• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Hasney

3JnMV.gif

Fizzled out badly though...

Yeah, got the blame for the Survivor Series buyrate and Truth does love that synthetic weed.

EDIT: New paige

tumblr_m2u3ypCrfm1rs99szo1_500.gif

strobogo

Banned
Weird things I dream about:

Playing baseball in a 3D gym with John Krasinski, who got pissed and sent home because he couldn't watch a game on one of the 300 TVs in this god damn SHIELD-like facility. Thought we'd lose for sure without him...but then we played basketball and dominated the other time. Time for the school assembly meeting, where I greeted on Dean Ambrose with a putter and told him his friend got sent home. "Graski?" Then we all had to write some paper about something stupid that I can't remember.

Trying to find a box of pictures/patio decorations. I never found them, but I did find a few 80s PWI and late 90s WCW magazines and a bunch of empty beer cans someone hid in the attic. One of them had Scott Steiner on the cover and I was excited to have something to look at while I poop.

bjork

I was running from a ski resort in the summertime to get away from bad people, but I was in a Barbie wetsuit with visible heatwaves coming from my head like Spider-sense, and the only way to make it stop was to find a severed hand.

Gonzalez

Banned
I had a dream where WCW Monday Nitro never died, but it's TV budget was cut in half. So they had to use the old Nitro set, and re-hire all the old broken down wrestlers from their past. Oh, and it isn't aired at 8:00 PM, instead it's aired at 3:00 AM, and every single commercial that is shown during the break is a Valvoline ad.

bjork

I think if they would make threads that start with "am I the only one who" or "is it just me" or "does/has anyone else ever" a bannable thing in exchange for me having some demeaning tag and avatar for as long as the rule was in place, I'd make that deal.

Sephzilla

I had a dream where WCW Monday Nitro never died, but it's TV budget was cut in half. So they had to use the old Nitro set, and re-hire all the old broken down wrestlers from their past. Oh, and it isn't aired at 8:00 PM, instead it's aired at 3:00 AM, and every single commercial that is shown during the break is a Valvoline ad.

So you had a dream about TNA?

Ithil

I finally caught up on Total Divas.

Season 2 was pretty good, ended on a high note for everyone.

As for Season 3 it seems like Natalya is just going outright insane. Just the way she acts, she just overreacts to everything and it makes me dislike her even more. I feel for TJ in how he's completely disinterested in Nattie cause of her attitude and I don't blame him.

I'm still not sure why Bryan just doesn't get the surgery he needs, fuck that hippie shit. No reason to put his career on a sideline like that. It makes me think that there's something else bothering him, maybe his father's death got to him emotionally and he's giving time to recuperate everything together.

Eva Marie is surprisingly a pretty sweet girl in all of this even though the first season kind of set her up as being this "bad bitch" type character. I like her but I don't think she's made for the WWE whatsoever, especially on the main roster.

I used to like Rosa Mendes a lot visually but getting to know her on this show she doesn't really do anything for me, not even sexually. She just looks so fake and honestly Nikki Bella is hotter than her and has a better boob job.

Where did Trinity disappear for several episodes?

Seriously though fuck Natalya, and Summer Rae as well. They need to get their act together.

...If this is all fake I'm officially WORKED.
You're worked to the bone. Bryan did want to get the surgery ASAP so he could come back sooner, the doctors told him to wait instead (now it's looking like he will need it after all and they wasted two months of his time). Him not wanting it was solely a storyline made up for the show.

Aiii

So not worth it
You're worked to the bone. Bryan did want to get the surgery ASAP so he could come back sooner, the doctors told him to wait instead (now it's looking like he will need it after all and they wasted two months of his time). Him not wanting it was solely a storyline made up for the show.

Even that's not the whole story, since he actually DID have a surgery. The show just pretends he got injured and then got acupuncture instead.

It also depicts him as broke, having to borrow money from Cena and having to budget his wife so she doesn't but a 3 dollar cup of coffee when he's not around.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even that's not the whole story, since he actually DID have a surgery. The show just pretends he got injured and then got acupuncture instead.

It also depicts him as broke, having to borrow money from Cena and having to budget his wife so she doesn't but a 3 dollar cup of coffee when he's not around.

Honestly that's the vibe I get anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dear Strobogo:

As a longtime WCW fan I was curious, with all of the WCW you've seen - the bad and the good - who would you consider 5 MVPs that helped you get through the Nitro years?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Bryan is a millionaire at this point, given he's main evented WM, sold a lot of merch, and doesn't spend any money.

Yep, pretty crazy how I still look at him as a filthy poor despite knowing he's making money. He just looks so poor.

strobogo

Banned
Dear Strobogo:

As a longtime WCW fan I was curious, with all of the WCW you've seen - the bad and the good - who would you consider 5 MVPs that helped you get through the Nitro years?

Rey, Kanyon, Booker, Goldberg, Flair. If we're not including cruisers as a whole. Because Dean/Eddie/Benoit definitely deserve to be on the list. And Juvi. And Kidman.

