• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Moa

so guys

how was raw

VYz2M.gif

So... Brock isn't going to be at Survivor Series, and is going to be Team Cena vs Team Authority, instead of a Team Ambrose vs Team Rollins.

And Cena is going to be over Rollins at that PPV.

zqghbdT.gif

RP912

Banned
Never fear. They'll regurgitate the same bullshit finish then too.
You'll even get some mini-battle royals before and after where Kofi can trot out his latest close shave near-elimination just minutes before his actual elimination.

My favorite segments before the rumble is the typical couple of wrestlers announcing why they are going to win the rumble leading into a big brawl with everybody on the roster. I swear I seen the damn segment for three years now....next year it'll be four.

Toki767

So... Brock isn't going to be at Survivor Series, and is going to be Team Cena vs Team Authority, instead of a Team Ambrose vs Team Rollins.

And Cena is going to be over Rollins at that PPV.

zqghbdT.gif

Even worse. The next feud people might want is Orton vs Rollins but Cena's still there just because.

dakun

Cena gets paid more than most of the talent put together.

of course he does. He's the definition of perfect... no one is worthy of fighting him but Lesnar. Too bad Vince can't pay Lesnar enough to be on TV more than once every 2 months. We'd have 3 hours of Lesnar vs. Cena with the winner getting a spot on the Main Event on Wrestlemania to fight the loser who is also getting a spot on the Main Event. Because fuck logic.

Ithil

The single most annoying thing about Cena is how whatever he is doing at that exact moment, is always the single most important thing in WWE, according to WWE. No matter what. He also can only care about one thing at a time.

Easily illustrated with the Dean/Seth/Cena thing from the last month. Dean and Seth have a five month blood feud over the Shield betrayal, Dean has the biggest reason in the world to want to beat Rollins. But Cena has one problem with Seth, he cost him one match (he already has a new title match by the way, handed to him for free, by the Authority), and the WWE is instantly telling you that Cena's beef with Rollins is equal to Ambrose's five month blood feud.

Then Cena loses the right to face Rollins, and has a "losers" match with Orton, which is immediately treated as the co-main event and it's all WWE can go on about. Also that "obsession" Cena supposedly had with beating Rollins? Gone, he doesn't care that he isn't facing Rollins anymore after a month of devaluing Ambrose's feud with Rollins first.

Now tonight, Cena is somehow the "Austin" face fighting the system, because he is. Also he gets a free match with Rollins and the entire locker room suddenly cares about his supposed beef with the Authority, which has never existed before tonight. But it's immediately the most important thing in WWE. Because it relates to Cena.

Now I have a headache. Cena's really not worth all these words.

dakun

i can't imagine anything but the entire locker room being sick and tired of Cena.. i doubt he's "one of the boys" as Bret Hart would put it.

UberTag

The single most annoying thing about Cena is how whatever he is doing at that exact moment, is always the single most important thing in WWE, according to WWE. No matter what. He also can only care about one thing at a time.

Easily illustrated with the Dean/Seth/Cena thing from the last month. Dean and Seth have a five month blood feud over the Shield betrayal, Dean has the biggest reason in the world to want to beat Rollins. But Cena has one problem with Seth, he cost him one match (he already has a new title match by the way, handed to him for free, by the Authority), and the WWE is instantly telling you that Cena's beef with Rollins is equal to Ambrose's five month blood feud.

Then Cena loses the right to face Rollins, and has a "losers" match with Orton, which is immediately treated as the co-main event and it's all WWE can go on about. Also that "obsession" Cena supposedly had with beating Rollins? Gone, he doesn't care that he isn't facing Rollins anymore after a month of devaluing Ambrose's feud with Rollins first.

Now tonight, Cena is somehow the "Austin" face fighting the system, because he is. Also he gets a free match with Rollins and the entire locker room suddenly cares about his supposed beef with the Authority, which has never existed before tonight. But it's immediately the most important thing in WWE. Because it relates to Cena.

Speaking the truth about Cena... that's a paddling.

Alucard

Banned
Man, You guys are always so negative.

I caught the ending and could only roll my eyes at Cena. The guy is just STALE as fuck, and nothing he does will please me. Nothing. Not until he either totally changes up his character, delivers a promo I care about, or just plain leaves or turns heel. Since those last two things will never happen, I have to hope that one day the WWE will realize that Cena is just plain boring and that as much as he's their cash cow, he's also holding them back from doing anything truly unique and fresh.

