• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Ithil

Who else is he really going to go over though? Big Show is considered a upper level guy by WWE. There is no one else at the upper level other than Ambrose and he is feuding with Wyatt now.

We just said this, Sheamus. Former World champ, currently holding the US title, the most logical title for Rusev to get right now, would be a great match and a different kind of match from his recent giant matches.

Sheamus is also considered upper level by WWE, after all. They keep him super strong even as a midcard champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know IWC dorks like all of us come up with unification ideas all the damn time but Rusev is a good vessel for unifying IC and US titles together. He would have actual motivation for doing it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, or at the very least to retire the US Title. That belt is pretty worthless.

They both feel samey, that's really the only issue I have with one or the other. I prefer IC, honestly, of the two, but they feel like they serve the same role.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Live my nightmare.
pDDQWDm.gif

Sephzilla

They both feel samey, that's really the only issue I have with one or the other. I prefer IC, honestly, of the two, but they feel like they serve the same role.

I prefer the IC belt as well. I think the reason I view the US title as below the IC belt is because WWE at least tries to pretend the IC belt still matters. They held a tournament to grant a #1 contender and then made a big deal about the IC battle royal as well.

The US belt meanwhile went MIA during Dean Ambrose's title reign and nobody has really given a crap about it since Shaemus got it.

Aiii

So not worth it
I prefer the IC belt as well. I think the reason I view the US title as below the IC belt is because WWE at least tries to pretend the IC belt still matters. They held a tournament to grant a #1 contender and then made a big deal about the IC battle royal as well.

The US belt meanwhile went MIA during Dean Ambrose's title reign and nobody has really given a crap about it since Shaemus got it.

Neither belt means jack shit, fuck all. Hell, the WWE title is nowhere to be found, the WHC title has been retired and still they can't be arsed to make either of these belts mean ANYTHING.

Ithil

The US belt is worthless and needs to be retired, but there is one last good thing it can do and become a fun prop in Rusev's anti-USA gimmick. They touched on that in Cesaro's US title reign but never really went with it properly.

Hasney

I think a part-time champion works well. With 12 PPVs, the championship doesn't need to be defended on every one of them.

But you'd think in 3 defences, at least one of them would be against someone different.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The US belt is worthless and needs to be retired, but there is one last good thing it can do and become a fun prop in Rusev's anti-USA gimmick. They touched on that in Cesaro's US title reign but never really went with it properly.

Yep. I like the idea of him 'conquering' it and then replacing it with the IC belt as it represents a fairer, more balanced global championship.

"If Rusev wins the US Title, what does that mean? He beat everyone of note in the USA? Psh. That is nothing." etc etc

XenoRaven

Yep. I like the idea of him 'conquering' it and then replacing it with the IC belt as it represents a fairer, more balanced global championship.

"If Rusev wins the US Title, what does that mean? He beat everyone of note in the USA? Psh. That is nothing." etc etc
He should win it at a PPV, win again in a rematch the next night, then throw that shit in the trash.

Sephzilla

I think a part-time champion works well. With 12 PPVs, the championship doesn't need to be defended on every one of them.

But you'd think in 3 defences, at least one of them would be against someone different.

Yeah, I don't think the belt necessarily needs to be defended every PPV. But I think the champion should be involved in each PPV.

Ithil

Granted the IC belt is actually for North and South America (as it's the World title that's for all continents), but who remembers that?

Hasney

I wish JBL would just not talk

I agree

He should win it at a PPV, win again in a rematch the next night, then throw that shit in the trash.

He should win it at Tribute to the Troops!
that's where his streak ends though I bet :(

Yeah, I don't think the belt necessarily needs to be defended every PPV. But I think the champion should be involved in each PPV.

Nah, I like that he's a special attraction. Maybe some kind of video, but he doesn't need to be there for all of them.

Fox318

Commentary tried going quiet during the last match.

Vince should just return to commentary so at least somebody believes the stupid story.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of want to revisit that recent (ish) Old School Raw with Jesse Ventura as the special host, to hear Vince and Jess call a modern match together again. I remember enjoying it, but I remember nothing else about it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Commentary tried going quiet during the last match.

