• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

I don't see the outrage regarding the 2K roster. I mean, you can play as both faux-Latino-hero Alberto Del Rio, and AGGRESSIVE Alberto Del Rio. Sounds pretty expansive to me!

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3 - C+
In Your House 4 - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5 - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6 - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7 - C-

Farewell, Diesel and Razor. I hope those guys land on their feet somewhere...

I love how every year, WWE finds some new way to surprise people with their godawful game. And people KEEP. FUCKING. PLAYING. THEM.

No reason to complain at all, ya schmucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The roster thing isn't really a problem that I blame on the game. It just shows how poor WWE's roster is that they've been propping it up for years with legends, and now that they had to do scans, they can't do that for most of them.

With obvious exceptions like The Rock where they had to include him.

The roster thing isn't really a problem that I blame on the game. It just shows how poor WWE's roster is that they've been propping it up for years with legends, and now that they had to do scans, they can't do that for most of them.

With obvious exceptions like The Rock where they had to include him.

They actually said they flew to Texas with the motion cap stuff to do Austin, so I have no idea why they wouldn't fly out to Rock's house and do that for him.

Rock is probably a lot busier than ol' Podcast room man.

I don't think it's really that hard to schedule a few hours around someone's schedule. Even still, the Rock model should look way better than it does. The included create a wrestler in the game can make a better looking Rock than what they made for the game.

Penguin

Word on the dirt sheets is that WWE is looking to do away with the Elimination Chamber PPV, which I get.

It made sense with two titles so could use as a last ditch effort to get your Mania main event set-up, but with one champ and one contender from the Rumble, it serves no purpose

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Word on the dirt sheets is that WWE is looking to do away with the Elimination Chamber PPV, which I get.

It made sense with two titles so could use as a last ditch effort to get your Mania main event set-up, but with one champ and one contender from the Rumble, it serves no purpose
On one hand it makes sense to move the Chamber away from Mania season, as no one ever believes that the champ would ever lose.

But getting rid of it wholesale? Elimination Chamber was the only gimmick PPV that actually made sense. They really should drop battleground and put Chamber there instead.

E0822733-3B3C-40A9-94F1-50F3BBDD3EE4_zps8xcjvrt8.jpg

Big One

Banned
I just had an epiphany...on why WWE is really fucked right now.

There is three guys on the roster that are really the only viable holders for the belt...

John Cena, Daniel Bryan, and Brock Lesnar.

In terms of merch, ticket sales, crowd reaction, these guys "got it" enough to carry the company. One guy should've taken a backseat a long time ago and got others over than himself and half the fans boo him. One guy is out for an injury for god-knows-how-long. One guy doesn't give a fuck about wrestling and doesn't even show up half the time, and is our current champion for some reason.

The Shield (Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns) - All three of these guys have potential to be mega stars, but I honestly feel all of them need some seasoning and some more time on TV as single competitors to really be put in that main event picture.

Bray Wyatt - Needs to be rebuilt from scratch, which I hope WWE does this. Bray Wyatt could've been up there if Cena actually let him go over him in their feud.

Randy Orton - His time in the main event has come and gone. He gets Shield-level reactions at best now and he isn't selling anyone a ticket or drawing any ratings. This is a guy WWE wanted to give the ball to so many times but he was never able to carry it ala Cena has.

Batista - Pretty much gone for movies, and even then he was getting negative reactions when he shouldn't be. Batista actually carried his brand quite well in the RA era, but like Orton his time has come and gone. Plus he's in his 50's...good god.

Rusev - I actually think he has a lot more credibility than most, but we all know Cena is going to beat him and push him down to the midcard.

Dolph Ziggler/Cesaro/Sandow/myfavoritesuperstar.jpg - Any credibility these guys have had in the past has been long and buried by WWE. However I do not think they aren't salvagable, and if WWE can make a lot of money with them they surely will.

Sheamus - He's practically a less over version of Dolph Ziggler. He used to be a part of the upper midcard but his overness has been wanning and the crowd just does not give a fuck about him anymore.

The Miz - Same thing as Sheamus, only in heel mode.

strobogo

Banned
Dudes have been on the Rusev hype train for months. You do not think he has more credibility than most unless you think he's ready to be the face of the company. It reminds me of the post in the best action movies since 2000 thread where a dude listed The Winter Soldier and then that he knew he was going to get shit for it. Like...what world are you in where you think you're going to get shit for thinking TWS was dope? Especially on GAF, which averages 300 MCU threads per month.

I swear, some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate up hill.

Quick random question: Why did Ric Flair always seem to lose? Every time I ever tuned in, or watched a random video, or whatever, I always thought 'Oh, I wonder how he's gonna get beat this time'. I still love him 'cause he was really charismatic, but it always seemed as though he was never a truly threatening heel.

Big One

Banned
Quick random question: Why did Ric Flair always seem to lose? Every time I ever tuned in, or watched a random video, or whatever, I always thought 'Oh, I wonder how he's gonna get beat this time'. I still love him 'cause he was really charismatic, but it always seemed as though he was never a truly threatening heel.
Ric Flair in his prime aka in the 80's wasn't like that. Later on like his career in WCW then his career in WWE was pretty much him on his way out...which lasted about 20 years, so eh.

