• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Yes. This isn't a heel/babyface thing, this is a Ambrose should not be taking a clean pin on a random Raw right now type of thing. Same goes for Rollins

GOTTA PROTECT THE OLD FARTS!

I don't know why anyone is surprised. Once they started pairing Cena and Ambrose together, it was obvious Ambrose would end up looking weaker than Cena.

Then if that didn't work, randomly turn Ambrose heel so Cena can kill his heat first hand.

Cagey

Banned
Outside of the Kane movie promotional spot, Ambrose was garbage tonight. He's coming off like an F-tier Austin that makes goofy faces. Bad news when Mick Foley is needed to hype you and your match, and in spot duty mops the floor with you.

Disappointed because he's generally been the fun and interesting one eating up screen time between him and Rollins, but dude fell off hard in recent weeks.

decided to watch BOLA

Some Night 2 gifs

Chuckie T

ChuckT2.gif

Riccochet

riccochet.gif

C Z DUUUUUUUUUUUUB

CZW.gif

Outside of the Kane movie promotional spot, Ambrose was garbage tonight. He's coming off like an F-tier Austin that makes goofy faces. Bad news when Mick Foley is needed to hype you and your match, and in spot duty mops the floor with you.

Disappointed because he's generally been the fun and interesting one eating up screen time between him and Rollins, but dude fell off hard in recent weeks.

I agree for the most part, but Foley mops the floor with everyone on that roster right now on the mic, spot duty or not

strobogo

Banned
A loss to Orton on Raw doesn't matter. The take away from the match should have been Rollins being the last guy standing. It likely means Ambrose will win at the PPV so whatever.

Cagey

Banned
I agree for the most part, but Foley mops the floor with everyone on that roster right now on the mic, spot duty or not
That's certainly true, but it's jarring when it's legend and new guy out there together and the legend is just there for support and in the process inadvertently exposes the new guy badly.

Rocky made everyone look bad but he was out there on a one on one confrontation with a silent monster, so it didn't make any one specific performer look bad. That's what made it seem worse to me tonight.

Ithil

A loss to Orton on Raw doesn't matter. The take away from the match should have been Rollins being the last guy standing. It likely means Ambrose will win at the PPV so whatever.

It's indicative of their attitude towards Ambrose, how they view his place on the card. You would not in a million years see Reigns or Cena take that pinfall in a RAW tag match.

njean777

Wow according to people in the Jade Raymond thread calling a woman pretty is creepy now. FFS I should just stay in here and talk about games.

Cagey

Banned
Wow according to people in the Jade Raymond thread calling a woman pretty is creepy now. FFS I should just stay in here and talk about games.
Social issues GAF is full of well to do people who enjoy the smell of their own farts and like to chastise others for what they believe are less than pleasant farts.

strobogo

Banned
It's indicative of their attitude towards Ambrose, how they view his place on the card. You would not in a million years see Reigns or Cena take that pinfall in a RAW tag match.

It probably isn't. You shouldn't worry about it or get worked up about it. Bryan lost all the time while he was getting super over, too.

Yes, because that's a stupid ending. Pinning your rising star who needs all the help he can get in being portrayed as a top guy because the WWE has conditioned people to not get behind guys after dozens of examples where they pull the rug out from under someone, while a heel jobber is right there.

Lol Cena's little buddy ain't getting the main event rub. Reigns will get it when he comes back. Reigns would have destroyed everyone in the ring tonight and Raw would have gone off the air with him doing his poses in the middle of the ring.

Ithil

It probably isn't. You shouldn't worry about it or get worked up about it. Bryan lost all the time while he was getting super over, too.

Not once Bryan was in the number two spot, from Summerslam 2013. He'd lose dirty matches, but as far as losing clean he didn't take a pin after Summerslam 2013 to his injury, except for against Bray at the Rumble.

I'm not worked up here, it's simply tiresome to see them push a guy at a level lower than their "pick" yet again, creating another self-fulfilling prophecy.

njean777

That's certainly true, but it's jarring when it's legend and new guy out there together and the legend is just there for support and in the process inadvertently exposes the new guy badly.

Rocky made everyone look bad but he was out there on a one on one confrontation with a silent monster, so it didn't make any one specific performer look bad. That's what made it seem worse to me tonight.