You could always expect something cool and fun from Rey. You could always expect Kanyon to either be hilarious, do a cool ass move, or die to make his opponents look good. Booker was DOPE as fuck in 1998 and kind of the defacto best guy once the Radicalz all left. You could always expect Goldberg to REK FOOLS. You could always expect Flair to be god damn crazy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rey, Kanyon, Booker, Goldberg, Flair. If we're not including cruisers as a whole. Because Dean/Eddie/Benoit definitely deserve to be on the list. And Juvi. And Kidman.

You could always expect something cool and fun from Rey. You could always expect Kanyon to either be hilarious, do a cool ass move, or die to make his opponents look good. Booker was DOPE as fuck in 1998 and kind of the defacto best guy once the Radicalz all left. You could always expect Goldberg to REK FOOLS. You could always expect Flair to be god damn crazy.

I enjoyed Kanyon during his "Innovator of Offense" period, post-Mortis pre-Positive. I loved how the crowd would respond to Flair. Completely insane, and a lot of it was because WCW ran most of their shows in Flair Country and the surrounding spots.

Shit, the crowd is one of the best things of Nitro.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yep, pretty crazy how I still look at him as a filthy poor despite knowing he's making money. He just looks so poor.

Yeah, his beard and hair needs some work so he doesn't look like a homeless bum. I know it's his "gimmick" or whatever, but honestly I don't think it's why the crowd got behind him. I'd say the crowd actually got behind him despite his looks, not because of it.

And it's not like the merchandising is that great either (granted, that Funko Pop! looks cool doe), the respect the beard shirt was awful, just put a bunch of Yes!'s on a shirt and done.

Forkball

Remember Tracy?
Yes. But only because I just listened to the Review a Wai about No Mercy 2002 where they mention the Brock/Tajiri match and I had to look it up. They make a humorous analogy about her being the 2002 version of Daniel Bryan's physical therapist.
Brock's selling during that match is HOF tier. Dude was born to be a professional wrestler.
I love the high step stumble when Rey dropkicks him. That match actually worked very well because it made Mysterio/Edge look amazing while also showing off Brock's strength. I did laugh at Cole calling Undertaker an "emotional freight train."

strobogo

Banned
I enjoyed Kanyon during his "Innovator of Offense" period, post-Mortis pre-Positive. I loved how the crowd would respond to Flair. Completely insane, and a lot of it was because WCW ran most of their shows in Flair Country and the surrounding spots.

Shit, the crowd is one of the best things of Nitro.

The only period of Kanyon I'm not particularly into was when he got really serious right at the end of WCW. It was hard to believe him as some super hard ass after Champag Ne Kanyon and Positively Kanyon. I have nightmares of that chair shot on SMOOV. Hit the dude so hard he broke his own hand.

Fox318

Brock's selling during that match is HOF tier. Dude was born to be a professional wrestler.

Shame that the travel schedule is so insane for the business.

Performers would be i so much better shape if they only had to do 2 TV shows a week instead of adding the promo and house show to their schedules.

also

UM9M5hk.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
I loved the occasional hoss match on Nitro. Unlike the WWF at the time they didn't tell those guys to ease up on the reckless lariats, and power bombs. Also the monster jobbers like Ron Studd, Road Block, and Rick Fuller got me to switch over to Nitro to see them take huge bumps for the top stars.

Sephzilla

Shame that the travel schedule is so insane for the business.

Performers would be i so much better shape if they only had to do 2 TV shows a week instead of adding the promo and house show to their schedules.

also

UM9M5hk.gif

Yeah, they really need to dial down their schedule to be honest.

strobogo

Banned
Not a lot of things are better in life than a true Faces of Fear squash. I think Meng was a garbage solo dude and usually sucked in real tag matches, but a FoF squash is just magical. I have to admit to kind of liking Mongo in the ring, too. He wasn't good, but he was 100% game and tried his hardest at all times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not a lot of things are better in life than a true Faces of Fear squash. I think Meng was a garbage solo dude and usually sucked in real tag matches, but a FoF squash is just magical. I have to admit to kind of liking Mongo in the ring, too. He wasn't good, but he was 100% game and tried his hardest at all times.

Barbarian Boots are fucking insane.

Regarding Mongo, sounds like he has your sympy.

strobogo

Banned
Barbarian Boots are fucking insane.

Regarding Mongo, sounds like he has your sympy.

I can appreciate that he came to the game late in life, far past his athletic prime, but never gave less than 100%. What's more insane than Barb's boots were his top rope over head belly to bellies.

strobogo

Banned
He was fine. Mongo was at his best when he was just acting as the muscle during Horseman matches, with his trusty Halliburton.

Also, holy fuck this match happened...

Tugboat vs. Roadblock

Loooooool. I wondered if Tugboat had given Roadblock a hand me down singlet or something. Roadblock got fat as shit in a hurry.

Laziest finisher in WWE

No surprise it's from Big Slow.

It looked good when he first started using it in 2008. Then he made it lazy as shit with in a year or two.

strobogo

Banned
Gotta lotta gifs from Halloween Havoc 1996 and I'm not even to the main event. Barb CHUCKING Benoit from the top almost to the Slim Jim logo in the other corner. HD 2SPOOKY4ME fingers from Hall. A Stevie Ray stare. Random DoD in the crowd looking ridiculous. Super Dr. Bomb from TMF. Double J dropkicking Giant in the face twice. Macho Man playing with a giant Slim Jim.

Top Bottom