• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

I saw Too Cool and, I admit, I marked out a bit when Scotty did the worm. They danced after the match, even though Rikishi had pulled his calf muscle getting in the ring (there were no ring steps) and then Scotty's kid got in the ring and did the worm. The whole thing was a bit surreal.

Too_Cool.gif

Also, Okada's pretty great, friends.

XenoRaven

It'd be hard not to get that impression, I'd think. It's so...there are some serious, deep issues at its core.

itaZlIdEeintx.gif

Pepsi, you can go to straight to Hell. I was trying to make it less wall of text, more fun and playful for a subject matter that definitely wasn't fun and playful and most skipped anyway. After reading the book, I got a call from Allah. He told me you'd feel that way and also told me to tell you that you're a sack of shit who is going to be drinking boiling pus and getting flayed for the rest of your life. IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
I've heard people say that there is a difference between infidels and non-believers and that you're only supposed to kill infidels, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

I'm not sure about the Koran, but in the Bible a lot goes into analyzing possible differences in translation as well as introducing context to passages that may or may not be relevant. I assume the Koran is similar which is why many can say that it's a religion of peace. I have no idea if it is or not, but I assume an Islam that encourages constant holy wars and killing people that don't agree with you wouldn't be the fastest growing religion in this day and age.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah. Islam is most definitely more Old Testament than New. That Jews and Muslims have so much conflict when they're so similar in what they follow is so silly. Islam was 100% modeled on Judaism, with added "Jesus was pretty cool too" and Arabic specific traditions. Plus a cult of personality on top of it who got shit changed on a whim when he liked or didn't like something that was or wasn't illegal. Plus a LOT of murdering.
It's funny. It takes people a long time to realize that Islam and Judaism are very similar, but you got it, and all you had to do was read the book.

JavyOO7

Bayley is the shit.

...I'm reading Bret Hart's book and so far its great. But reviews, the little I've read of them, have said the book has a tone of Bret Hart being his own biggest fan, to put it lightly. I would agree with that assessment. Still a fine collection of memories printed on my Paperwhite. Not a dull moment so far. His family is kinda crazy.

A moment that pops up at me is when he was in Japan late at night and two women ask for his autograph. He obliges but notes that they are lost. He invites them into his room. Then they all lay in bed. And Bret is like "...yeah, sorry Jules." That's rather cold. Holy crap.

Another moment that pops up is all the ups and downs of Stampede Wrestling. I think WWE has a hold of their tape library? Regardless, I really want to see it. Bret talks about a notable match with Dynamite Kid and it seems like it'd be a joy to watch that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've heard people say that there is a difference between infidels and non-believers and that you're only supposed to kill infidels, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

I'm not sure about the Koran, but in the Bible a lot goes into analyzing possible differences in translation as well as introducing context to passages that may or may not be relevant. I assume the Koran is similar which is why many can say that it's a religion of peace. I have no idea if it is or not, but I assume an Islam that encourages constant holy wars and killing people that don't agree with you wouldn't be the fastest growing religion in this day and age.
You'd be surprised. Islam spread rapidly through the ME, due to conquest and a high birth rate.

Lol. Would you expect any less from Brock? All the Zenkai boosts he got from 2012 onwards help bring him back to 100% to kick Cena's ass. Oh and didn't Ambrose get American History X'd on those cinder blocks the next night by Rollins? Time for ol' Dean to shuffle off and make that movie.

strobogo

Banned
It's funny. It takes people a long time to realize that Islam and Judaism are very similar, but you got it, and all you had to do was read the book.

It's literally, "uh. Just do what they do" until Mohammed got really pissy with the Jews for not supporting him. Then some very minor changes happened, mostly just out of spite. Then people started getting killed, but they still follow pretty much all of the same shit, just with different words for things. Same great people, same traditions, same area, same looking, same everything really. The Judaism/Islam conflict is pretty much the younger brother who has a massive inferiority complex over his big brother.

I saw The Judge tonight. Why do white people insist on making movies to make people cry?

Hasney

Jeff Hardy's WWE theme is public domain and TNA could have been using it this whole time.

Wouldn't have been shocked if Jeff using his own music for his theme was a term he required to go over there.

Jeff Hardy might actually be clean these days. He now sounds sober crazy instead of drugged up crazy if that makes any sense.

Yeah, that promo that was linked showed both the Hardys as pretty clean now. And able to do promos finally now.

It's literally, "uh. Just do what they do" until Mohammed got really pissy with the Jews for not supporting him. Then some very minor changes happened, mostly just out of spite. Then people started getting killed, but they still follow pretty much all of the same shit, just with different words for things. Same great people, same traditions, same area, same looking, same everything really. The Judaism/Islam conflict is pretty much the younger brother who has a massive inferiority complex over his big brother.

I saw The Judge tonight. Why do white people insist on making movies to make people cry?

BND7zLw.gif

JavyOO7

Based off of this list that someone put out earlier in the thread...

