• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Omega

Banned
of course

they couldn't just let two young guys have a match, they just had to put a guy from the stone age in there to kill any sort of interest

Anth0ny

Yeah, that's potentially a problem, too. They can't take as many risks or have blood, so it's not as brutal as it once was from both a physicality and visual standpoint.

I think it would be great if they limited blood to Hell in a Cell, Wrestlemania, and maybe Extreme Rules. Makes it seem more special.

Not like the ruthless agression era where you had dudes in the mid card on Raw blading every fucking week. I don't think it would be that traumatic for the little jimmies if they saw blood once or twice a year. Remember Extreme Rules 2012?

You might even say the Hell in a Cell gimmick doesn't work in a PG environment

Yeah I mean the whole point of hell in a cell is that it's supposed to be the most extreme form of match that WWE is willing to do, and is the Final Stage for feuds that are already nasty, but when there's only a very limited set of things that performers are allowed or willing to do, the spectacle of an extreme match style is hampered significantly. There isn't anything new you can really do, apparently (i mean maybe you could but i can't think of/haven't seen anything) and you also can't just make the match very bloody or full of crazy spots since those don't fly anymore. You'd need to be pretty creative to pull off a good hell in a cell match.

I was thinking Seth and Dean might just be the pair to do that, since they have been creative with their spots and gimmicks which have often been impressive even with constraints on what they are allowed to do, but that dumb double jump from a few feet above the announce table was their shot and they chose that, and they also blew it cos it looked stupid.

tumblr_ne30szwbQk1srbyoyo2_500.gif

I think it would be great if they limited blood to Hell in a Cell, Wrestlemania, and maybe Extreme Rules. Makes it seem more special.

Not like the ruthless agression era where you had dudes in the mid card on Raw blading every fucking week. I don't think it would be that traumatic for the little jimmies if they saw blood once or twice a year. Remember Extreme Rules 2012?

Exactly. I think that's a problem they had in the Attitude Era and early parts of the Ruthless Aggression era: every time there was a head shot with a belt/chair/etc., someone bled and it eventually made it seem a lot, lot less special when someone got busted open.

this is the match we've been talking about for months guys... sorry but people were saying these two were ready for the main event? lmfao

blame it on wwe creative. this sucks.

Top Bottom