• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

gurudyne

No fucking clue. Stuff like this and the Cole/HHH intetrviews need to find their way on TV more often.

Sometimes I wonder if there's rhyme or reason to some of the creative decisions for RAW beyond "Vince likes it that way"/"politics". The show's got the talent, both in ring and behind the camera to make a quality production--NXT proves it weekly--but they just don't make the decisions necessary. It's so baffling.

Striker

not on tv

not on their network

but it's on their youtube. gotta keep that youtube account updated.
They just waste guys like Ziggler and Cesaro to jobbing to the "big four" or doing commentary (and never getting involved = never advancing a story). The promo is great. But on the TV side I have no idea what they're wrestling for.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Sometimes I wonder if there's rhyme or reason to some of the creative decisions for RAW beyond "Vince likes it that way"/"politics". The show's got the talent, both in ring and behind the camera to make a quality production--NXT proves it weekly--but they just don't make the decisions necessary. It's so baffling.
It's the unfortunate truth. Vince has lost it creatively, consistently running the show like WCW in 2000, rewriting scripts the day of because he doesn't trust the writers he's hired. I almost wonder if all the issues from the mid 2000s(Big talents leaving, Eddie's death, the Benoit situation, huge loss of ratings, disasters in NY, etc.) have finally taken their toll on him. And considering he's almost 70, age might be getting to him as well. It's a shame really, as this is the same man who steamrolled over the territories.

Oh, and having Kevin Dunn on your Board of Directors probably doesn't help either.

Omega

Banned
They just waste guys like Ziggler and Cesaro to jobbing to the "big four" or doing commentary (and never getting involved = never advancing a story). The promo is great. But on the TV side I have no idea what they're wrestling for.

i dont even think they know what they're wrestling for

zychi

Banned
I am honestly okay with Cena remaining on top if WWE (and they won't do this) builds up a strong undercard and mid-card like WCW did. This way at least when they have a PPV, you'll get a few three-four star matches and then when the main event time comes, you'll feel somewhat satisfied.

EXCEPT, everytime something gets hot, they inject Cena into it and ruin it.

See Wyatt, DB, Ambrose, The Shield, Punk, Henry's attempt at finally winning the title.

Not the same as nWo/Hogan wrestling the same 4 dudes every week.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Why aren't there more "did you bring your toys from home" quips when these guys bring out handcuff's and shit. Seth would have nailed Ambrose if he joked about Ambrose and his bedroom doll.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 10/28/96

• Juventud Guerrera vs Steven Regal WCW Television Championship
  • DDP vs Mike Enos
  • Jim Powers vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Jeff Jarrett vs Ricky Morton
  • High Voltage vs Amazing French Canadians
  • Jimmy Grafitti vs Rey Mysterio Jr
  • Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit
  • Booker T vs Lex Luger

Decent enough show. None of the matches were blow away or anything, but they were all fun enough. Don't expect much from Eddie/Benoit. They were both heavily selling injuries from the Havoc and their match was mostly just that. The biggest news is that this is the official debut of Crow Sting. Full face paint, sitting at the top of the arena, not talking. He's here and he's disinterested.

ibfWj9VoShPWwX.gif

ibzPgMCyyBsRnf.gif

iBBXPgWQQwaja.gif

NOTE: There are two other Sting gifs, both of him being disinterested as shit, at the link. But since they're both around 5mb, I didn't want to post all of them.

JavyOO7

I can find some fault with Owen vs Bret at WM10. Half way through the match, Owen picks up his brother and hits him with a tombstone piledriver (looked great). He signals that its over but walks towards the farthest turn buckle, climbs up, tries to hit a flying headbutt, and fails. I dunno about that.

I just love watching this match though. So good. So stronk. So godlike. Thanks WWENetwork!

bjork

I can find some fault with Owen vs Bret at WM10. Half way through the match, Owen picks up his brother and hits him with a tombstone piledriver (looked great). He signals that its over but walks towards the farthest turn buckle, climbs up, tries to hit a flying headbutt, and fails. I dunno about that.

I just love watching this match though. So good. So stronk. So godlike. Thanks WWENetwork!

I miss that era where a guy's finisher was more lethal if he was the one doing it. You could ddt a guy, but Jake would DDT a guy, you know? Anyway, I think the part I like least is the little tie up for the victory roll at the end. Slightly off as they get set.

Favorite part is when the guy in the crowd is all COME ON OWEN and Bret looks out at him.

strobogo

Banned
I wish there were more Bret/Owen matches that were taped. I think there are only like 4 or 5, one of which is a tag match of Bret/Bulldog vs Anvil/Owen. Imagine if that feud happened in the modern era. There would be 8 matches on TV in a month.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
lol this company's hopeless. They've let SO MANY great promos rot online where like 5 people will see them. Telling me they can't find 3 minutes in a mammoth 3 hour show for that? I don't get it.
We'll throw together a poorly made backstage promo at the start of a match. Character development!

strobogo

Banned
I'd rather have another 5 years of Cena than Reigns.

Reigns has much better hair, though. I'd rather see that glorious mane than a dude hiding his giant bald spot by keeping his hair in an army cut with the area around the bald spot shaved, thinking no one will notice.

This match is in my top 5

Omega

Banned
We got a PPV on Sunday? Wow

NFL
Start of NBA season
MLB World Series
The Walking Dead on Sunday
Halloween

It feels like WWE is irrelevant right now.

wat

NBA season doesn't start for 3 days, and why the hell is Halloween even on this list? dafuq

It's not on Sunday, it's a one day a year thing..

and why do you have the same avatar as someone else?

Gonzalez

Banned

I wonder if that meant Vince thought Taker wasn't coming back after his break during that time.

Top Bottom