• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Recall

I don't know how he hasn't captured our nation's beloved US title yet. They are already ripping off Rocky so much with the character, why don't they just take it the extra step? You could have him murder one wrestler's friend in the ring, and then just shoot 3 months worth of awesome training montage footage. Angle would end with Rusev proclaiming that he does not fight for Russia, but himself.

Rusev destroying The Miz for the US title would be neat.

Hasney

iDrd07puO3wGt.gif

i don't know who the fuck this was but Rusev is the best

He's the biggest face the company has to me now, taking out people who run into the ring is just sensible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It offends me when people want Kurt Angle to come back to feud with Rusev and have Rusev put over a washed up 45 year old wheelchair candidate.

We all know who's beating Rusev anyways.

"Man, why are they all rolling their eyes at me, all I did was come into a thread and say something completely obvious that didn't have anything to do with the news."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I see 3ds got another 1000 year old demon game announced. Good, I thought we'd go a week without seeing a 10 year old in scantily clad clothing from Japan.

Aiii

So not worth it
Remember when we were all like "Cesaro should win the US Title and rename the European Title" and then he did and nothing happened?

That will be Rusev.

Also, Rusev wins matches, he can't have a secondary title, because you're not allowed to win non-title matches when you have a secondary title.

It's amazing how much better RAW is when you turn off at 10:30 and start playing video games instead.

I never expect much action on a go home show and there was a lot of talking last night, but most of it was entertaining, served to build the matches well for sunday, while also doing some leg work on longer term storylines like Brock.

Orton takes another step into tweener territory, while simultaneously heeling on the crowd so well that they actually loudly cheer when Cena comes out.

That, and the reaction to the Rusev angle showed me that cheap heat works amazingly well down in Kansas. Amazingly well.

The Miz's answer to whether or not he's jealous that Mizdow is starting to get cheered was brilliant. His reaction to the win was brilliant. When these two split, it should be because Mizdow gets sick of the Miz, and not because the Miz gets jealous. That's my opinion anyways, but lets not end this ride yet. Not while they're still finding new and funny things to do with it.

bjork

You guys should really try the "skim the reports and the GAF thread then look up clips on YT" method of watching Raw. It's pretty boss.

Fox318

I don't know how he hasn't captured our nation's beloved US title yet. They are already ripping off Rocky so much with the character, why don't they just take it the extra step? You could have him murder one wrestler's friend in the ring, and then just shoot 3 months worth of awesome training montage footage. Angle would end with Rusev proclaiming that he does not fight for Russia, but himself.

Then the belt would actually mean something.

Now all of the belts are held by jobbers or people who show up to work 3 times a year.

njean777

After watching raw, I'm interested in where they are going to take Orton and Seth. I did not see the curb stomp coming at all on Orton.

kiguel182

Rusev kicking an army guy was the best thing he did so far. So fucking good.

Sucks that they seemed to be more focused on Cena/Orton/Rollins than Ambrose/Rollins. Ambrose taking the pin clean was dumb and I guess Cena/Orton will be the main-event for Hell In a Cell. It seems they won't give the ball to Ambrose, it's a shame.

Mizdown and Miz continue to make me happy. What a duo and great reaction when Sandow won.

The rest of Raw was normal I guess. Cesaro/Ziggler was good but the fact that they gave that away without any building really hurts it. They will probably wrestle again at Hell in a Cell and it's hard to care about it without any story or build.

Aiii

So not worth it
Have you guys never watched WWE?

Ambrose took the pinfall because he's going to win the Cell match, so WWE figures he can take the loss and everyone will forget about it, thus protecting everyone.

It's the same even-steven booking they've been employing for over a decade. It's the thing they've done on every go-home show from now until forever. Guy/Girl that wins at the PPV, loses the Raw before.

kiguel182

Have you guys never watched WWE?

Ambrose took the pinfall because he's going to win the Cell match, so WWE figures he can take the loss and everyone will forget about it, thus protecting everyone.

It's the same even-steven booking they've been employing for over a decade. It's the thing they've done on every go-home show from now until forever. Guy/Girl that wins at the PPV, loses the Raw before.

yeah, I know of the "opposite momentum" thing but it's still dumb.

Also, with this whole Orton thing I doubt we are going to see a clean match with those two so the big Ambrose victory will probably be watered down, or never happen.

Sephzilla

It offends me when people want Kurt Angle to come back to feud with Rusev and have Rusev put over a washed up 45 year old wheelchair candidate.

We all know who's beating Rusev anyways.

And yet you get upset when people would rather have a 45 year old Angle go over Rusev? I think the whole reason a bunch of people want Angle vs Rusev is simply because Rusev's future is to be Cena food.

Someone should make this the new "IT'S HAPPENING" gif

And yet you get upset when people would rather have a 45 year old Angle go over Rusev? I think the whole reason a bunch of people want Angle vs Rusev is simply because Rusev's future is to be Cena food.

Someone should make this the new "IT'S HAPPENING" gif

Angle surprise returning and beating Rusev would be a great moment. Plus, people Angle feuded with tended to get elevated rather than, well, you know.

Top Bottom