The WWE are also in a shitty position because of the lack of Bryan. :( He brought a ton of energy and things seemed to be picking up with him as champ (Kane feud aside), but then he had to be honest with himself and get his body taken care of.

I just went back on my DVR and started watching the Dust vs. Big Team match. Enjoyed the opening segment.

Fox318

Maybe it's just time for everyone to move on from the WWE?

Most of society has and looking at the ratings most of the fan base has.

Vince seems content to have his carney show play to the Wal-Mart mobility scooter crowd and their 18 inbred children.

Ithil

This WM will be the tenth anniversary of Cena becoming the top guy. Literally a decade on, and RAW just revolves around Cena and ends with his awful trumpets blaring while he stands tall. Ten years of it.

At least when Hogan was on top for a decade, there was no weekly TV, certainly not a three hour primetime show.

I predict that Cena gets put with current faces who he has fucked over in the past: Dolph, Ryback, Ryder, and Mizdow. Once the match begins his team instantly turns on him and it becomes a 9 on 1 Survivor Series match. Cena goes on to pin every one of them in sequence and then celebrates like he didn't suffer any injury in the match despite spending 10 minutes of it playing dead.

Alucard

Banned

Stop trying to apply logic to the WWE's creative decisions. Trying to make sense of their bullshit character motivations is like trying to figure out all the mysteries of Lost...but not nearly as entertaining.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Maybe it's just time for everyone to move on from the WWE?

Most of society has and looking at the ratings most of the fan base has.

Vince seems content to have his carney show play to the Wal-Mart mobility scooter crowd and their 18 inbred children.
True. There's no competition and the wrestlers actually participating in the backstage politics can't get anything improved. CM Punk had the right idea. Save your money and be done with the buisness in good shape. I feel bad for Ambrose. Losing a push after putting his body on the line.

Heroman

Banned
Clearly it's always been about Cena versing the world.

BDdn1e5.gif

But he still has the Breakfast Club on his side.
That gif doesnt make any sense, goku wouldnt be able to kick Kid buu like that.
\
I caught the ending and could only roll my eyes at Cena. The guy is just STALE as fuck, and nothing he does will please me. Nothing. Not until he either totally changes up his character, delivers a promo I care about, or just plain leaves or turns heel. Since those last two things will never happen, I have to hope that one day the WWE will realize that Cena is just plain boring and that as much as he's their cash cow, he's also holding them back from doing anything truly unique and fresh.

The WWE are also in a shitty position because of the lack of Bryan. :( He brought a ton of energy and things seemed to be picking up with him as champ (Kane feud aside), but then he had to be honest with himself and get his body taken care of.

I just went back on my DVR and started watching the Dust vs. Big Team match. Enjoyed the opening segment.

I have no problem with john cena , in fact he my Favorite of all time but I can understand not liking him. He does the same stuff but when does a good promo there is no one better than him.

Stop trying to apply logic to the WWE's creative decisions. Trying to make sense of their bullshit character motivations is like trying to figure out all the mysteries of Lost...but not nearly as entertaining.

I just think things politically rather than logically nowadays. There's a reason for everything when it comes to these decisions and there's not a god damn thing you can do about it.

FirmGraciousJoey.gif

THis where I pimp new Japan?

Power Struggle (2014)

Date November 8, 2014[1]
Bodymaker Colosseum[1]

1 A.J. Styles vs. Yoshitatsu Singles match
2 Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi vs. Chaos (Kazuchika Okada and Yoshi-Hashi) Tag team match
3 Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata Singles match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship
4 Chase Owens (c) vs. Jushin Liger Singles match for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship
5 Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Hirooki Goto

Ithil

This isn't even about character motivations (because Cena has no motivations. No character either).
It's about how anything he does is instantly claimed to be the most important thing ever. Every match he has is "an instant classic!". Any bit of crowd noise and it's "This capacity crowd is on their feet for John Cena". Every feud no matter how lacking in substance or logic has all of WWE revolve around it. Everyone else's rivalries or angles are superseded if Cena is added to the program.

It grates more than anything else, the way everything in WWE bends around the black hole of Cena.

Top Bottom