thinks the best thing they ever got from WWE existing was Big Show. He must be REALLY high on him still, right? Because he has been so bad for years. Wasn't there like a 5 year stretch where he was lazy as fuck and needed to be sent to OVW to lose weight and learn how to wrestle again?

does nikki do steroids her body is chubbier than brie's?

he still has another 4 years on his deal right?

He gets over a million a year at least.

I wonder if Vince thinks the best thing they ever got from WWE existing was Big Show. He must be REALLY high on him still, right? Because he has been so bad for years. Wasn't there like a 5 year stretch where he was lazy as fuck and needed to be sent to OVW to lose weight and learn how to wrestle again?

I think he's just been around for so long that he will always have a spot on raw. he will probably be wrestling five years from now.

I think it is a really iffy choice to hype all these changes and modes that are only available in the next gen consoles, but not making that clear in any of the advertisements. A lot of people are going to be really pissed when they put their game in and realize it is exactly the same as 2K14, with no updated engine, no updated graphics, and no My Career mode.

Almost every game that is cross-gen does the exact same thing. Destiny, Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K. All have features and graphic upgrades that are next-gen only and none of the ads mention anything. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not a 2K problem, it's an industry problem.

I
Everything about WWE2k15 has been iffy. We've barely seen it at all. The shit we've seen looks almost exactly the same as years previous with better looking models. The entire thing feels like your parents telling you you're getting a new car for your college and then having that beater they got you at sixteen repainted.

Im going to be honest with you a year ago I thought 2k was untouchable. Then NBA 2k15 happened. I have no faith. 2k really has slipped.

Omega

Banned
I

Im going to be honest with you a year ago I thought 2k was untouchable. Then NBA 2k15 happened. I have no faith. 2k really has slipped.

did you not play any other 2K games? 2K is the worst. when it comes to sports games they're worse than EA

people let that NFL 2K hype get to them. MLB 2K was pure shit, NHL2K was liquid shit, NBA 2K hasn't been since since like 2k11.

most overrated developer behind Valve

DiscoJon

Banned
did you not play any other 2K games? 2K is the worst. when it comes to sports games they're worse than EA

people let that NFL 2K hype get to them. MLB 2K was pure shit, NHL2K was liquid shit, NBA 2K hasn't been since since like 2k11.

Damn you've got balls of steel for posting that on Gaf.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Sorry, that's dabasedgawd platinum

Omega

Banned
Damn you've got balls of steel for posting that on Gaf.

haha. I've said it numerous times in the Steam thread.

Steam is great and I can't complain about the way they handle DLC. but when it comes down to games? Nah. Their three most popular games came from mods, all they did was bring in the team and add the Valve touch to it.

Their Valve touch still makes for good games, but nowhere near the top tier status people give them. Maybe if they ever release Half Life 3 and it's good we'll see.

Since this is wrasslingaf,
Valve is the Attitude Era.

Sorry, that's dabasedgawd platinum

perhaps. I enjoy all their games though, but you would think everything they release is flawless if you listened to GAF

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Only man to ever make Taker break kayfabe on a nationally televised interview, and called him out for being lazy and out of shape.

Vince doesn't respect him. He's made fun of him on TV. The reason was Show still gets pushed is because HHH retrained him in OVW, and so he has that connection. He also allows Vince and HHH to make fun of him backstage as often as they want. The man dressed up in a diaper on TV.

Omega

Banned
Only man to ever make Taker break kayfabe on a nationally televised interview, and called him out for being lazy and out of shape.

Vince doesn't respect him. He's made fun of him on TV. The reason was Show still gets pushed is because HHH retrained him in OVW, and so he has that connection. He also allows Vince and HHH to make fun of him backstage as often as they want. The man dressed up in a diaper on TV.

i'll wear a diaper on tv if you pay me a million bucks a year.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I forgot I was still paying for the ($12.99) network, so I'm watching some wrasslin

Watching NOC 2014 cause I never saw it. Its alright so far. But like with tv I skip every usos/stardust match and sheamus match.

