• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

I kind of wish WWE had rankings like TNA tried. I hate the concept generally, but right now, WWE needs all the help it can get to make their matches matter.

No system can make matches matter when the guy who has final say on the script doesn't give a shit about anything other than the top guys.

The Devil's Favorite Dentist, the Dentist Kane.

Also I love how people in this thread praise the shit out of some old ass surly Japanese dudes but turn their nose up at the American version, GGG, who kicks ass and takes names each and every week in 2014.

Well, you see...

It's because Kane is boring, doesn't knock the shit out of anyone ever, and is a jobber.

Oh. Well that about sums it up

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wasn't there a report that Orton wanted time off to rest but the WWE declined because of "roster issues"?

It wouldn't surprise me. That roster is looking barren as fuck.

rvnEI6t.gif

Camel TMF

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Becky Lynch's accent is almost incomprehensible. I hope she gets a voice coach to make her more accessible.

James Mitchell said:
NOW IT CAN BE TOLD
During a recent conversation with former WWE and TNA head writer, Vince Russo on Vince Russo’s Pyro & Ballyhoo, I asked him to explain to me how the decision was made in TNA creative to fire me, when I was clearly a good soldier, a top tier on-screen presence who got real heat and unquestionably one of the very few money-promo guys. He offered the following-

“Two overlaying things with TNA. One is much bigger than the other. And Jim, one of ‘em is like almost unbelievable to say, okay? Dixie Carter, I hate to say this, and I hate to use this word, but after owning the company for so many years, Jim, was still such a mark that if Jim Mitchell would be the Devil on television and was getting heat because that was his job, and that’s what he was paid to do, because people were booing and hissing you, Dixie did not like Jim Mitchell. Not that she, and you shouldn’t laugh, this is a shoot, so literally bro, if you’re getting heat and people are booing you and she doesn’t like you because of your “character”, a lot of times that transforms into her not liking you.”

Priceless.

That explains a lot about her subsequent creative input. Perhaps if I posted Tweets insensitive to Japanese typhoon victims, as she recently did, I would have been more in line with her vision of how a heel gets heat.

Was Dixie the mark who worked herself into a shoot work shoot that Hogan tweeted about?

joelseph

Someone should create a real slick web 2.0 site with just a big ass calender. On said calender is a really slick interface for tracking events on the WWEN historically. You can click through each event and be taken directly to the media stream. If you wanted to take it a step further make it a social site that allowed making playlists and sharing them. These features are so sorely missing from the current WWEN. damn.

Fox318

Someone should create a real slick web 2.0 site with just a big ass calender. On said calender is a really slick interface for tracking events on the WWEN historically. You can click through each event and be taken directly to the media stream. If you wanted to take it a step further make it a social site that allowed making playlists and sharing them. These features are so sorely missing from the current WWEN. damn.

You can click through all of the deaths, arrests, and forced abortions Vince has been involved in.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 9/30/96

• El Technico/Juventud Guerrera vs Public Enemy WCW Tag Team Championships
  • That Motherfucker Dean Malenko vs Alex Wright
  • Jim Powers vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Hugh Morrus vs Brad Armstrong
  • Chris Jericho vs Arn Anderson
  • Faces of Fear vs Rock N Roll Express
  • Chris Benoit vs Rick Steiner

As of this show, the nWo now has 11 members, including 3 managers, a race car driver, and a 6 year old. Not an interesting show, but also not the pain, blues, and agony that was nWo Nitro. I find it weird that all the stars were back from Japan this week, yet Flair/Sting/Macho/Harlem Heat/Rey/Regal were nowhere to be found.

iQNMmcDEAoJbb.gif

i2vNVJaUDo5Ur.gif

iPus97szfSJL4.gif

itEyiu0T7csMQ.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Goddamn Becky Lynch's accent is almost incomprehensible. I hope she gets a voice coach to make her more accessible.

Becky has been a huge bust so far, the annoying gimmick, the annoying gimmick in the ring whit the screaming and running in place and now this. She needs some major retooling.

strobogo

Banned

His impression of Eric Bischoff. Shortly after, Eric called the Nasty Boys idiots who were being duped by the nWo and then stormed off the set, saying he was going to find Macho or head to the hotel. He didn't do either.

Finishing up the Koran tomorrow. Got the Bhagavad Gita on hold and waiting for me. What's on Smackdown tonight?

Zertez

Finally bought and watched the Paul Heyman set. I enjoyed it a lot and was surprised how honest he was with everything he was legally allowed to talk about. He had me laughing at a lot of the things he did throughout his career. When they asked him about leaving WCW, he said I was fired, but Im not allowed to talk about that because of the big settlement laughing.

I have always enjoyed his work in front of the camera and behind the scenes, but I have a lot more respect for him after hearing how he is still a huge fan after all the years and the failures, how much he enjoys working with young talent still. I expected him to be bitter about a lot of things at this point, but he seems like he is happy with his role in the company now. Tough cow.

Omega

Banned
To be fair, this concept of the champ not main eventing in favor of "the guy" isn't really new

Triple H vs Vince main evented Armageddon 99 while Big Show faced the Boss Man
LOL
the match before

Austin had a handicap match at KOTR 99 while Taker and Rock took the backseat

Austin vs McMahon at St Valentines Day Massacre while Mankind and Rock had a Last Man Standing Match (pretty sure this was also the culmination of a long feud but lol fuck you guys its Austin)

This is just the stuff that I've watched recently on the WWE Network which you can too for only nine ninety nine.

Hasney

I was about to say "DID SOMEONE SAY ORANGE?!" and link to Sandow doing a Sheamus from Main Event, but in my search, I saw this and if it's been posted before, it needs to be posted again.

tumblr_ndexyv524i1saykaxo1_400.gif

Don't go into the "Jena Malone is Robin" thread if you want to watch the new X-Men movie fresh. It's not a huge thing but dude didn't bother using spoiler tags.

1. The manchildren of wrestleGAF like it when their fake underpants fighters take themselves way too seriously

So I take it you like movies where they break the fourth wall constantly and wink at the cameras? Because it'd be terrible for them to act like the world they are in is real in the context of the story.

Top Bottom