Alucard

Banned
Rusev getting fed to Cena will be sad. :( Feed him to someone else who could actually use the victory to get over.

Rusev has beaten:
-Big E
-Jack Swagger
-Mark Henry

...and he's on his way to beating Big Show, and probably Sheamus or whoever the US champ is soon. (Survivor Series?)

The man will have built up a very good amount of credibility by Royal Rumble, and he'll likely go over one or two more name talents between Rumble and Mania 2015. At that point, why not have someone step up who could actually use the victory? How about an NXT talent like Zayn? Or maybe even Cesaro?

Speaking of Cesaro, does anyone honestly see this guy as more than just a strong man with limited mic skills? It was the same deal in ROH. He's desperately needed something, anything, since the Paul Heyman debacle.

strobogo

Banned

In WCW, Bischoff didn't like him and Hogan was pulling power plays all the time. Macho lost constantly in WCW as well. Once he went back to WWE, he was 53 when he started wrestling again. Even in his prime he had to cheat and lost via DQs a lot. The Horsemen counter acted him not being a threatening heel in the traditional sense. He didn't have to be when he had Arn, Ole, and Tully doing his dirty work.

2K doing god's work this year
B00fLn9IIAA_DMy.jpg

For reference

Just Bring it:
jTxs4fU.jpg

HCTP:
wLNzNb0.jpg

SvR 2010:
TPIKrFZ.png

strobogo

Banned
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?781281-WWE-2K15-info-on-last-gen-by-people-who-has-the-game-summary-of-what%B4s-being-revealed

So amazing. Things removed from the game for last gen: Story creator, custom music, create a finisher.

Same game play. Outdated attires for all members of Shield, the Bellas, Funkadactyles (both lady teams still together). 3 stages of hell and casket matches are exclusive to Showcase mode. No improvements to CAW. Worst of all, some of Jericho's tats were removed due to copyright.

Arooguy

Dolph Ziggler/Cesaro/Sandow/myfavoritesuperstar.jpg - Any credibility these guys have had in the past has been long and buried by WWE. However I do not think they aren't salvagable, and if WWE can make a lot of money with them they surely will.

Man, this just made me imagine a triple threat between Ziggler, Cesaro, and Sandow for the Intercontinental Championship...or maybe one day for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. IMO Damien Sandow has the potential to be a main eventer, but for some reason they just haven't put him over.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?781281-WWE-2K15-info-on-last-gen-by-people-who-has-the-game-summary-of-what%B4s-being-revealed

So amazing. Things removed from the game for last gen: Story creator, custom music, create a finisher.

Same game play. Outdated attires for all members of Shield, the Bellas, Funkadactyles (both lady teams still together). 3 stages of hell and casket matches are exclusive to Showcase mode. No improvements to CAW. Worst of all, some of Jericho's tats were removed due to copyright.

That is just disgusting. How can they mess up the game that bad? I know their focus is on next-gen, but this doesn't give me any hope. I hope the story creator is in the next-gen version. While it wasn't perfect, I really enjoyed creating stories...also what does this mean for VGCW? :(

Ric Flair in his prime aka in the 80's wasn't like that. Later on like his career in WCW then his career in WWE was pretty much him on his way out...which lasted about 20 years, so eh.

In WCW, Bischoff didn't like him and Hogan was pulling power plays all the time. Macho lost constantly in WCW as well. Once he went back to WWE, he was 53 when he started wrestling again. Even in his prime he had to cheat and lost via DQs a lot. The Horsemen counter acted him not being a threatening heel in the traditional sense. He didn't have to be when he had Arn, Ole, and Tully doing his dirty work.

Ah. Well, just something I noticed. To the casual observer, it seems that Ric Flair never really lived up to his reputation, which was built up in his prime and sort of forgotten then on. I still watched WCW tapes largely because of his promos, mind.

B00fLn9IIAA_DMy.jpg

For reference

Just Bring it:
jTxs4fU.jpg

HCTP:
wLNzNb0.jpg

SvR 2010:
TPIKrFZ.png

4 years of regression. Why doesn't he just fire them already?

B00fLn9IIAA_DMy.jpg

For reference

Just Bring it:
jTxs4fU.jpg

HCTP:
wLNzNb0.jpg

SvR 2010:
TPIKrFZ.png

lol looks like Kurt Angle in a Vince costume.

Lol you should post that in the game thread. Then the people defending Yukes can say wait until you see the PS4 version, because obviously that is where all of their concentration went.

Big One

Banned
I forgot about this. Yeah, Bischoff hated Flair.

But yeah Flair was past his prime in WCW just like Hogan and Macho and many other guys. That didn't stop any of them from being pushed though.

I always wished Ric Flair had jumped back to the WWF in 1998 when he was suing Bischoff. McMahon bringing Flair in to give Stone Cold some real competition would have been great stuff.

Top Bottom