• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Sephzilla

word

FGR049_cover.jpg

#Feels

It isn't Brock just choosing not to show, it's WWE choosing not to have him show.

I agree his reign is cold and sucks, but it's hardly Bork's fault.

It's sad how wretched the product is right now. Everything looked in place to go a good direction after Wrestlemania, and here we are closing in on Survivor Series and we have Bork/Cena 3 when no one gave a shit about Bork/Cena 2, Cesaro going nowhere, Rollins being the same boring heel every show, Ambrose being a slightly wackier Stone Cold, Rusev fighting the old giants club. When your developmental show is far better than your actual shows, you have a serious problem. They seem to know that their company is hemorrhaging, but instead of innovating and taking a chance at really getting people interested, they're doubling down on the same shit that got them flatlined for the last decade.

I think it's impressive how devoted Vince is to riding the Orton-and-Cena caboose no matter what until one of the three finally wrecks and dies.

Sephzilla

Hell in a Cell matches need to go back to being a special rare match used for super hot rivalries.

TLC matches need to be retired unless the Hardy's, Dudleys, Edge & Christian discover the fountain of youth.

Move Elimination Chamber to a December PPV.

Bring back Halloween Havoc

I am completely over Bray Wyatt. The talky things he does that some people call "promos" do nothing for me and actively have me tuning out and his in-ring has never been anything more than "fine". I am completely done with the character and wish it would go away for good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am completely over Bray Wyatt. The talky things he does that some people call "promos" do nothing for me and actively have me tuning out and his in-ring has never been anything more than "fine". I am completely done with the character and wish it would go away for good.

Maybe you can run him off like you run off members of this community.

Hell in a Cell matches need to go back to being a special rare match used for super hot rivalries.

TLC matches need to be retired unless the Hardy's, Dudleys, Edge & Christian discover the fountain of youth.

Move Elimination Chamber to a December PPV.

Bring back Halloween Havoc

Get rid of EC, TLC and HIAC themed PPVs. Use the match type when it's suitable.

Bring back King of the Ring to replace Survivor Series.

jmdajr

He knows, he just doesn't want to take it. He's working "safe".

Honestly, I've suspected Cena has been working injured for at least 3 or 4 years and just doesn't dare to take any long amount of time off to heal, or isn't allowed to.

Can't wait till he runs the ropes like Kelly Kelly

I honestly think the only reason why they didn't want to wait is so they can revisit Ambrose/Rollins further on down the line.

Regardless, HIAC was main evented by new dudes and Wyatt being another new dude, we should be celebrating that fact.

I think it was a reasonable finish. People will be more behind Ambrose and hate Wyatt. Rollbrose can be taken to another level with Ambrose costing Rollins MiTB

I think it's impressive how devoted Vince is to riding the Orton-and-Cena caboose no matter what until one of the three finally wrecks and dies.

Remember the storyline last year where Vince was kicked out of his own company and replaced by Trips? I think that actually might be the only way things get better.

It's gotten to the point where I feel (rightfully) like an idiot for paying to watch the network talk about how good wrestling used to be when Vince was pushed to ditch the 2 dimensional muscleman shit and then turn around and watch the product now as if that self-awareness completely evaporated in the last 15 years. It's insulting.

Sephzilla

Remember the storyline last year where Vince was kicked out of his own company and replaced by Trips? I think that actually might be the only way things get better.

It's gotten to the point where I feel (rightfully) like an idiot for paying to watch the network talk about how good wrestling used to be when Vince was pushed to ditch the 2 dimensional muscleman shit and then turn around and watch the product now as if that self-awareness completely evaporated in the last 15 years. It's insulting.

CM Punk, "when Vince is dead", etc.

CM Punk, "when Vince is dead", etc.

It's true. And Trips even admitted on Jericho's podcast that he would never step down, so this shit isn't getting any better.

I just told a buddy of mine that I feel like if I were to start taking my favorite ex-girlfriend to dinner and drinks only so she could reminisce and to tell me stories about how great things used to be with us but never touch me or have sex with me now.

