• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

imBask

Banned
So, this is all leading to Cena beating Brock at Summerslam to tie their recent matches at 2 and 2 right? Followed by a cash in win by Rollins which is followed by Ambrose winning the rumble. Boom, Wrestlemania main event!

hahaha anyone but Reigns winning the rumble, hilarious

good one m8

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So, this is all leading to Cena beating Brock at Summerslam to tie their recent matches at 2 and 2 right? Followed by a cash in win by Rollins which is followed by Roman Reigns winning the rumble. Boom, Wrestlemania main event!

Fixed that for you...

imShWB0rsLVeJ.gif

Sephzilla

Reigns winning the Rumble was pretty much destined after the reception Reigns got during the last Royal Rumble. Of course, Vince probably completely misinterpreted that reception Reigns got as "Reigns is over!" when in fact Reigns got a lot of pops at the end simply because he was the last guy who could take out Bootista.

Sephzilla

The only people who I think realistically have a shot at the rumble win right now are Reigns, Bryan (if he comes back in time), and maybe Ambrose as an outside shot.

Hasney

The only people who I think realistically have a shot at the rumble win right now are Reigns, Bryan (if he comes back in time), and maybe Ambrose as an outside shot.

Cenas name should, as always, be in the discussion. Orton too, especially with a face turn upcoming.

Cagey

Banned
Do people realize what will actually happen if Vince McMahon dies?

stock_market_crash.jpg

gl, hf watching the company in the aftermath of that. You think recent budget cuts were bad? LOOOOL.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

It really should've been Cesaro. All the cards were there after Mania. He was over, had Paul Heyman for the obvious connection for there to be a logical feud, and he had the look.

BUT NOOOOOOOOO...

imBask

Banned
Do people realize what will actually happen if Vince McMahon dies?

stock_market_crash.jpg

gl, hf watching the company in the aftermath of that. You think recent budget cuts were bad? LOOOOL.

Haitch and Steph got this

swerve, Vince will leave the company to Dunn before dying

I enjoyed last night's show, not sure if that's because I went in with no build up or not though. I hadn't watched any of the WWE TV Shows since the last PPV. This is my life now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Why finish it when you can do another 3 or 6 month feud later? Good place to stop it and keep it hot for later. Unfinished business. Both guys looked great coming out of it, and so did Wyatt. Relevant again.

The problem is that the wyatt interference came out of nowhere. It had no build up, there was no interaction or kayfabe connection between wyatt and ambrose.

When Kane interfered with the very first Hell in A Cell match, it was his debut - we had heard Paul Bearer mention the Undertaker's brother Kane, and that the Undertaker had burned him in a fire long ago, and that Kane was still alive, in the months leading up to Hell in A Cell. There was a connection between Kane and Undertaker, a feud which was the justification for Kane appearing and interfering in the match.

With Bray Wyatt interfering with Ambrose? It's the other way around. Bray Wyatt interfering in the match is the justification for the feud. You don't book a feud around matches (unless the feud is literally about a controversial match result, or evenly matched guys trying to one up each other in the ring - see Benoit vs Booker T best of 7), you book matches around a feud.

Sephzilla

I want unique PPV sets to come back but they need to be scaled down a bit. The WrestleMania 30 entrance covered almost one entire side of the arena. That's probably 10,000 more people you could have squeezed into the Silverdome had you used something smaller.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince, there's too many thousand year old demons in the new Samurai Warriors.

I haven't encountered very many yet, but I've only got through the Oda campaign and some of Takeda. I guess Oichi is probably one of em...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't encountered very many yet, but I've only got through the Oda campaign and some of Takeda. I guess Oichi is probably one of em...

It's mostly the voices. Like Naotoro(?) has one of the coolest movesets, but her voice and her character are so disgustingly anime fanservice bullshit.

Kacho

Gold Member
I'd much rather have a Halloween Havoc in October than a Hell in a Cell.

I was saying this to my wife while we were watching last nights PPV. I hate how entire PPVs are named after gimmick matches. Takes all of the excitement out of it. It would be awesome if they brought back Halloween Havoc. My default stage of choice in WCW/NWO Revenge, too.

Remember the storyline last year where Vince was kicked out of his own company and replaced by Trips? I think that actually might be the only way things get better.

It's gotten to the point where I feel (rightfully) like an idiot for paying to watch the network talk about how good wrestling used to be when Vince was pushed to ditch the 2 dimensional muscleman shit and then turn around and watch the product now as if that self-awareness completely evaporated in the last 15 years. It's insulting.

haha so on point with this. Maybe this is Vince's way of creating one last great era. Give us shit for years and years only to flip the switch later and suddenly we're watching to most amazing wrestling ever. A new era is born.

sora87

Seriously? Cena and Lesnar AGAIN? Do wwe actually have any creative writers these days?
Also what’s the point in having hell in a cell stipulations these days when they just have totally normal matches in them? “We’ve just witnessed one of the all time great hell in a cell matches” says Cole, was he watching a totally different one on the network?
Least my boy Rusev won and Ambrose/Rollins actually used the cell and put on a good show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In the event of Vince McMahon's death, the Chaos Wrestlers will be broken into 12 pieces and scattered throughout the Olde Territories. John Cena will need to rise above hate and collect all of the Chaos Wrestlers' Souls to forge the True Chaos Belt, which turns him into Super Sonic so he can defeat the...audience

kiguel182

As long as HHH has full control of NXT I couldn't care less about Vince.

NXT is like the perfect wrestling show right now. The only problem is that those guys will have to go to Raw and probably be wasted.

Top Bottom