I haven't watched it and will tomorrow, but I think Ambrose would be far better outside of the PG era. It just seems that the PG shift has hurt a lot when it comes to what you can and cannot do. Austin worked because he could cuss and do heel things even if he wasn't a heel. Ambrose comes off to me as the guy who would grab a chair for the fuck of it and beat the hell out of his opponent.

strobogo

Banned
You all should realize wins and losses don't matter at all anymore on any level of the card. Cena got crushed by Brock, was still the top guy like it never happened, almost beat him the next time, still the top guy like nothing happened. Dolph and Bryan jobbed for months and got more over because of it. Sandow has been jobbing for almost a year and is more over now than he's ever been. Dudes get title matches for no reason. Ambrose losing to Orton tonight doesn't matter at all.

Not once Bryan was in the number two spot, from Summerslam 2013. He'd lose dirty matches, but as far as losing clean he didn't take a pin after Summerslam 2013 to his injury, except for against Bray at the Rumble.

I'm not worked up here, it's simply tiresome to see them push a guy at a level lower than their "pick" yet again, creating another self-fulfilling prophecy.

It put Ambrose over more than you think, because they're using beating Ambrose to put over that Orton can actually beat Cena Sunday.

Ithil

Wins and losses do matter, no matter what WWE likes to think. Cena is Cena because he wins 99% of the time for 9 years. The midcard guys are where they are because they just trade wins and losses with even steven booking for years until no one cares about them.
They won't make or break the career but they do matter. At a certain point they stop mattering, as with Cena who could lose ten times in a row and still be Cena, but again, that's after 9 years of superman booking. But for rising stars, they matter a lot.

Otherwise, Roman Reigns would be taking even steven booking. But WWE thinks he's the next top guy, so they're booking him to be that.

Also, Orton beat Cena the last time they were in a Cell match, so it's not like I needed a reminder that Orton is booked strongly.

Biggest lie ever told in the wrestling business: Wins and losses don't matter.

They do if you ever want to draw. And that's what being over really means.

strobogo

Banned
Wins and losses do matter, no matter what WWE likes to think. Cena is Cena because he wins 99% of the time for 9 years. The midcard guys are where they are because they just trade wins and losses with even steven booking for years until no one cares about them.

They won't make or break the career but they do matter. At a certain point they stop mattering, as with Cena who could lose ten times in a row and still be Cena, but again, that's after 9 years of superman booking. But for rising stars, they matter a lot.

Otherwise, Roman Reigns would be taking even steven booking. But WWE thinks he's the next top guy, so they're booking him to be that.

Dean and Seth are as close to main event guys as you can get without headlining 15 PPVs in a row. They're there. Loses don't matter for them anymore unless they lose consistently against guys they shouldn't be losing to. If Dean or Seth headlined a PPV in a title match with Brock or Cena or Orton, no one would not believe it. They are there. Don't worry about it.

They've been carrying Raw and Smackdown for like 5 months now.

gaiadyne

You all should realize wins and losses don't matter at all anymore on any level of the card. Cena got crushed by Brock, was still the top guy like it never happened, almost beat him the next time, still the top guy like nothing happened. Dolph and Bryan jobbed for months and got more over because of it. Sandow has been jobbing for almost a year and is more over now than he's ever been. Dudes get title matches for no reason. Ambrose losing to Orton tonight doesn't matter at all.

It put Ambrose over more than you think, because they're using beating Ambrose to put over that Orton can actually beat Cena Sunday.

Exactly, The Authority had a number advantage. Realistically speaking they would have one that match. They need to build Randy Orton back up for his inevitable face turn and his program with Brock Lesnar. He probably won't win in the end but Randy will feud with Brock while they wait to this decide who they will have Brock fight at Wrestlemania. Like they said, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are the future. Orton in the present will be doing the job to Lesnar so that somebody in the future probably a rising star will get their big moment and beat Lesnar.

In this instance Orton being the veteran that he is was just able to get the reversal on Ambrose off the rope clothesline and RKO him. It makes sense and could have gone either way in that exchange. Ambrose and Rollins aren't quite to the main event level like Cena and Orton but after Hell in a Cell and maybe a good feud or two after it (hopefully) they should both be on that next level by Wrestlemania.

Ithil

Dean and Seth are as close to main event guys as you can get without headlining 15 PPVs in a row. They're there. Loses don't matter for them anymore unless they lose consistently against guys they shouldn't be losing to. If Dean or Seth headlined a PPV in a title match with Brock or Cena or Orton, no one would not believe it. They are there. Don't worry about it.