I love Paige

Sure, 2K is sooo overrated. Playing NBA 2K and then playing Live makes it even more obvious how overrated.... oh wait, that's not true at all. The hyperbolic reactions over the WWE games are what they are, but 2K's track record when it comes to games in general is fine to great. MLB fell off a cliff, so I'll give you that, though it's production design did lend a bit to The Show, so it had that going for it. As for NHL 2K, it was fine for what it was, it looks bad compared to EA NHL because EA NHL, up until this year, has been consistently phenomenal. And that's ignoring all the other stuff the "2K" brand encompasses.

Omega

Banned
Sure, WWE is sooo bad. Watching WWE and then watching TNA makes it even more obvious how bad it is.... oh wait, that's not true at all.

2K is terrible. Just because it's competition is a game that was dead for four years doesn't make it good. Everything gets worse with each iteration, from the online, to the modes even down to the UI and the soundtrack.

Sure, WWE is sooo bad. Watching WWE and then watching TNA makes it even more obvious how bad it is.... oh wait, that's not true at all.

As much as you think you are disarming my main point by pulling out one statement, you aren't. 2K's NBA series is, and has been for a while, highly acclaimed. This year they had server issues for a day or so, but that doesn't change the fact that the core game is very good, and the modes improved from last year. And the rest of what I said stands how I said it.

Omega

Banned
As much as you think you are disarming my main point by pulling out one statement, you aren't. 2K's NBA series is, and has been for a while, highly acclaimed. This year they had server issues for a day or so, but that doesn't change the fact that the core game is very good, and the modes improved from last year. And the rest of what I said stands how I said it.

"this year"

"for a day or so"

dude, have you even played NBA 2K? This isn't a new thing. It's happened every since since the first 2K, and it lasts for longer than a day. The old NBAgaf had a 2K league a couple of years back that we just abandoned because it was impossible to play each other.

Who knows, maybe they actually improved the gameplay this year. I highly doubt it considering they didn't do it for the past 15 years. The same issues that were in 2K were were in 2K14.

"this year"

"for a day or so"

dude, have you even played NBA 2K? This isn't a new thing. It's happened every since since the first 2K, and it lasts for longer than a day. The old NBAgaf had a 2K league a couple of years back that we just abandoned because it was impossible to play each other.

Who knows, maybe they actually improved the gameplay this year. I highly doubt it considering they didn't do it for the past 15 years. The same issues that were in 2K were were in 2K14.

Played every NBA 2K consistently for the past 4 or so years, including 2K15. Every year I see improvements. I don't play online, so while that part may be lacking, it's not as big of an issue for me. Every other part of the game I care about (GM, Career, etc.) has been great. Gameplay is top notch. Modes are fleshed out and satisfying. Presentation is great. The NBA 2K series gets acclaim from a lot of people, and there is a reason for that.

Omega

Banned
Oh, that probably explains it then.

I get bored of sports games offline and only play them online, I just couldn't deal with 2K anymore. I think me and my friends spent more time seeing "Could not connect to server" than actually playing each other.

Tried doing 2K13s career mode and by the 12th game I was starting over Russell Westbrook.

yes im salty. I want a good basketball game that works online. I think Cena will retire before that happens though since NBA Live is about 5 lightyears behind 2K

Oh, that probably explains it then.

I get bored of sports games offline and only play them online, I just couldn't deal with 2K anymore. I think me and my friends spent more time seeing "Could not connect to server" than actually playing each other.

Tried doing 2K13s career mode and by the 12th game I was starting over Russell Westbrook.

yes im salty. I want a good basketball game that works online. I think Cena will retire before that happens though since NBA Live is about 5 lightyears behind 2K

I can understand that. But I don't think that is cause to say the series as a whole isn't good or that 2K as a company isn't good. I think they excel in some areas and fall short in others, just as any other developer.

You guys will be happy to know that at my job, I am paid to snitch. Aren't you guys proud? :D
My LP manager asked me to snitch the other day. I promptly told him to fuck off. I was really surprised that he even asked me.
"this year"

"for a day or so"

What's wrong with the gameplay?

Top Bottom