Hell in the Cell 2014 will be the 22nd time John Cena and Randy Orton faced each other on PPV.
10 of those matches have been singles matches, with Orton leading 5-4 (the tenth will be at Hell in the Cell 2014):
1) SummerSlam 2007 (Cena)
2) Unforgiven 2007 (Orton)
3) No Way Out 2008 (Cena)
4) SummerSlam 2009 (Orton)
5) Breaking Point 2009 - I Quit Match (Cena)
6) Hell in a Cell 2009 - Hell in a Cell Match (Orton)
7) Bragging Rights 2009 - Anything Goes 60-Minute Iron Man Match (Cena)
8) TLC 2013 - TLC Match (Orton)
9) Royal Rumble 2014 (Orton)
10) Hell in a Cell 2014 - Hell in a Cell Match

Cena and Orton have also faced each other in TWELVE additional PPV matches involving others. Cena is 6-6 in those matches (Orton is 4-8)
1) Backlash 2007 - Fatal Four Way Match: John Cena beat Shawn Michaels, Edge, and Randy Orton
2) Vengeance 2007 - WWE Championship Challenge: John Cena beat Mick Foley, King Booker, Randy Orton, and Lashley
3) WrestleMania XXIV - Randy Orton beat Triple H & John Cena
4) Backlash 2008 - Triple H beat Randy Orton, John Cena and JBL
5) Night of Champions 2009 - Randy Orton beat Triple H & John Cena
6) Elimination Chamber 2010 - Elimination Chamber: John Cena beat Sheamus, Triple H, Kofi Kingston, Ted DiBiase, and Randy Orton
7) Fatal Four Way 2010: Fatal Four Way: Sheamus beat Champion John Cena, Randy Orton, and Edge to win the title
8) Night of Champions 2010: Six Pack Elimination Match: Randy Orton beat Champion Sheamus, John Cena, Wade Barrett, Edge, and Chris Jericho
9) Elimination Chamber 2011: John Cena beat CM Punk, John Morrison, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & R-Truth
10) Elimination Chamber 2014: Randy Orton beat Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Cesaro, Christian and Sheamus
11) Money in the Bank 2014: John Cena beat Kane, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt and Cesaro
12) Battleground 2014: John Cena beat Randy Orton, Kane, & Roman Reigns

There have been 99 PPVs from Backlash 2007 (their first PPV match) to Hell in the Cell 2014. This means that 22% (or more than 1 out of every 5 WWE PPVs) during that time has featured some sort of Cena vs. Orton match.

I started with Summer Slam '07. I love the crowd. And the action isn't all that bad either. But it does serve as a template for the rest of the series between Cena and Orton.

They're brothers, god damn it. They need to hug it out.

All the People of the Book:

irMgXNumarOKY.gif

-Hugs.-

It's all good, brah. Don't stop believin! There is a future for all of us. We just need to heed the words of wisdom, the gospel of OTRS brough to us by our lord and savior The Schlegdaddy.

Bandini

Just packed a bong but could not find a lighter for the life of me, short story short I found the Jake the Snake lighter I had forgotten about. This thing is great, it lights up different colors. Thanks, Jake. For everything.

Bandini

Its not like they need to fill 3 hours with more miz/kofi/ziggler matches.

Bring em back, boost the tag division a bit.

Can these guys still go in the ring? As a newer viewer, It's tough for me to sit through a lot of the older part time dudes. No nostalgia for the characters... no great moments in the ring that I can conjure up.

Recall

Can these guys still go in the ring? As a newer viewer, It's tough for me to sit through a lot of the older part time dudes. No nostalgia for the characters... no great moments in the ring that I can conjure up.

When has WWE ever been about "being able to go"?

A roster change can be more interesting just to simply change up RAW rather them being about can these guys put on a 5 star classic.

WWE strives for personalities above in ring ability.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with the drama on twitter about NJPW? was there an event?

bjork

I always remember some episode of Raw where Jeff Hardy was going to do some jump on Orton. They brawled onto the stage, then Orton fell into a dumpster or something, and Jeff had to climb one of the lighting rigs or some shit, then jump off. It took like five minutes for him to climb his ass up there. Orton can take 13 pedigrees and not be out for that long, but when he's waiting for dipshit to fall on him, he needs to sell like death. So stupid. And to me, that's what those tag teams of that era were about too, just laying around while someone set up the next spot. Maybe it had its place at the time, but not now. Use the airtime to push someone else rather than rehash shit from 15 years ago yet again.

If you're gonna bring someone back as a tag team, get Hass and Shelton. At least they were great to watch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
whats up with the drama on twitter about NJPW? was there an event?

the past iwgp champs have been,tanahashi,okada,tanahashi,okada,aj,tanahashi and then NJPW announces
NJPW “WRESTLE KINGDOM 9 IN TOKYO DOME”, 1/4/15 (WPW)
Tokyo Dome

1. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada

Such fresh match to base your Wrestlemania around.

New Japan haven't sold out the Tokyo Dome in over a decade, yet people are somehow surprised to see the companies biggest draw vs their biggest young new star in the main event? Strange.

Honestly, I would've preferred AJ vs Okada, but I think the poor gate for the Yokohama Arena show soured them on the idea. Tana's the draw, like it or not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New Japan haven't sold out the Tokyo Dome in over a decade, yet people are somehow surprised to see the companies biggest draw vs their biggest young new star in the main event? Strange.

Honestly, I would've preferred AJ vs Okada, but I think the poor gate for the Yokohama Arena show soured them on the idea. Tana's the draw, like it or not.

You of all people shouldn't cast any stones at people for being upset about this. It's the same safe shit WWE does with Cena. I don't know why it's justifiable to be mad about John Cena always being the headline of Wrestlemania, but it's 'Strange' that people would be mad about Tanahashi being in the main event.

The Tanahashi haters are much more of a minority than the Cena haters. Tanahashi doesn't have split crowds flat-out booing him, telling him he sucks or that he can't wrestle - if Tanahashi gets booed, it's because he intended to work as a heel for the match (or because his title run has gone on too long, lol).

Hell, I like Tanahashi. I love his series of matches with Okada. I'm excited to see him in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom. Cena? I couldn't give the slightest of shits as to what the fuck he'll be doing at Mania next year. I ain't mad, I just don't care. Apathy. But I understand it, even if I don't like it.

Top Bottom