The Network is like: "God damn, look at this shit, it's Stone Cold versus The Rock. Isn't this great? These guys are fucking awesome. They're being funny and believable and interesting. God damn this is good. Anyway, here's a fat fuck in sweat pants interrupting the main event of the match you've been waiting to see."

Tim-E

This community complains about the WWE not doing anything new, but they just let two guys who have never main evented a show before do so together for the first time since Bret Hart/Bulldog st Summerslam 92. In addition, the show ended with another young guy getting involved. All this on a show where the fucking US title match was higher on the card than a Cena/Orton match.

Sephzilla

It's true. And Trips even admitted on Jericho's podcast that he would never step down, so this shit isn't getting any better.

I just told a buddy of mine that I feel like if I were to start taking my favorite ex-girlfriend to dinner and drinks only so she could reminisce and to tell me stories about how great things used to be with us but never touch me or have sex with me now.

The Network is like: "God damn, look at this shit, it's Stone Cold versus The Rock. Isn't this great? These guys are fucking awesome. They're being funny and believable and interesting. God damn this is good. Anyway, here's a fat fuck in sweat pants interrupting the main event of the match you've been waiting to see."

WWE is only going to change in the event of 1 out of 3 scenarios happening.

1- Vince dies, because he's never going to step down due to his micromanaging workaholic nature.

2- Cena goes down with a legit career threatening injury, something that will sideline him for almost a year and force WWE to actually build up some new star(s).

3- Another federation actually rises up to compete against WWE.

This community complains about the WWE not doing anything new, but they just let two guys who have never main evented a show before do so together for the first time since Bret Hart/Bulldog st Summerslam 92. In addition, the show ended with another young guy getting involved. All this on a show where the fucking US title match was higher on the card than a Cena/Orton match.

With all due respect, all I've seen you do on here is complain about the community complaining. Nobody here is complaining that the show ended with Rollins/Ambrose/Wyatt. People are complaining that the ending was a shit ending regardless of who was in it.

There's a part of me that wants to believe the only reason Orton/Cena didn't go last was because the Rollins/Ambrose ending required cutting a hole in the ring

imBask

Banned

you literally just made an argument for us in your argument against us

it's been 22 years. why did they wait 22 years.

Just because something is new doesn't mean it was good. No one left that PPV glad that the match ended the way it did.

WWE is only going to change in the event of 1 out of 3 scenarios happening.

1- Vince dies, because he's never going to step down due to his micromanaging workaholic nature.

2- Cena goes down with a legit career threatening injury, something that will sideline him for almost a year and force WWE to actually build up some new star(s).

3- Another federation actually rises up to compete against WWE.

2 doesn't matter because Reigns is Cena's understudy. Boring ass generic Reigns is his successor in Vince's eyes. 3 probably won't happen either only because WCW and ECW were built on existing feds and there aren't really any existing feds to build off of anymore.

Sephzilla

2 doesn't matter because Reigns is Cena's understudy. Boring ass generic Reigns is his successor in Vince's eyes. 3 probably won't happen either only because WCW and ECW were built on existing feds and there aren't really any existing feds to build off of anymore.

Even if Reigns is an understudy to Cena I'd still take Reigns at this point. Roman still has the possibility to grow into something new/different. Cena has been the same stale character for pretty much a decade and he's not going to change (read: turn heel) so long as Vince is around.

Even if Reigns is an understudy to Cena I'd still take Reigns at this point. Roman still has the possibility to grow into something new/different. Cena has been the same stale character for pretty much a decade and he's not going to change (read: turn heel) so long as Vince is around.

But Reigns is going to be the exact same way except with less charisma.

Vince McMahon did. Both the real one and the one that posts here.

I think that proves that the one that posts here is the real one, since no one who paid to see it actually enjoyed that shit ending.

Thursday the Network numbers will be revealed, they'll be a mess, and they'll be able to blame Ambrose/Rollins because "well that was our biggest feud, it main evented a PPV, we gave you something new why didn't you care!!!!" and we'll get the same shit including you complaining about complaints

So, this is all leading to Cena beating Brock at Summerslam to tie their recent matches at 2 and 2 right? Followed by a cash in win by Rollins which is followed by Ambrose winning the rumble. Boom, Wrestlemania main event!

Top Bottom