Vince should just return to commentary.

God please no.
I kind of want to revisit that recent (ish) Old School Raw with Jesse Ventura as the special host, to hear Vince and Jess call a modern match together again. I remember enjoying it, but I remember nothing else about it.

That's because Ventura knew Vince couldn't tell him shit. Vince was still shit, but Jesse announced like normal because it's not like Vince was his money maker like Cole and the lot. Vince was shit. Vince is shit. Vince is one of the worst commentators ever in professional wrestling history.

The idea of Brock as a dominant champ worked if he showed up at every PPV and at least one Raw.

If he can't bothered to show for months on end it's really hard to give a shit. Heyman can only do so much.

This was a great idea but it's now a failed project. That Undertaker rub is also going to be lost as well.

They also really botched Brock's momentum with that Night of Champions mess.

It isn't Brock just choosing not to show, it's WWE choosing not to have him show.

I agree his reign is cold and sucks, but it's hardly Bork's fault.

It's sad how wretched the product is right now. Everything looked in place to go a good direction after Wrestlemania, and here we are closing in on Survivor Series and we have Bork/Cena 3 when no one gave a shit about Bork/Cena 2, Cesaro going nowhere, Rollins being the same boring heel every show, Ambrose being a slightly wackier Stone Cold, Rusev fighting the old giants club. When your developmental show is far better than your actual shows, you have a serious problem. They seem to know that their company is hemorrhaging, but instead of innovating and taking a chance at really getting people interested, they're doubling down on the same shit that got them flatlined for the last decade.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's also making me wonder, thinking about it now - has anyone arranged an older match's commentary, say with Brain and Gorilla, and worked it out into a modern day match? Obviously the names wouldn't work out, but surely there's some obsessed dork out there who has done this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's because Ventura knew Vince couldn't tell him shit. Vince was still shit, but Jesse announced like normal because it's not like Vince was his money maker like Cole and the lot. Vince was shit. Vince is shit. Vince is one of the worst commentators ever in professional wrestling history.

I enjoyed Vince's enthusiasm for the product. That was by far his best quality on commentary. I also loved Jesse with him because he would take him to task all the time, like you said - knew Vince couldn't tell him shit. Good stuff, I loved those two going back and forth.

Stone Cold vs McMahon was too late, we shoulda had Jesse vs McMahon in the 80s.

Zach

That's also making me wonder, thinking about it now - has anyone arranged an older match's commentary, say with Brain and Gorilla, and worked it out into a modern day match? Obviously the names wouldn't work out, but surely there's some obsessed dork out there who has done this.

Well now I want to see this done.

Sephzilla

Vince was a bad announcer but I'll agree with Sunny that at least Vince had some enthusiasm at the desk. Cole sounds like a complete automaton.

Vince was a really bad interviewer though.

it's not RAW. Don't expect anything big.

guys, I just woke up with this weird "cena's gonna win the 3rd match" taste in my mouth, how do I get rid of it

Bunch of matches back to back, crowd pleasing spots, just all around a good time for everyone. WWE Live is a lot of fun, enjoy!

It's gonna happen, accept it and move on.

Sounds good! Randy Orton and Kane vs Dean Ambrose sounds like a good 'un. So does Ziggles vs Cesaro for the Intercontinental Championship, although somehow I already know the outcome for it(.)

Anyways, I personally can't wait.

I don't get the commentary. Are they trying to add more gravity and weight to what's going on by doing their shocked silence shtick. JR would have lost his voice before the match even started between ambrose and rollins.

I don't get the commentary. Are they trying to add more gravity and weight to what's going on by doing their shocked silence shtick. JR would have lost his voice before the match even started between ambrose and rollins.
They practically no sold both of the individual table spots outside of the ring, it was a little weird.

Fox318

God please no.

But he has to be the one person who believes in the story.

This is the dude that thought Bobby Lashley would take the world by strom so much over CM Punk.

Yesssssss. A front row seat! Such luck~

I wonder if I'll like it more, or less. I do like the idea of being up close, but what if I accidentally notice that it's all fake? :c

Top Bottom