Nope, they are nowhere near that level yet. Hell neither man has ever even main evented a PPV in singles. Ambrose is a grand total of one month into his time as number two babyface, and that came from Reigns being injured.
Orton and Cena, yes. But Ambrose and Rollins, I don't buy that they are already "loss-proof" and established main event guys. Look at how much weaker the reaction in these hick towns, or at house shows, is for Ambrose or Rollins vs Orton or Cena. They are still early in that main event scene and they can botch it quite easily. Plenty of guys were in that number two spot and aren't anymore.

This is like saying Daniel Bryan was a-ok losing a lot and coming up short last Autumn (dirty losses or not). It wasn't, it was shitty booking and it cooled him off a lot. Luckily he heated back up by himself later and post-WM, Bryan IS at that level, but he wasn't in Autumn 2013.
It takes a long while for the casual, wide audience to accept a guy as a top guy, and booking them like a top guy for an extended period is a big part of that. WWE know it, too, because Roman Reigns gets that super protected booking, and guess what, he is more over because of it. So they know, they just choose to not do it for anyone but their "top picks".

strobogo

Banned
Nope, they are nowhere near that level yet. Hell neither man has ever even main evented a PPV in singles. Ambrose is a grand total of one month into his time as number two babyface, and that came from Reigns being injured.
Orton and Cena, yes. But Ambrose and Rollins, I don't buy that they are already "loss-proof" and established main event guys. Look at how much weaker the reaction in these hick towns, or at house shows, is for Ambrose or Rollins vs Orton or Cena. They are still early in that main event scene and they can botch it quite easily. Plenty of guys were in that number two spot and aren't anymore.

This is like saying Daniel Bryan was a-ok losing a lot and coming up short last Autumn (dirty losses or not). It wasn't, it was shitty booking and it cooled him off a lot. Luckily he heated back up by himself later and post-WM, Bryan IS at that level, but he wasn't in Autumn 2013.
It takes a long while for the casual, wide audience to accept a guy as a top guy, and booking them like a top guy for an extended period is a big part of that. WWE know it, too, because Roman Reigns gets that super protected booking, and guess what, he is more over because of it. So they know, they just choose to not do it for anyone but their "top picks".

I think you're being a grumpy internet fan getting grumpy over stuff for no reason. Dean/Seth have had the most TV time and have been carrying the shows since the Raw after Payback. A random loss on Raw that immediately was over shadowed by Seth laying Orton out and celebrating on top of the cell isn't that big of a deal. It doesn't hurt Dean. At all.

Omega

Banned
if anything hurt Dean it was that shitty crowd.

They couldn't even be bothered to boo Cena. did they invite people in for free?

I think you're being a grumpy internet fan getting grumpy over stuff for no reason. Dean/Seth have had the most TV time and have been carrying the shows since the Raw after Payback. A random loss on Raw that immediately was over shadowed by Seth laying Orton out and celebrating on top of the cell isn't that big of a deal. It doesn't hurt Dean. At all.

I agree the bigger question is if Dean can get of the cena fued alive. Seems they are going Seth/randy and dean/cena. Kofi lined Orton clean earlier this year when he was the champ and it matter nothing . People complain about DQs yet when a clean finish happens it's the end if the world . It's all about position and presentation.

Sami zayn is a perennial loser in NXT but he really the crowd around him.

Ithil

I agree the bigger question is if Dean can get of the cena fued alive. Seems they are going Seth/randy and dean/cena. Kofi lined Orton clean earlier this year when he was the champ and it matter nothing . People complain about DQs yet when a clean finish happens it's the end if the world . It's all about position and presentation.

Sami zayn is a perennial loser in NXT but he really the crowd around him.

That's NXT. Sami losing is actually part of a story.

Omega

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;135228520 said:
its p creepy that one of the first responses about the jade raymond topic was someone saying "good girl".

I wasn't going to make a stink of it though

that was weird but this idea that you can't comment on a women's appearance is beyond stupid

it's these same people that post OT threads with the title "omg. met girl. wut do? help me pls gaf"

Luckily Y2Kev is cool, cuz i'm pretty sure any other mod would have banned half of wrasslegaf for posting Paige pictures for each new page and Sunny would be banned for his avatar

Top Bottom