• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

So last night's ending was basically like a psuedo remake of the first one.

It's a meta commentary on how Hollywood is remaking everything even when they're not. Cause we make movies, god damn it.

That Bray Wyatt knows how to craft these stories I tells ya!

NEW MOJO!
tT8mrn1.gif

Ithil

Seriously? Cena and Lesnar AGAIN? Do wwe actually have any creative writers these days?
Also what’s the point in having hell in a cell stipulations these days when they just have totally normal matches in them? “We’ve just witnessed one of the all time great hell in a cell matches” says Cole, was he watching a totally different one on the network?
Least my boy Rusev won and Ambrose/Rollins actually used the cell and put on a good show.

WWE are in a bubble where they tell you what is reality. Orton/Cena is one of the great rivalries because they tell you it is, not because it is (because it's not remotely). At least, that's what they think.
In reality no one buys it when they go on about how this 4000th Cena/Orton match is an "instant classic" when it's the same match they have every time, which is rarely even the match of the night, let alone the year.

bjork

If they knew when Vince was going to die, I would honestly not be surprised to see them go private again. Just to try and preserve his baby and not let some old nemesis buy them out. People don't try it now because Vince is crazy. He'll show up at your house and genetic jackhammer your ass. He'll shit on your carpet and walk all through it and mush it in. Bob Costas got the stare that one time, he suddenly got real chummy once he knew he was marked for death. McMahon 3:16 etc

Hasney

If Vince knew when he was going to die, he would make it a storyline.

I almost wish he believed in fortune tellers or something.

bjork

Do you guys think this would be any different now if WCW had signed Cena before they closed, and he was green enough that Vince didn't bother getting him? Or would they have just slid someone else into the spot and made them super instead, like uh... Rob Conway.

Pavaloo

I'm still upset wwe never did wyatts vs shield proper

i don't get how they could miss such an opportunity. They ran it for like a month and stopped the feud. It was SO white hot too! Every time the two factions were in the same place just having a stare down the roof would begin to blow off. THAT'S a feud that they could have held on to for months and months.

but in the end, can't we all just agree that brie gets super cute when she's in brie mode?
total divas finale > HIAC

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shield vs Wyatts felt out of place in modern WWE for a variety of reasons. Like, prior to that, when was the last time they had two strongly booked factions? It made me think of 90s NJPW or 2000s Dragon Gate or even early 80s territories more than WWE. Especially the whole 'faction warfare' idea and with both 'heel' factions having their fans. It would have worked without involving any real storyline. It was just over by itself.

You might compare it to something like Horsemen vs NWO, but even at the time, I knew NWO was way cooler than the Horsemen. That little 5 foot nothing Malenko wasn't gonna do shit to Scott Hall. Dungeon of Doom vs NWO didn't work either because Dungeon of Doom was a goofy ass stable no matter how cool FoF was.

bjork

Shield vs Wyatts felt out of place in modern WWE for a variety of reasons. Like, prior to that, when was the last time they had two strongly booked factions? It made me think of 90s NJPW or 2000s Dragon Gate or even early 80s territories more than WWE. Especially the whole 'faction warfare' idea and with both 'heel' factions having their fans. It would have worked without involving any real storyline. It was just over by itself.

You might compare it to something like Horsemen vs NWO, but even at the time, I knew NWO was way cooler than the Horsemen. That little 5 foot nothing Malenko wasn't gonna do shit to Scott Hall. Dungeon of Doom vs NWO didn't work either because Dungeon of Doom was a goofy ass stable no matter how cool FoF was.

dislike button

Sephzilla

Fans chanting "this is awesome" before Wyatts vs Shield even started was amazing on its own.

It's too bad Vince doesn't seem to be a fan of factions.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Its Kevin Nash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fans chanting "this is awesome" before Wyatts vs Shield even started was amazing on its own.

It's too bad Vince doesn't seem to be a fan of factions.

There's a book to be written on what Vince McMahon doesn't like and doesn't understand, despite fan reaction. I know there was a rumor that while Paul Burchill was getting over with his POTC gimmick, Vince killed it because he didn't understand why fans would cheer for pirates.

Sephzilla

Anyone remember that rumor from a few years back where Nash was thinking about resurrecting the nWo with Punk as the centerpiece?

I kind of thought it would have been cool

Marvel

could never
I was surprised by the outcome actually, shorter than I expected. I was hoping for those two to steal the show and for Cesaro to win at least one fall lol.

Ithil

I was surprised by the outcome actually, shorter than I expected. I was hoping for those two to steal the show and for Cesaro to win at least one fall lol.

Especially when matches like Sheamus/Miz went way overlong for what they were, and of course Orton/Cena went like 25 minutes because it's Orton and Cena and they think they are obligated to go that long, despite the match being the same old same old.

jred2k

I really still can't understand Cesaro not getting at least one pinfall. It's amazing that he could end up looking that weak after dominating a match.

enewtabie

Ziggler is one of two things.

1. Arrived in a time machine from the territories in the 80s

2. Curt Henning reincarnated

Missed the match to play Destiny,but can't believe the title didn't exchange hands.

Cesaro's theme song is like John Cena the way it seems to suck the air out of the building. Those sirents are horrible. His euro theme was better.

Paige has one of the best themes in double double e.

edit: Also they need to continue building Ziggler as super resilient in a kind of HBK way. That's his ticket to remaining credible if he ever gets back into the title picture.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm amazed that there are still people out there who think Ziggler can be 'built up' or that Ziggler will be anything other than the new Kofi/RVD. The guy you throw the mid-card title on because you don't care to build up an actual feud for the mid-card title, and you realize the mid-card title brings down your upcoming starts now instead of boosting them up.

Patryn

The major problem with Lesner/Cena III is that you can't have Lesner losing without making his entire reign pointless and totally derailing the train to Wrestlemania, and Vince won't let Cena look bad, so it'll be another bullshit ending.

I look forward to Lesner/Cena IV at the Royal Rumble!

sora87

Ziggler and Cesaro put on one of the best matches last night, hope they continue the feud and bring some hype back to the IC title

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CFO$ creates simpler but more memorable themes. They're the best.

Top Bottom